PDA

View Full Version : Apple Releases Apple TV Software Version 5.0 with Updated Interface

MacRumors
Mar 7, 2012, 03:24 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/07/apple-releases-apple-tv-software-version-5-0-with-updated-interface/)

Following today's introduction of the new 1080p Apple TV (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/07/apple-introduces-new-apple-tv-set-top-box-with-1080p-video-and-updated-interface/) with an updated user interface, Apple has now pushed the 5.0 software update to existing Apple TV set-top boxes.

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/03/apple_tv_2012_movies.jpg
While the update obviously doesn't add 1080p support to the older boxes, it does bring the new icon-based user interface and other enhancements such as support for direct Netflix billing (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/07/netflix-now-offering-1080p-streaming-on-new-apple-tv-with-direct-itunes-store-account-billing/) to their iTunes Store accounts.

Article Link: Apple Releases Apple TV Software Version 5.0 with Updated Interface (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/07/apple-releases-apple-tv-software-version-5-0-with-updated-interface/)

slicecom
Mar 7, 2012, 03:25 PM
Niccccccccccccccce!

I have no need for 1080p on my 720p TV, and I'm not upgrading until Apple makes a TV. ;)

Kaibelf
Mar 7, 2012, 03:31 PM
Niccccccccccccccce!

I have no need for 1080p on my 720p TV, and I'm not upgrading until Apple makes a TV. ;)

Updated my ATV2 to the new menus. Very slick, but I can't seem to figure out how to tie my Netflix account's billing to iTunes - anyone found this?

kcamfork
Mar 7, 2012, 03:32 PM
I wish there were a way to make it sleep faster/easier. With this update, there is an extra step. Please... let me know if I'm missing something. But I would like to make it sleep without the TV on to know where I'm navigating to. (I almost always turn the TV off and then think to myself, "Now I have to turn off the Apple TV...")

emt1
Mar 7, 2012, 03:33 PM
I wish there were a way to make it sleep faster/easier. Now there is an extra step. Please... let me know if I'm missing something. But I would like to make it sleep without the TV on. (I almost always turn the TV off and then think to myself, "Now I have to turn off the Apple TV...)

Don't worry about the Apple TV. It draws like no power.

slicecom
Mar 7, 2012, 03:35 PM
I wish there were a way to make it sleep faster/easier. With this update, there is an extra step. Please... let me know if I'm missing something. But I would like to make it sleep without the TV on to know where I'm navigating to. (I almost always turn the TV off and then think to myself, "Now I have to turn off the Apple TV...")

I just set mine to sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity and never worry about manually putting it to sleep.

Kaibelf
Mar 7, 2012, 03:38 PM

Just ignore it. It'll power down after idling for about 10 minutes, and in the meantime the power draw is practically nil.

nfl46
Mar 7, 2012, 03:49 PM
For all the jailbroken people, don't update if you want to keep your jailbreak.

Edit: Or does it?

M-O
Mar 7, 2012, 03:54 PM
I wish I could rearrange the icons and hide the ones I never use... I'd like Netflix to be on the top row, and the sports icons to disappear.
I have found that long pressing the home button puts it to sleep. I don't know if this is a new feature, or one I just never came across before.

nagromme
Mar 7, 2012, 03:56 PM
Yet another example of Apple bringing new features to old devices—an example which, as always, will be forgotten in time for the next nonsensical round of “Apple always wants to force you to upgrade by withholding XYZ feature for no reason!” :p (As though that’s been the trend... and as though Apple would truly want to damage their core reason for success—user experience—in trade for “forcing” some small fraction of people to upgrade a product.)

scottrichardson
Mar 7, 2012, 03:58 PM
Guys, help.

I updated mine. It didn't reboot. I unplugged it and replugged it, and now I get an iTunes logo with a USB cable on screen.

What the hell do I do?

Did it even come with a USB cable? I can't remember!

Scottie

JPM42
Mar 7, 2012, 04:02 PM
Guys, help.

I updated mine. It didn't reboot. I unplugged it and replugged it, and now I get an iTunes logo with a USB cable on screen.

What the hell do I do?

