PDA

View Full Version : Updates in MacOS 10.8 ML

bennyf11
Mar 10, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hey All,

It seems that I can update my Mac Store apps, but not my other apps via Software Update.

Is anyone else having the same issue at all?

Cougarcat
Mar 10, 2012, 05:56 PM
Software Update is being deprecated in favor of updates through MAS.

delwynnpawn
Mar 11, 2012, 03:34 PM
I tried using software update and was redirected to App Store. There I saw updates available but they don't seem to install properly. Every time I try installing them, mac would say updates installed successfully but after the required restart they will still appear on the updates section of the App Store. Probably a bug or something. Updates refer to an EFI firmware update and software update for my printer.

Tmelon
Mar 11, 2012, 11:16 PM
I tried using software update and was redirected to App Store. There I saw updates available but they don't seem to install properly. Every time I try installing them, mac would say updates installed successfully but after the required restart they will still appear on the updates section of the App Store. Probably a bug or something. Updates refer to an EFI firmware update and software update for my printer.

Same issue. I have a printer update that doesn't seem to want to install, yet when I updated iLife and iTunes the other day it worked just fine.

aldejesus
Mar 13, 2012, 12:20 AM

Having the exact same issue. I just re-install Mountain Lion Preview, lets see if still happens.