Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
I could understand a protective case for an iPhone but some of the body armor type cases for the iPad seems a little excessive. Do most people use the iPad like me where it is at home 99% of the time and always on a coffee table or a couch? I want to pick up a single case made of rubber because it makes the iPad more comfortable to hold. What is the best rubber case out there? I don't see the need for a Smart Cover.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
I could understand a protective case for an iPhone but some of the body armor type cases for the iPad seems a little excessive. Do most people use the iPad like me where it is at home 99% of the time and always on a coffee table or a couch? I want to pick up a single case made of rubber because it makes the iPad more comfortable to hold. What is the best rubber case out there? I don't see the need for a Smart Cover.

Maybe consider a skin for the back instead? It enhances the grip and offers scratch protection from setting it down on things but doesn't add bulk and doesn't interfere with stands, chargers, etc.

BigButa

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2012
The iCarbon Seem really great, but it would actually be cool to have a little bit of protection just in case it does get dropped. So, I'm with the OP: bring on the silicone / rubber cases (but leave the volume switches uncovered!!).

batotman

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
I have an Incipio NGP on my 4S and plan on acquiring the NGP for the new iPad. The only problem is I want it in blue and it's not even available for preorder. The Mercury Gray (which I have and like on my 4S) is up for $17 on Amazon at the moment (vs $30 everywhere else).

I keep mine home, too, so I know what you mean. Every once in awhile I'll take it on a trip so I have a sleeve case (i think it was for netbooks) that I use.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011

ZAGG Leatherskin was really nice on my iPad 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.