PDA

View Full Version : Is this a photo of a 15.4" Macbook Air?

macbook123
Mar 6, 2012, 01:25 PM
I just came across this image on Apple's own websites:

http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/calendar-mail-contacts.html

Maybe I'm just confused but the bezel looks much thinner than on my 13.3" Air, and of course also the 11.6" one. Also, comparing to the 13.3" one, the webcam is much more centered in the bezel in this photo. Does Apple photo-shop their own laptops to make them look more attractive, or is this a larger Air??

GoCubsGo
Mar 6, 2012, 01:29 PM
I don't know if I'd call you confused but I seriously doubt that is a 15.4 anything.

Feed Me
Mar 6, 2012, 01:30 PM
Bezel looks about the same thickness as other MacBook air photos on apple.com to me. Maybe you have an older MacBook air with a different bezel size?

It's also quite common for Apple to hastily photoshop screen images onto their devices. In the past, there have been pictures of iPod touches with an "Emergency Call" feature in the lockscreen, amongst others.

falterego
Mar 6, 2012, 07:46 PM
Yeah, that's just a bad (and unnecessary) photoshop job. Between the bezel and the first pixel on my display there is a distinct black border where there are simply no pixels. On that image the border is a simple 1-2 pixel frame drawn around their iCal screen shot. Almost every image for every tech product has the screen contents superimposed, just not usually that poorly.

macbook123
Mar 6, 2012, 10:02 PM
The height of the upper bezel is 7% of the height of the display in the image, 8% on the actual display. A minor difference. The ratio of the spaces between webcam and upper edge of the bezel to lower edge of bezel is 0.76 on the image, 0.5 on the display. Shopped in multiple ways it seems...

I agree with the other poster that the main reason the bezel looks thinner in the image is probably not the above cheat, but the cheat that the gab between bezel and actual display is much thinner in the image.

halledise
Mar 7, 2012, 04:01 AM
I just came across this image on Apple's own websites:

http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/calendar-mail-contacts.html

Maybe I'm just confused but the bezel looks much thinner than on my 13.3" Air, and of course also the 11.6" one. Also, comparing to the 13.3" one, the webcam is much more centered in the bezel in this photo. Does Apple photo-shop their own laptops to make them look more attractive, or is this a larger Air??

no :D

Macman45
Mar 7, 2012, 04:16 AM
Nothing to see there...It's an Air.