Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
The strangest thing just happened.

I was on the Net and it went dead. No biggie, it's a cable modem (although it's a major city)

So I switched to 3G...and that's dead also (the data connection).

Now that's two totally separate networks at the same time, and i've never seen that before. Meanwhile the flair effects have just hit the outer atmosphere

2+2? :D

who knows, just a coincidence most likely....or not.

note: the 3G is back up now; hence this post.

Last edited:

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
I thought this was a thread on a dermatological problem.

Sun spots are not solar flares, the latter is what could be causing disruption. As for whether a solar flare caused your problem...dunno. Ask your neighbors if they had problems. If it was confined to you, then no. Solar flares aren't that discriminating.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
I thought this was a thread on a dermatological problem.

Sun spots are not solar flares, the latter is what could be causing disruption. As for whether a solar flare caused your problem...dunno. Ask your neighbors if they had problems. If it was confined to you, then no. Solar flares aren't that discriminating.

That's right. Sloppy....sorry.

Anyway, i was looking for info (not anything else).

east85

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
During the time frame of the solar activity I had experienced some minor speed suffrage as well as a few losses. None of which lasted more than a few minutes at a time. Apparently as far as I can tell, most of the grid system went unscathed during the incident. The media has such a habit of hyping up stuff, it's ridiculous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.