PDA

View Full Version : An app like Trapster

Alex2k3
Mar 9, 2012, 06:45 PM
Hi guys!

I want to try developing an app like Trapster, where users can report police control easy.
I'm very new at iOs programming.

I want the app to be like a map, and uses the Gps. When the user presses "report" a pin shows up at the spot where the person is. The "pin" will be valid for 2 hours and then disappear.
I also want a push notification system. I want the user to have the opportunity to decide how many meters before they reaches the "pin" nearby before they get a notification. like " Police control "x" meters. Take it easy "

Where should I start? I need some tutorials about how to make an app like this.

Thank you!

alexpja
Mar 9, 2012, 07:02 PM
You should probably start from some books too btw, making an app like that at your current stage of programming will be really tough for you. Goodluck :)

Also, there are some nice guides when you visit the subforum and look near the top. Should help.

Alex2k3
Mar 12, 2012, 09:00 AM
Hi.

I'm trying to make an "Police Control" app, and I have made the map and the buttons.
Now I need help to code the MkAnnotations. I want the users to press the "Warn" button, and when they do that, the annotation drops on their location. And when they presses the red dot that drops, i want a "Confirm" and a "Dismiss" button, if the user presses "Confirm" the red dot will stay at the map for 2 hours. And if some one presses " Dismiss " or someone not does something at all, the red dot will be gone after 30 mins.

Can someone help me with this, please?

jnoxx
Mar 12, 2012, 07:40 PM
Not sure if I understood it correctly, but you want us to write the code, because probably, there is a lack of budget for a coder to do it for you.
You are nearly saying everything yourself what you need to do, just need to put that into Coding language.. Which is relative easy when you picked up some books about iPhone/iPad development, actually, I can figure most of this code on top of my head, but the way you ask, is just wrong. Just a tip to you is dig deeper into the books or google, these are all fairly easy examples to find actually. ANd if you have a more specific problem, head back?

Basically, you want a button that drops an MKAnnotation on your spot (so you need Location tracking, and MKAnnotations + a button with responder).
A Confirm/Dismiss button --> Could be an UIAlertView, or an UIActionSheet.
You need timers on Annotation Models (i suggest using a Model for MVC pattern, if you want to add timers to specific things).