PDA

View Full Version : Selling my macbook air 11 mid 2011 (rant)

cpnotebook80
Mar 9, 2012, 11:03 AM
I had this since last July and then also the 13" my sis bought (sibling rivalry):rolleyes:
Im selling my 11" 4gb 128gb ssd today. Already have a buyer. One thing i didnt like was the battery life. Everything else was great! except, the battery life always seemed to linger in my mind like my conscious telling me to turn brightness down,this down and that off etc and today at a meeting, it was charged previous nite for a webinar presentation and i noticed that in 2.5 hours it did drain down to 30mins of charge left. Yes I know we are suppose to keep it connected to an outlet, but I had to move around to few other offices to demo it etc

so, if the next iteration of macbook air has better battery life i might reconsider. On the other hand, the 13" battery life was good and i liked it. Although i did like the portability of the 11"

Hope new one comes out soon!!

eric/
Mar 9, 2012, 12:55 PM
I like my 13inch a lot. I was in the shower, had the brightness turned all the way up, along with the music volume, wifi and bluetooth on, and my battery life indicator was about 7 hours.

I really think I got lucky, I routinely have bad ass battery life like that no matter what I'm doing.

urkel
Mar 9, 2012, 01:59 PM
I like my 13inch a lot. I was in the shower, had the brightness turned all the way up, along with the music volume, wifi and bluetooth on, and my battery life indicator was about 7 hours.
Good grief. How long do you take a shower?!?!

Anyway, I got an 11" and love it for the size but Im going to sell once we get closer to the next gen and I'll get 13".

The things I prefer about 13"
- SD Slot (i use it for photo work and usb is a pain)
- Battery life. (11" seems to burn through so quick)
- Bigger screen (my eyes tire easily with the 11")
- The new iPad means if I truly need an ultra-mega-portable then I can take the iPad instead of the Air

cpnotebook80
Mar 9, 2012, 02:02 PM

I really think I got lucky, I routinely have bad ass battery life like that no matter what I'm doing.

Doesn't the humidity affect the laptop's insides in any way? in that environment.
Unless you have a large washroom.

I will use the 13" for now as i found it comfortable but maybe 12" would be perfect size! lol...Yes the 11" screen was tad small esp for large apps where i needed to move the dock to the left to make use of screen estate.

The battery life was indeed the reason why i didnt use it much. I spent more time on ipad 2 then.

Also all that space around the bezel on the 11",, what a waste..

eric/
Mar 9, 2012, 02:39 PM
Good grief. How long do you take a shower?!?!

Anyway, I got an 11" and love it for the size but Im going to sell once we get closer to the next gen and I'll get 13".

No I mean i sat it down and had the music playing for about 30 or so minutes (every once in awhile I take a really long hot shower, soothes sore muscles), came back to find that on the battery life indicator.

----------

Doesn't the humidity affect the laptop's insides in any way? in that environment.

I doubt it. I keep the laptop close to the floor and the door open so it's not too hot/steamy outside of the shower.

LaWally
Mar 9, 2012, 03:09 PM

MBA, the new iPod? I can't wait for the new arm band accessory so I can take my MBA jogging.

iAppl3Fan
Mar 10, 2012, 10:34 AM
MBA, the new iPod? I can't wait for the new arm band accessory so I can take my MBA jogging.

lol