Scottie

Sounds like your Apple TV got bricked. What you'll need is a micro USB to connect from your Apple TV to your computer. Open iTunes and restore.

Appel
Mar 7, 2012, 04:03 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hold down the circle button til the white light on your atv turns off. Now the atv is off, no need for the tv to be turned on. This is not a new feature.

Does anyone know if this update bring airplay mirroring to the ML dev preview?

scottrichardson
Mar 7, 2012, 04:13 PM
Sounds like your Apple TV got bricked. What you'll need is a micro USB to connect from your Apple TV to your computer. Open iTunes and restore.

Damn. So I don't have one of those :( Now I have to drive all the way into town and buy a micro USB cable.

Bevz
Mar 7, 2012, 04:18 PM
Looks to me like Apple are finally preparing for an ATV app store... The new look essentially separates all the distinct sections into app icons and there is an awful lot of space when you shift the screen down... I recon (well, mostly hope lol!) that an ATV app store will be part of developer seeds by the WWDC in a few months... Fingers crossed!

kainjow
Mar 7, 2012, 04:27 PM
Looks to me like Apple are finally preparing for an ATV app store... The new look essentially separates all the distinct sections into app icons and there is an awful lot of space when you shift the screen down... I recon (well, mostly hope lol!) that an ATV app store will be part of developer seeds by the WWDC in a few months... Fingers crossed!

Agreed. Definitely a step closer to custom ATV apps.

palebluedot
Mar 7, 2012, 04:38 PM
Yet another example of Apple bringing new features to old devices—an example which, as always, will be forgotten in time for the next nonsensical round of “Apple always wants to force you to upgrade by withholding XYZ feature for no reason!” :p (As though that’s been the trend... and as though Apple would truly want to damage their core reason for success—user experience—in trade for “forcing” some small fraction of people to upgrade a product.)

I think the argument (playing devil's advocate) is more about the fact they package hardware capable of running certain features (ex: Siri) but hinder that with software. It's their right and makes good business sense for them to a degree but could rub some power-users/geeks the wrong way. Apple isn't exactly gunning for "geek-friendly" now that they are evolving into a mass-market consumer products company, so there will always be some justified feelings of sadness at that transition for computer geeks who have been accustomed to Apple pre-mass market iPad/iPhone success.

Then again I know a lot of times comments on here are partisan jabs for or against Apple's decisions and moderate discussions of the good and bad aren't often welcome, so I am probably playing devil's advocate for naught :p

Nailedtothex
Mar 7, 2012, 04:43 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Exciting... Trying to get a new itv in the shopping cart for my living room 52" 1080p set... My bedroom 42" 720p set with the previous itv just finished rebooting...checking out the new diggs

jamesvdm
Mar 7, 2012, 04:45 PM
Any direct download links?

northernbaldy
Mar 7, 2012, 04:46 PM
From the screen shots it looks like the music menu has returned :D

That was the only reason I didnt replace my atv1

So can you now select music from an iTunes library without having to push it to the atv using AirPlay?

luisfl97
Mar 7, 2012, 04:48 PM
can you play iTunes extras and LP with this new update?

jonnysods
Mar 7, 2012, 04:55 PM
Can't wait to get back home - it's going to be be a software downloading spree!

whoami
Mar 7, 2012, 05:08 PM
Niccccccccccccccce!

same here... preach!

Pieira
Mar 7, 2012, 05:45 PM

You've always been able to stream music from your iTunes library. Now you can stream it from iTunes match. I don't think you can store any music on the device like you maybe could with the first one.

newagemac
Mar 7, 2012, 05:57 PM
From the screen shots it looks like the music menu has returned :D

That was the only reason I didnt replace my atv1

So can you now select music from an iTunes library without having to push it to the atv using AirPlay?

Well you held out for the wrong reason then. You never had to use Airplay. The second generation Apple TV puts music, movies, tv shows, photos, iTunes U, podcasts, and any other content that's in your iTunes library under "Computers" and it is shared to the Apple TV using the Home Sharing feature.

