Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Quite possibly the worst kept secret in F1 :p especially considering the mud slinging going on between Williams and Munich the past few weeks.

Rinky dink link

Thoughts?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Firstly, for BMW's sake, I hope it doesn't go the same way as Jaguar.

Secondly, I can see Williams being especially nice to Renault over the next few months.

I don't know, if Cosworth can keep coming on strong, I wouldn't mind seeing Williams Cosworth again.
So let's see, Honda buys BAR (or will eventually)
BMW buys Sauber
So next we have... Mercedes buying Jordan? or maybe just buying McLaren outright? Surely they don't want to outdone by their archenemy from Munich.

This should also increase BMW's stake in the GPWC which, after Indy, might actually become a reality.

JupiterTwo

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2003
GB
I think it's a good thing really. BMW have always been impatient, but with the power struggle between them and Williams, it was going to be difficult to work out. This way they can invest all they like, and help pull another team up to the higher levels.

As for Williams - not sure about Renault giving them engines. I'd be more inclinded to think of them talking to Honda. BAR have been all over the place this year, so giving an engine deal to Williams might be in Honda's mind to kick start BAR again. (Don't Honda own most of BAR now?)

Then, there's always the VW/Audi group to chase for involvment :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.