PDA

View Full Version : I just might cry...PM order nightmare

JasonL
Jun 22, 2005, 09:24 AM
So, a couple of weeks ago I ordered a SP PM, which I later cancelled due to an email stating that it would ship a couple weeks later than anticipated. That model was discontinued the same day I got the email I think.

I then went on to order a refurb rev. B dual 2.0 immediately after cancelling the PM SP order. Later that day I got an email that the PM SP had shipped (same day that I gotten the email saying it would be 2 weeks). Fine, I called to make sure that I could still return it, which turned out to be no problem. Cool.

So today I both of the PM arrive. The SP system I put aside with the return label that I have already printed up.

At this point I very excitedly unpack my new (to me anyway, though it looks brand new) PM and hook it up. Nothing. Won't power up. Great.

I call customer service who connects me with tech support....which repeatedly disconnects me. Can't get through to anyone. Call customer service back, the woman on the line is very apologetic and promises to get me someone on the line. Been on hold for a very long time now...

So, anyway, I now have 2 PowerMacs on my credit card that need to be returned. Who knows if/when another rev. B 2.0 will be availalbe, they seem to be few and far between at the AppleStore online.

Grr...

FFTT
Jun 22, 2005, 09:58 AM
Your situation is quite rare.

Most refurbs are very well tested before shipping.

I would ask AppleCare if they would not only pre-pay for the returns
but also authorise you to pick up a Rev B 2.0 at a reseller New in Box
for $1699. OR if they would allow you to pick up a working demo at your nearest Apple Store.

Really sorry you're having such a rough go of it.

I'm sure it will all work out in your favor.

cubist
Jun 22, 2005, 10:41 AM
I don't know if you're a techie, but on the non-working dual, open the side and very carefully press on the video card and RAM. Look for loose cables or anything else loose. My guess is it was jarred during shipping. If you have a nearby Apple Store, take it in there.