Airplay is an option but it has never been required to get your music in your iTunes Library on the Apple TV. Also, the Music icon is for iTunes Match which is another way to get your music. The main benefit with iTunes Match on the Apple TV, you don't need an iOS device or a computer running iTunes.

twoodcc
Mar 7, 2012, 06:06 PM
guess i need to update my old apple tv. i really don't use it much, but once mountain lion hits, i think i'll use it more

Sedulous
Mar 7, 2012, 06:09 PM
Definitely an improvement. I wonder why Apple still doesn't have an ATV2 app section. It seems lame that everything is bundled with the firmware. Lots of apps I don't want, a few that I do but they can only be updated when Apple releases a firmware update.

SeaFox
Mar 7, 2012, 06:36 PM
http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/03/apple_tv_2012_movies.jpg[/URL]

Wow, think how easy it would be to navigate those "Top Movies" if we only had a REAL remote control with a numeric keypad on it. :rolleyes:

What the hell do I do?

You don't have any extra USB cables laying around, and no other devices that us USB you could just borrow the cable from for a short bit?

richsadams
Mar 7, 2012, 06:52 PM
You've always been able to stream music from your iTunes library. Now you can stream it from iTunes match. I don't think you can store any music on the device like you maybe could with the first one.

Just an FYI, the ATV2 has been able to stream music from iTunes Match since iTunes Match went live.

You are correct, the ATV2 (and almost certainly the ATV3) does not store any music.

----------

You don't have any extra USB cables laying around, and no other devices that us USB you could just borrow the cable from for a short bit?The ATV2 specifically requires the not-so-common micro-USB cable...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ES5ZSW/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

----------

Guys, help.

What the hell do I do?

ScottieRestoring your Apple TV2...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4367

As mentioned earlier, you'll need a micro-USB cable to connect it to your computer/iTunes.

Restoring it will automatically install the latest version (5.0) as well.

lunarworks
Mar 7, 2012, 06:58 PM
The fact that Netflix can now bill through iTunes is just further evidence that an "app store" is on its way. More content options, here we come.

Irishman
Mar 7, 2012, 07:12 PM
Niccccccccccccccce!

I, for one, am relieved they DIDN'T make a TV! This new box was just the upgrade I wanted. I didn't need a new TV. I needed a new $100 box to plug into my TV. Now, I can move the ATV2 to the 720p LCD in the bedroom, and plug the ATV3 into the 1080p plasma in the movie room.

Hotness!

SeaFox
Mar 7, 2012, 07:19 PM
The ATV2 specifically requires the not-so-common micro-USB cable...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ES5ZSW/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

So not-common, every cell phone in the EU uses them for charging.

enigmatut
Mar 7, 2012, 07:35 PM

My question exactly. I'd even be happy if this was just offered on the new AppleTV (given that I'll probably upgrade to that for the 1080p anyway).
Anyone?

drewyboy
Mar 7, 2012, 07:52 PM
As stated on page 1 a few times, this has app store all over it. I mean, come one, seriously... the layout is designed for it. When i first saw and laughed and thought... man, they couldn't be any more obvious. My guess is the fall w/ iOS6. I'm also excited to see the full iCloud unification that I was disappointed wasn't there when they first launched iCloud... but after seeing mountain lion I get it now. When steve said they weren't going to screw it up like mobile me, he wasn't kidding. They are taking their sweet time, but I'd rather have that, than get miffed at a screw up.

rikahlberg
Mar 7, 2012, 08:01 PM
So not-common, every cell phone in the EU uses them for charging.

The only devices I've ever had that used one of these USB cables were a BlackBerry and a very old LaCie USB drive... AFAIK Apple has never used that connector on any other product.

I just started the update on my Apple TV and it's said "Less than a minute remaining" for the past 15 minutes. I'm sure the servers are slammed with requests tonight, so I guess I'll just have to watch that latest episode of Ringer until the thing restarts on its own :)

rtdunham
Mar 7, 2012, 08:15 PM

You're lucky. I can't get the update to calculate a "minutes remaining" message. ATv update efforts have failed probably a dozen times over the past four hours, as have my efforts to upgrade iOS on my phone. Odd.

enigmatut
Mar 7, 2012, 08:16 PM
My question exactly. I'd even be happy if this was just offered on the new AppleTV (given that I'll probably upgrade to that for the 1080p anyway).
Anyone?

