Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jovadele

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
if siri functionality of the iPhone 4s was on the iPad i would be very happy. It would allow me to use the device as personal assistant. Something that i would value more than a upgrade in display resolution. By not releasing today Siri on iPad but only dictation it seems that the iPad fail the mark in progress if you compare it to the development of the iPhone4s.
In my opinion the iPad should have more functionality features than the iPhone, logically if the tablet market is taking over the pc market. For me as user i have to wait till Siri is fully adapted into iOS for iPad before i feel comfortable buying it. Just because the iPhone 4s offers more a better camera, also retina, complete Siri while the iPad have lesser camera quality and no siri.
Not knowing what Steve job will do but if apple is stretching their technology knowledge advancements which can be adopted into products on the shelf to generate more money by just releasing minor features. Something that would go against apple's philosophy in the time apple versus windows. Seem their is oppurtunnity in the tablet market for Siri like service, how longer apple is holding out on their iPad device with Siri other tablet makers could start releasing such innovation.
They can prove to court that iPhone works with sire but not iPad. Which mean apple could hold back this technology advancement. Holding back technology in devices is aloud but if another company produce a tablet with Siri like technology they could convince court that apple is holding back so that other companies can not compete wit their iPad product.......What will Steve Job think....?

homeboy

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
London
There's only one problem with a personal assistant on tablets:

They don't always have data connection. That's the reason why Apple didn't add Siri to the iPad.

jovadele

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
data connection .....solution

How you have automatic switching for graphics on mbp. How hard is it to create such fuctionality for wifi and 4glte on iPad. When you start speaking with siri it switch from wifi to 4glte.
iPhone 4s data usage for use with Siri is not as much as people may think. Therefor 1-2gb bandwidth allowance should be sufficient enough in the most extreme way of usage.

it is a fiction excuse that full-time connectivity is needed to have Siri working. iPhone 4s is capable of switching between wifi and 4g also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.