Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
Has anyone been able to successfully update from a beta 5.1 build from the dev center to the GM seed?

Trying via iTunes and Software Update on the phone produces nothing.

Also, in the dev center, there is no link for the GM seed nor any of the betas.

I've been on the 5.1 beta 3 since January and the radios it uses are terrible.

Bigmoose153

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2010
Has anyone been able to successfully update from a beta 5.1 build from the dev center to the GM seed?

Trying via iTunes and Software Update on the phone produces nothing.

Also, in the dev center, there is no link for the GM seed nor any of the betas.

I've been on the 5.1 beta 3 since January and the radios it uses are terrible.

you'll have to download the GM seed from here or at least thats where I got it from and then restore via iTunes. Works fine.

http://ios.e-lite.org/

BlendedFrog

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2010
Next question....has anyone been able to successfully restore from a backup? Mine updated just fine from b3 to gm and then appears to have restored normally from last nights icloud backup but it's not downloading any apps. Everything has the black bar like it's waiting to download.

BlendedFrog

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2010
I had the same issue, try rebooting your phone.. kicked it free for me.

It's not allowing me to agree to the T&C so it won't download anything. When I tap on a app it says that the T&C have changed and I have to agree to it before I can do anything. So I tap ok and usually it goes to a second screen but it's not doing anything. I have tried setting up as a new device and then restoring again but nothing. Any thoughts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.