PDA

View Full Version : Action from key/value pair

newtoiphonesdk
Mar 10, 2012, 04:54 PM
I use xtify for push notifications. One feature they have is for custom actions to be performed when user clicks on a notification. Their description for custom data says:
"Use this option for custom actions, such as dial a phone number, open the map, open the camera, etc. Enter the custom data in the format {"key1":"value1", "key2":"value2"}. Between '{}' you can use one or more "key":"value" pairs, separated by comma...The key/value pair defines the action that takes place when the mobile user taps the right button. This action and its key/value are defined by the application developer when he builds the application. You need to know what action and key/value are defined before you complete this field"

Would this be what is meant in the Apple documentation about Localizable.strings and adding in that something like?:

"GAME_PLAY_REQUEST_FORMAT" = "%@ and %@ have invited you to play Monopoly";
;
If so, I could add a Localizable.strings file in my app, and set an action to it? Trying to figure out basically two different things. Have the key press initiate the action to open to a specific Tab Bar Item, or to open to a specific ViewController.