PDA

View Full Version : EFI Improves Standby Time?

$MacUser$
Mar 6, 2012, 09:55 AM
Just installed the Air firmware update...can't say for certain how long ago it was released. FYI I'm on a late 2011 11" i5. I was having problems losing 1.5% to 2% battery per hour in sleep. Last night after the update and with about 98% batt I only slept the machine, rather than shut down as I've been accustomed (no real power loss with full shutdown).

This morning I'd only lost about 5% when typically I would've lost at least double that. So it seems perhaps the EFI has addressed this issue, at least in part?

BigMcGuire
Mar 6, 2012, 10:26 AM
Do you get this by doing an Apple --> Check for Software Update? I bought my 13' 2011 Macbook Air 3 weeks ago and I remember there was an update that required a reboot and a boot-like update (firmware?). Is that the one? Sorry, my first macbook after 15 years of PC (and loving it).

Edit: Just did a check for new software and there was a TimeMachine update, but that's it.

$MacUser$
Mar 6, 2012, 12:59 PM
Do you get this by doing an Apple --> Check for Software Update? I bought my 13' 2011 Macbook Air 3 weeks ago and I remember there was an update that required a reboot and a boot-like update (firmware?). Is that the one? Sorry, my first macbook after 15 years of PC (and loving it).

Edit: Just did a check for new software and there was a TimeMachine update, but that's it.

When I first bought mine there was also a firmware update out of the box (this was December), but this update was something I was just prompted to download a few days ago. In fact, it was an "auto" prompt.

I check for updates at least once a week so it's def something new. It may be particular to the 11". Not sure.