PDA

View Full Version : Docked Iphone only playing through one speaker on book shelf system

schrickman
Mar 8, 2012, 07:04 PM
Hi Guys-

I have my Iphone 4 docked on a Sony book self system. A couple of days ago it started only playing through one speaker (Itunes, Rhapsody) I played a CD and the CD plays through both speakers and so does the radio. I'm not sure what happened but any help would be appreciated.

-Joe

Rocko1
Mar 9, 2012, 12:18 PM
Try a different iphone or ipod. If that does it too it's the radio. You could try cleaning the contacts with an pencil eraser and alcohol wipe.

schrickman
Mar 9, 2012, 01:54 PM
Definitely cleaned it up now it's only charging and not playing at all. I think it has something to do with the 5.1 update. Thanks though!

Rocko1
Mar 9, 2012, 02:10 PM
Should not be affected by the update. The line out connectors don't change. If it worked with 5.XXX it should work now. Sounds defective.

schrickman
Mar 10, 2012, 09:58 PM
Hey thanks for all the help guys... I figured out it was the connecters not lining up properly because when I aggressively moved around the iphone in the dock I got it to work again.

Scepter
Mar 12, 2012, 09:59 AM
I have exactly the same problem..just purchased Iphon4s plugged into the cradle and it only outputs to one speaker and its analog. Nothing wrong with speakers, HDMI works well with DVD and Coax.

schrickman
Mar 12, 2012, 05:41 PM
Try another iphone/ipod if you have one this way you can determine whether the connection is with your phone or the stereo. Also try wiggling it around in the dock like I did.