Confirmed: I don't see iTunes Extras anywhere in the interface, both via iCloud and via "Computers". I'm still hoping for it in the new :apple:TV.

yancey47
Mar 7, 2012, 09:51 PM
Meh... Any attention paid to the Apple TV is good I suppose but I think the interface is too big, and itunes extras and LPs still arent playable. Plus it doesn't seem like the new Apple TV will play lossless music files without downsizing. If I had a 1080 TV I might be more excited though.

Ivan P
Mar 7, 2012, 09:53 PM
It looks too crowded and colourful. I was especially disappointed to see the menus for each selection is still exactly the same as it was on the previous software. To me it just looks like they've thrown a coat of paint on the main screen and called it a day.

deecasey
Mar 7, 2012, 11:40 PM
Has anyone else got the problem that all your 'TV Shows' under the users 'Computer' section is no-longer listed alphabetically, just one big mess of a list, not too impressed!!! Only seems to be under TV Shows as Music and Movies are fine.

northernbaldy
Mar 8, 2012, 12:45 AM
Well you held out for the wrong reason then. You never had to use Airplay. The second generation Apple TV puts music, movies, tv shows, photos, iTunes U, podcasts, and any other content that's in your iTunes library under "Computers" and it is shared to the Apple TV using the Home Sharing feature.

Airplay is an option but it has never been required to get your music in your iTunes Library on the Apple TV. Also, the Music icon is for iTunes Match which is another way to get your music. The main benefit with iTunes Match on the Apple TV, you don't need an iOS device or a computer running iTunes.

Ah, I see! Thanks for letting me know

My atv1 is still running flawlessly, but I think I might now upgrade to an atv3 for the better hd

Cool

Thanks

scottrichardson
Mar 8, 2012, 02:45 AM
[/COLOR]Restoring your Apple TV2...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4367

As mentioned earlier, you'll need a micro-USB cable to connect it to your computer/iTunes.

Restoring it will automatically install the latest version (5.0) as well.

I tried. I went and purchased a cable. Still didn't work. iTunes couldn't restore due to an error (1611) and (21).

Going to try again tomorrow. If it fails. Apple will repair it. Which I hope means it will be a replacement :P

eddyg
Mar 8, 2012, 07:40 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

As the previous poster said. Coat of paint on the main menu.

Nice, but fails to integrate the subsequent levels.

Doubt this is leading to an AppStore, although hopeful that it does. For Australia abc iview would be a hit, kids have smashed my iPad when using it as a remote to view kids shows from iview.

eddyg
Mar 8, 2012, 07:44 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

The key thing is (for me) is that apple are not at all developing their interface with a users existing library in iTunes on their machine. The focus is all iCloud, which of course (without iTunes match for movies) means that the hundreds of movies that some of us have on iTunes remain second class citizens to apple (by design).

Zimmy68
Mar 8, 2012, 07:55 AM
Can anyone explain how match movies work?

Apparently, the digital copies you get from buying the Blu-Rays don't count when they really should.

In my iTunes, it shows a number next to my TV shows (I assume its updated versions even though there is no way to update).

No numbers next to my Movies.

I would love to delete all my digital copy movies and be able to download them from the cloud when I need.

claimed4all
Mar 8, 2012, 08:36 AM
Just give me Pandora on my Apple TV.

hinchesk
Mar 8, 2012, 10:05 AM
Any direct download links?

iClarified has them... just google iclarified and atv

Peace
Mar 8, 2012, 10:57 AM
The fact that Netflix can now bill through iTunes is just further evidence that an "app store" is on its way. More content options, here we come.

I find it odd that nobody has realized the implications of using your iTunes account with Netflix.

Jetson
Mar 8, 2012, 12:09 PM
Thank you Apple for fixing the iTunes Match playlist folder problem on the ATV2!

I can now navigate among different playlist and playlist categories practically instantaneously now. Before, transitions took many minutes.

All these product and maintenance releases makes it seem like Christmas in March. Apple has knocked it out of the park!

I've been a frequent critic of Apple in the past. But for today, I'm an Apple fanboy :D

Shoesy
Mar 8, 2012, 01:19 PM
I tried. I went and purchased a cable. Still didn't work. iTunes couldn't restore due to an error (1611) and (21).

