Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
On the eve of iPad HD being announced, here are my iPad predictions.

Performance:
A6 processor will be dual core 1.2Ghz/beefed up graphics. This will not be that big of an upgrade for people who already have iPad 2. Mainly because the horsepower to simply "push" that many pixels of the 2048x1536 display will be massive. Therefore actual "performance" will be very similar to iPad 2 in its current form.

Screen:

POSITIVES
The Screen will be beautiful at 2048 x 1536 Hopefully no massive light bleed problems that took months to work out.

NEGATIVES:
Yes there are negatives! Because this display has so many pixels, 1080p is not a big deal as its indistigushable from 720p on a freakin' 9.7 inch display.

Also, its going to take months before devs of your favorite apps have iPad "retina graphics" ready to go. A few still don't have retina graphics for iPhone!

Cameras:
Front camera will be FaceTime HD camera found in current iMacs. Rear camera will be 5MP camera found in iPhone 4.

AND FINALLY!

New Apple TV box with 1080p. Apple will now change its tune and talk about why 1080p is the GREATEST THING EVERRRRRR!!!!!!!! This will be nice for Netflix and HD streaming from the iPad.

But as I said earlier 1080p video is not going to look any better than 720p on the iPad itself.

Oh yeah and its gonna look identical to iPad 2.

OK, I'm done!

Last edited:

iLauren

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
On the eve of iPad HD being announced, here are my iPad predictions.

Performance:
A6 processor will be duel core 1.2Ghz/beefed up graphics. This will not be that big of an upgrade for people who already have iPad 2. Mainly because the horsepower to simply "push" that many pixels of the 2048x1536 display will be massive. Therefore actual "performance" will be very similar to iPad 2 in its current form.

Screen:

POSITIVES
The Screen will be beautiful at 2048 x 1536 Hopefully no massive light bleed problems that took months to work out.

NEGATIVES:
Yes there are negatives! Because this display has so many pixels, 1080p is not a big deal as its indistigushable from 720p on a freakin' 9.7 inch display.

Also, its going to take months before devs of your favorite apps have iPad "retina graphics" ready to go. A few still don't have retina graphics for iPhone!

Cameras:
Front camera will be FaceTime HD camera found in current iMacs. Rear camera will be 5MP camera found in iPhone 4.

AND FINALLY!

New Apple TV box with 1080p. Apple will now change its tune and talk about why 1080p is the GREATEST THING EVERRRRRR!!!!!!!! This will be nice for Netflix and HD streaming from the iPad.

But as I said earlier 1080p video is not going to look any better than 720p on the iPad itself.

Oh yeah and its gonna look identical to iPad 2.

OK, I'm done!

ohmygod you are inventing a product to compete against the iPad 3!!!!111

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Cool story brah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.