Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pooleman

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Hello all,

I just downloaded the new 5.1 update and want to know how to ensure I can keep all my data and do a complete restore. Every time I have done a restore all my saved data on app, like Infinity Blade, is lost. I still keep the app of course but all of my progress and items are lost. How can I do a total restore but "restore" all of my progress afterwards?

dannyzx

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2009
Orlando, FL
You can definitely attempt an update if you'd like. If you have personal preference of actually restoring to make sure everything is from scratch, do it. I personally am restoring as we speak from 5.0.1 to 5.1. Although on my iPod Touch I performed a Delta OTA (Over The Air) update and it is running very smoothly. I did however, close out all the apps and did a natural restart of the device (turned off with apps closed and powered on normally). I always do when attempting a direct update. Hope this helps you! Post on your results and experience. :):apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.