Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anirudh

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2008
India
I just dont get it! When they explicitly state that reception will be affected, why even bother to design a case (let alone two!) which is all metal. Even their Blade bumper was a reception killer. It doesnt matter if they put a whole roll of rubber lining so that the antennae is insulated, at this point it should be obvious that 100% metal is a no go.

That being said, I would like to see something like this or the glide case in a composite design.

DIZAVE619

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/7.30765/27.1324; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

I have the t-type1 in Titan. I don't have any cell or wifi issues. Most people can't tell that I have a bumper case on. IMO this looks better than the caseless glide.

anirudh

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2008
India
So the difference b/w type 1 and 2 are just the metal buttons? We need some more reviews before we can go ahead and buy ANOTHER all metal case :eek:

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Anyone have any photos of the black T-Type1 on a black iPhone?

I ordered a black T-Type1 last night because I'm impatient lol. Might post a quick-n-dirty review quick-n-dirty style later.

-SGD

That'd be a great color on the black iPhone. Hope you post some pics of that once you have it.

So the difference b/w type 1 and 2 are just the metal buttons? We need some more reviews before we can go ahead and buy ANOTHER all metal case :eek:

As far as I know (I'm the one who wrote the above review on GadgetMac) yes, the metal buttons are the only difference in the type 1 and type 2 case. I only received a type 1 sample for review, so I can't speak from first hand experience. I personally think I'd like the type 2 (buttonless) model just a tad more, even though the buttons on the type 1 do have a nice feel to them.

DIZAVE619

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/7.30765/27.1324; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

BTW i have a 4s and my buttons don't rattle like the gadgetmac review said unless you shake the phone really really hard.

DIZAVE619

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2012

Also the front and rear lay on the table lip is .4mm which is the same thickness as the SGP Glas.t So if you put this on, it will be flush with the bumper. I'll see if I can post up picks from my iPhone 3G.

SCARY GAY DAD

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2011
DISNEYLAND
Got my black T-Type1 case for my black iPhone 4S. Installation is definitely not as easy as the video makes it look to be. You have to be rather deliberate in snapping your phone into place, which requires a lot of metal-on-metal snapping. I found installing my Draco IV much easier, not to mention much better looking, albeit nowhere as slim as the T-Type1. The T-Type1 doesn't look as nice because the finish is not as luxurious looking and the shape looks cheap. You can't really tell it's metal, and it looks and feels like plastic. It's not ugly, but if you want the best looking case, stick with the Draco IV. If you need something slim without sacrificing too much looks, the T-Type1 is a good option.

Reception loss is minimal just like with the Draco IV. Maybe even less. I forgot to do a field test before removing it.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Reception loss is minimal just like with the Draco IV. Maybe even less. I forgot to do a field test before removing it.

LoL minimal loss with the Draco? Guess you spend your days next to cell towers every where you go because it seems your the only one that used the Draco that has "minimal" reception loss. It destroyed my reception and judging from all the messages on the Draco thread, tons of others would agree with it's reception killing status. Of course there are those like you that either 1. Have super strong reception EVERYWHERE they go or 2. Are full of crap. I bought one of the very first produced and paid well over $100 plus shipping. I was lucky and sold if for $15 more than I paid and was happy to see it go. I thought and still think it's the best looking case made for the 4/4s it simply sucks for reception.

SCARY GAY DAD

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2011
DISNEYLAND
LoL minimal loss with the Draco? Guess you spend your days next to cell towers every where you go because it seems your the only one that used the Draco that has "minimal" reception loss. It destroyed my reception and judging from all the messages on the Draco thread, tons of others would agree with it's reception killing status. Of course there are those like you that either 1. Have super strong reception EVERYWHERE they go or 2. Are full of crap. I bought one of the very first produced and paid well over $100 plus shipping. I was lucky and sold if for $15 more than I paid and was happy to see it go. I thought and still think it's the best looking case made for the 4/4s it simply sucks for reception.
Those people did not do a field test. You're also assuming that the reception bars are linear. You lose 10 dBs with the Draco IV. You lose far more with other metal cases. Tested 3 different Draco IVs to confirm. People complaining are people who already have 2 bars or less.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Those people did not do a field test. You're also assuming that the reception bars are linear. You lose 10 dBs with the Draco IV. You lose far more with other metal cases. Tested 3 different Draco IVs to confirm. People complaining are people who already have 2 bars or less.
Exactly why I said people without issue must be in high signal areas... or liars.
I however had full bars and it dropped me down to 1 or none and made my phone not usable as a phone in my house. I did do a field test but it's been so long I can't remember the exact numbers, I do however know I lost more than 10. Still a hot looking case.

SCARY GAY DAD

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2011
DISNEYLAND
Exactly why I said people without issue must be in high signal areas... or liars.
I however had full bars and it dropped me down to 1 or none and made my phone not usable as a phone in my house. I did do a field test but it's been so long I can't remember the exact numbers, I do however know I lost more than 10. Still a hot looking case.
Numbers don't lie (assuming the field test is reasonably accurate). If you lost a lot more than 10, that would explain why you dropped from full bars to 1. For me, I tested 3 different Draco IVs and each consistently only lost 8-12 dBs. 1 bar does NOT equal 10 dB. The less bars you have, the more dBs each bar represents (that's just the algorithm Apple decided to use for its reception bars).

"Minimal reception loss" is meaningless without metrics or at the very least, some kind of comparison. So by "minimal reception loss," I mean the least amount for all other metal cases. And having tested other metal cases, I can confidently state that the Draco IV has minimal reception loss because other metal cases cause far more than just a 10 dB loss.

Last edited:

mpchavez

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2012
Help...WHERE CAN I BUY THIS??? I've went on the 4th design website and I really want to make sure I'm buying the legit product and not the fake but when I try to purchase from the website there is no option to buy now and when I check on other authorized retailers they either don't have them in stock or I can't navigate the website because I can't understand the language. So, where did anybody you English speaking people buy this? Thanks in advance all!

mpchavez

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2012
Got my black T-Type1 case for my black iPhone 4S. Installation is definitely not as easy as the video makes it look to be. You have to be rather deliberate in snapping your phone into place, which requires a lot of metal-on-metal snapping. I found installing my Draco IV much easier, not to mention much better looking, albeit nowhere as slim as the T-Type1. The T-Type1 doesn't look as nice because the finish is not as luxurious looking and the shape looks cheap. You can't really tell it's metal, and it looks and feels like plastic. It's not ugly, but if you want the best looking case, stick with the Draco IV. If you need something slim without sacrificing too much looks, the T-Type1 is a good option.

Where did you buy this?

----------

Can you please email me directly ...mpchavez31@gmail.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.