Going to try again tomorrow. If it fails. Apple will repair it. Which I hope means it will be a replacement :P

Cheap cable? Get a good one (or borrow one from a blackberry guy) and it should work fine.

adddictedtomac
Mar 8, 2012, 01:41 PM
I agree with most of you, 720p is good enough.

http://youtu.be/p-nj8Sshfaw

unless you really must have 1080p I do not see why I should replace my Apple TV2 (2010):eek:

Sorry wrong link:

http://youtu.be/CVXWKaFKFFA this is the good one.

enigmatut
Mar 8, 2012, 01:52 PM
I agree with most of you, 720p is good enough.

http://youtu.be/p-nj8Sshfaw

unless you really must have 1080p I do not see why I should replace my Apple TV2 (2010):eek:

720p has been good enough, and even SD movies have been ok for me from back when I got the original AppleTV.
BUT then it happened: I bought my Samsung 55D8000 (my "dream" TV) and now I can really see the quality of 1080p ... and so I'm addicted to it, of course ;)
Great timing for this 1080p-:apple:TV for me. Preorder is IN.

Scottb8888
Mar 8, 2012, 02:34 PM
So, a month ago, I bought Apple TV... I guess I already have the old versions :(. Can I still download some sort of upgrade and what would that get me?

Jamie0003
Mar 8, 2012, 02:55 PM
So, a month ago, I bought Apple TV... I guess I already have the old versions :(. Can I still download some sort of upgrade and what would that get me?

You mean the little black Apple TV or the original (big metal/plastic box?) If it's the black box, you can update it's software to get the new UI.

Scottb8888
Mar 8, 2012, 02:58 PM
You mean the little black Apple TV or the original (big metal/plastic box?) If it's the black box, you can update it's software to get the new UI.

Yep I have the little black one. Got it a month ago. I can upgrade the software? Would that get me 1080p?

Weaselboy
Mar 8, 2012, 03:10 PM
Yep I have the little black one. Got it a month ago. I can upgrade the software? Would that get me 1080p?

No, but it will get you the new interface. You can upgrade your software to the new version.

yancey47
Mar 8, 2012, 09:27 PM
Has anyone else got the problem that all your 'TV Shows' under the users 'Computer' section is no-longer listed alphabetically, just one big mess of a list, not too impressed!!! Only seems to be under TV Shows as Music and Movies are fine.

yeah its a giant mess. I'm sure a minor software update is coming. Not a big fan of this "upgrade".

deecasey
Mar 8, 2012, 09:52 PM
yeah its a giant mess. I'm sure a minor software update is coming. Not a big fan of this "upgrade".

Yeah I know, I've encountered similar bugs over the last 15 months of owning the ATV2 when either the ATV2 itself or iTunes has an update, so expecting 5.0.1 OS soon lol Not a big fan either, a Launchpad-esque look and feel would have look better

SvP
Mar 9, 2012, 03:13 AM

Press Play/Pause on the remote for 3 to 4 seconds, it'll go to standby immediately.

(always baffles me how many people don't see use so dismiss the question… why is that? One example of wanting to go to standby fast is if you want to unplug & move it..)

rcha101
Mar 9, 2012, 05:15 AM
Definitely an improvement. I wonder why Apple still doesn't have an ATV2 app section. It seems lame that everything is bundled with the firmware. Lots of apps I don't want, a few that I do but they can only be updated when Apple releases a firmware update.

On the old version of code you could hide things under the Internet menu by disabling them via the parental settings. Try this if there are apps you don't want to see. I agree it's not ideal and I would much prefer to see an app store like the iphone/ipad.

MonkeySee....
Mar 9, 2012, 05:25 AM
App Store would be great.

Subscribe to Channels individually through iTunes which spreads across you iOS devices.

Purchase special pay per view events e.g boxing fights etc.

I really can't see a TV being made now.

KeithJenner
Mar 9, 2012, 06:00 AM
Yeah I know, I've encountered similar bugs over the last 15 months of owning the ATV2 when either the ATV2 itself or iTunes has an update, so expecting 5.0.1 OS soon lol Not a big fan either, a Launchpad-esque look and feel would have look better

It is iTunes that is causing the problem, not the ATV update.

