Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pchan0

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
Any one else excited about this? A 0.4mm thin/thick glass protector for the new iPad. I had used their glass protector for iPhone and I think its great!

Apple-iPad3-GLAS.t-CS.jpg

Uln4321

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
Just ordered one for my iPhone. Heard it was great! Am also excited for this to come to the iPad!!

Except the iPhone one is pretty expensive ($27) I wonder how much this one will be?

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Just ordered one for my iPhone. Heard it was great! Am also excited for this to come to the iPad!!

Except the iPhone one is pretty expensive ($27) I wonder how much this one will be?

Probably at least $40+...

Los

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Man, I tried to install a screen protector on my iPad 2, and it was a nightmare. Lots of dust under the screen protector, and trying to get it out was a pain in the ass. I can't imagine what this will be like. :eek:

kajitox

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
Man, I tried to install a screen protector on my iPad 2, and it was a nightmare. Lots of dust under the screen protector, and trying to get it out was a pain in the ass. I can't imagine what this will be like. :eek:

Let me recommend the iVisor if you're still looking for a solution to that problem.

MortalDays

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
I would not recommend this Glas.t since it is VERY hard to install without any dust and you will end up with bubbles. You only get ONE try to put on and this costs $50+ and there is compatibility issues with cases.

I guess you have a naked iPad then this would be no problem...

it does feels nice though.

P.S. go search on YouTube, most of them end up with so much bubbles on their screen of their iPhone, its not even funny. (since wasted $50+).

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Still cant figure out why so many get dust under the Glas.t

I cleaned the iphone screen thoroughly, peel it very close to the phone and facing down, move into place over the target, one last light blow of air and drop.

No dust at all.

I will get the Glas.t for ipad when it comes out. Worth a shot as I really like the feel of the one on my iphone.

I do agree that these are hopelessly overpriced and should include 2.

MortalDays

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
Still cant figure out why so many get dust under the Glas.t

I cleaned the iphone screen thoroughly, peel it very close to the phone and facing down, move into place over the target, one last light blow of air and drop.

No dust at all.

I will get the Glas.t for ipad when it comes out. Worth a shot as I really like the feel of the one on my iphone.

I do agree that these are hopelessly overpriced and should include 2.

I would imagine that the iPhone version of Glas.t is easier to install than the iPad given the larger screen size.

Anyway, good luck! :D

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
I have one for my iPhone and you know what I thought about it and don't think i'll get this for my new ipad. It works great so far on my iphone, no problems protecting the screen, though I do have some bubbles, not too annoying, but I have the applecare plus and the ipad will be in a case so even if it does drop and crack as much as this screen protector will cost I might as well use it towards the replacement instead and enjoy the ipad screen as it was intended.

der-kaiser

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Brisbane
I think this has the potential to be the best screen protector even with it's high price point. If installation can be made easier and safer.

Adam-Jobs

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2011
Was in the process of typing my details to order a screen protector from this company. but $30 to deliver to UK!? Nevermind

macAllen

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Las Vegas
Huh?

Emailed Spigen before this was announced. However, I just recived this email.
Dear Allen,
Thank you for contacting Spigen.com Customer Service Department.
Hi, my name is Joseph from Spigen.com.
We are in the process of creating and testing the Glas.t for the new iPad. We do not have any definite plans in creating the Glas.t for the iPad 2 however.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you.
Customer Service Representative,
- Joseph

We do not have any definite plans in creating the Glas.t for the iPad 2 however.

Wait I'm confused. Correct me if I'm wrong *Sarcastic* but I'm almost positive that the iPad 2 and the iPad had the same screen size and dimensions.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
Long term I have heard nothing negatives. I really think its more of a gimmick but this is just my opinion and I am not trying to insult anyone.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Long term I have heard nothing negatives. I really think its more of a gimmick but this is just my opinion and I am not trying to insult anyone.

Recheck your comment. Why would it insult unless you are missing words?

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK

Wait I'm confused. Correct me if I'm wrong *Sarcastic* but I'm almost positive that the iPad 2 and the iPad had the same screen size and dimensions.

I thought that but even Moshi claim there is a new iVisor for the new iPad :confused:

Q Bert

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
Chicago Burbs

It's not that confusing. They're in the process of creating one for the new iPad. Since the iPad2 is an older version, they are not focusing production for it anymore. They're just being technical....because me and you both know that the new iPad and the older iPad2 are the same screen size thus, both can utilize the Glas.t.

So when it comes out, go ahead and order it, whether it is for the new iPad or the older iPad2.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I believe that smart cover will not be compatible with iPad on GLAS t since it will add more thickness to it. :confused::confused::confused:

How much thickness is enough to create a problem?

Plastic screen protectors work fine with Smart Covers, so clearly something with a little thickness works fine.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Preorders being taken for iPad Glas.t
$69.99 (woah)

UPDATE: Whoops look like you still cannot preorder. Wont go in cart.

maniacphoner

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
It's not that confusing. They're in the process of creating one for the new iPad. Since the iPad2 is an older version, they are not focusing production for it anymore. They're just being technical....because me and you both know that the new iPad and the older iPad2 are the same screen size thus, both can utilize the Glas.t.

So when it comes out, go ahead and order it, whether it is for the new iPad or the older iPad2.

Well said. ;)
I'm using one for my iPhone 4S right now and I'm loving it. At first I thought this was a hype, but after testing it out myself, I understand why people say that they can't go back to screen protector films after using the glass tempered screen protectors.

alau0115

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2009
Markham, ON, Canada
Well said. ;)
I'm using one for my iPhone 4S right now and I'm loving it. At first I thought this was a hype, but after testing it out myself, I understand why people say that they can't go back to screen protector films after using the glass tempered screen protectors.

I have seen an installed SGP GLAS.t on a friend's Samsung Galaxy Note and the feel on the surface is very smooth. I would say it is on par with the Power Support Cyrstal Clear film on my iPhone. And also the scratch resistance for this glass is much better than the best clear screen protector in the market (ie. 3-4H vs 8-9H)

However, can you really lift up the glass to remove one single lint during the install? Do the whole glass sheet has to be lifted up entirely?

On regular screen protector, you can lift up part of the film and use scotch tape to pick up a lint or so.

That's something which stops me from going for it..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.