Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troop231

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
I didn't see any documentation posted, but there should be a total of four new images to include, Icon-72@2x, Icon-Small-50@2x, Default-Landscape~ipad@2x, and Default-Portrait~ipad@2x

Are these the correct files names? What strings do I need to add in info.plist?

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: They finally update the documentation: https://developer.apple.com/library...s.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40007072-CH6-SW1

However, I'm finding it a bit confusing to understand.

Edit 2: Can someone please tell me if these keys look ok for iOS 4.2 and iOS 5 compatibility? This is giving me a headache.

NGdpN.png

Last edited:

frankus

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Rename Default@2x.png

When built with the iOS 5.1 SDK, universal apps that contain both a Default@2x.png launch image (for retina phone-idiom devices) and a Default-Landscape.png/Default-Portrait.png launch image pair will display the Default@2x.png on retina iPads (regardless of orientation).

If you don't have high-res files ready for iPad but are building with the iOS 5.1 SDK, you can simply rename your Default@2x.png to Default@2x~iPhone.png (which arguably we should have been doing all along). You can leave the Default.png unchanged if you need to support truly ancient devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.