PDA

View Full Version : Got it!!! MBA 13

Horsegoer
Mar 10, 2012, 06:48 PM
Hello All,

Thanks again everyone for their feedback but I did not go with the refurb. i bought it brand new.....wife was kind of against the refurb as much as I told her it was just as good if not better and cheaper....actually was a little argument...:) :( but all is good now.

Does anyone have some advice as to some setup/settings changes I should do maybe to enhance my experience or speed etc.Thanks again.

By the way the screen resi looks unbelievable.

David085
Mar 10, 2012, 06:51 PM
Congratz on your New MBA, Enjoy it :D

Horsegoer
Mar 10, 2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks..I am. On the couch playing with it now...just looking to make some tweaks

Jordan921
Mar 10, 2012, 08:16 PM
Congrats! Why didn't she want you to go refurb?

kulimer
Mar 10, 2012, 08:35 PM
I am curious too, what's the word on refurb? If it's an Apple product, it's an Apple product. I don't see how quality will be subdued.

anirudh
Mar 10, 2012, 10:20 PM
Congratulations OP! Refurbs are really an amazing deal. I dont see one reason why one wouldnt buy a refurb. Too bad they arent available in my country.

Anyways, definitely install BetterTouchTool, makes your trackpad SO MUCH MORE useful. Also, GeekTools if you are into customizing your desktop and whatnot. Stay away from programs like MacKeeper. Get Plex for all your media needs. Hope those help :)

eric/
Mar 10, 2012, 10:22 PM
gratz

I think the best thing to do is to get yourself integrated with iCloud, if you aren't already.

GGJstudios
Mar 11, 2012, 09:47 PM
Does anyone have some advice as to some setup/settings changes I should do maybe to enhance my experience or speed etc.
Performance Tips For Mac OS X (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=13817005&postcount=2)

Horsegoer
Mar 13, 2012, 06:34 PM
I am curious too, what's the word on refurb? If it's an Apple product, it's an Apple product. I don't see how quality will be subdued.

Congrats! Why didn't she want you to go refurb?

She was just leery despite all the positive feedback.....oh well. I must say the pic quality is amazing and the internet seems faster:confused: or am I crazy?

----------

Congratulations OP! Refurbs are really an amazing deal. I dont see one reason why one wouldnt buy a refurb. Too bad they arent available in my country.

Anyways, definitely install BetterTouchTool, makes your trackpad SO MUCH MORE useful. Also, GeekTools if you are into customizing your desktop and whatnot. Stay away from programs like MacKeeper. Get Plex for all your media needs. Hope those help :)

Thanks!!!!

----------

Performance Tips For Mac OS X (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=13817005&postcount=2)

Thanks.