It is the same on unupgraded ATV's

Sedulous
Mar 9, 2012, 01:33 PM
On the old version of code you could hide things under the Internet menu by disabling them via the parental settings. Try this if there are apps you don't want to see. I agree it's not ideal and I would much prefer to see an app store like the iphone/ipad.

It isn't so much that I have a problem seeing them. The problem is that they are bundled in the firmware... which makes the firmware bigger than it has to be and more importantly, only allows those apps to get updated when the firmware is updated.

deecasey
Mar 9, 2012, 04:36 PM

It's impossible to guess, I'd probably side with ATV, but somewhere in the code someone's forgot to tell the ATV to compile Computer > TV Shows alphabetically. It's a pretty novice mistake and easy to fix, so OS 5.0.1 should be along soon :)

KeithJenner
Mar 9, 2012, 04:43 PM
It isn't a guess.

I updated iTunes and the problem showed up on all my ATV's, updated or not.

People have reported that updated ATV's are fine on the old iTunes.

It's iTunes.

MonkeySee....
Mar 10, 2012, 09:45 AM
Ok, I updated. Can't say i'm too keen on it. The last one was much more slick.

Oh well, thats the way they went. :apple:

Cory Bauer
Mar 11, 2012, 10:25 AM

There's an option in the Apple TV settings to sort stuff alphabetically, by date, or manually.

----------

Apparently, the digital copies you get from buying the Blu-Rays don't count when they really should.
They do. 10 of my 23 digital copies showed up in iCloud. After re-entering the copy codes for a couple Paramount titles that were missing, they showed up as well. Fox and Universal titles are not available in iCloud "at this time".

KeithJenner
Mar 11, 2012, 03:18 PM
There's an option in the Apple TV settings to sort stuff alphabetically, by date, or manually.[COLOR="#808080"]

No idea what that has to do with my post.

Anyway, there is an option in settings to sort favourites under the TV Shows menu alphabetically, by date or manually. However, as we are talking about the sorting of TV shows under the computers section it is totally irrelevant as it has no effect on that.

Cory Bauer
Mar 11, 2012, 06:26 PM
No idea what that has to do with my post.

Anyway, there is an option in settings to sort favourites under the TV Shows menu alphabetically, by date or manually. However, as we are talking about the sorting of TV shows under the computers section it is totally irrelevant as it has no effect on that.
Never mind then, I thought they were one in the same.

unfated
Mar 12, 2012, 02:07 PM
They seriously need to allow you to rearrange or delete the icons/apps you do not use. I want to at least put them in the order I use them!!!

Jailbreak ATV
Mar 12, 2012, 03:07 PM
I agree there is no need to get the new Apple TV if you are already running the 2nd generation.

hexonxonx
Mar 12, 2012, 06:01 PM
I still have a new Apple TV 2 sitting in it's box waiting for me to buy a HD TV to connect it to. It will be a few months before I can get a TV. I have no plans on buying the new Apple TV when mine hasn't even been turned on yet.

HomestarOH
Mar 14, 2012, 10:23 AM

I accidentally found that if you're on the home screen and hold select for a few seconds, it will shut off. (I was trying to make the icons "wiggle" to see if I could rearrange them.)

JGiuliani
Mar 20, 2012, 12:58 AM
What is Apple going to do next for the iTV with Siri, and iTV App Store, heres opinions from Church of Apple which sounded a lot like my predictions.

http://thechurchofapple.com/2012/03/05/the-upcoming-itv-what-to-expect/

Of course it appears that Apple will release it maybe q4 2012 or q1 2013

rcha101
Jun 11, 2012, 07:10 PM
It isn't so much that I have a problem seeing them. The problem is that they are bundled in the firmware... which makes the firmware bigger than it has to be and more importantly, only allows those apps to get updated when the firmware is updated.

Some people are never happy ;-)

MonkeySee....
Jun 12, 2012, 03:32 AM
So no Apple TV yesterday. I think something that big would warrant its own event as its not an upgrade its a new product.