PDA

View Full Version : new imac order

rebscb
Oct 24, 2002, 03:48 PM
hey gang, I just ordered a new imac 17" because I'm plain tired of waiting for something new. I realize that a 1GHZ version is probably in the wings for MSWF, but I just can't wait anymore. There's always ebay for selling it then - i always take the depreciation hit... but so be it....

I need the machine now, but I also have nausea. Anyone else out there been here....?

medea
Oct 24, 2002, 03:57 PM
yeah rebscb, I needed a computer because the HD on my windows machine crashed, and I needed a computer so I went and ordered my iMac, soon after the 17" model was released.........I don't regret it though because I love my iMac and I at the time I really needed a computer.

rebscb
Oct 24, 2002, 04:11 PM
Roger that, my friend....

I'm using a two year old pismo powerbook that is quite "long in the tooth" and though it is still great for mobile work, it lacks the processing and graphic "punch" that really need at this time.

I will use the imac at home as a network hub so that I can access it from my pismo at work and on the fly... but I'm really looking forward to watching DVDs on the widescreen. Tell me, is it as great as I think it will be?

beez7777
Oct 24, 2002, 04:24 PM
im glad you did. i waited for about 8 months until i finally said i need a computer and im tired of waiting. i bought my 17 incher the day before the jaguar release party (8-23), and i couldnt be happier with it. im not regretting waiting another 4 months for a little speed bump. u made a good decision, enjoy the iMac:)

rebscb
Oct 28, 2002, 04:14 PM
I read at spymac that there is speculation that there will be another model of the 17" imac rather soon.

My question is this: I just ordered a 17" imac because I need it and I am tired of waiting for an upgrade.... if there is indeed a new model that comes out shortly after I receive the current model, can I trade it in for the new model within a certain amount of time?

Spock
Oct 29, 2002, 01:50 PM
Congrats on the new iMac, I remember I got my Clamshell iBook 2 weeks before the dual USB 500mhz was realeased oooh I was ticked.