Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cingular

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
I placed an order for one on Thursday and it was shipped on Friday. Not really sure about the quality but can't go wrong for 4 bucks.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I ordered mine on Thursday and received it yesterday.

It comes in a cardboard tube with spray, squeegee, and cleaning cloth. I can't speak on the quality yet since I don't have the iPad yet.

wtiger91

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2011
thanks! I checked the ratings for other screen protectors made by this company and the ratings are pretty good, 4/5 star.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
So has anybody got one and installed it, are they that bad?

I installed it on two iPads. Doesn't affect quality at all. There's not much resistance when swiping either. Install was simple. I installed it on both iPads successfully without any debris getting caught under the protector in one attempt. It's a wet install so initially the screen will look like crap until it dries. You can use a hair dryer to speed up the process or you can just let it air dry. But after it dries, the clarity is amazing! The only drawback is it's cut maybe 3 mm short at the top of the iPad. It doesn't bother me at all though and I'm planning on keeping it on for the life of the iPad. If it does get damaged, I have 3 more on standby :D.

Cingular

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
Installed mine as well and it looks pretty good. I bought two and the first one got ruined trying to install it. Mine also did not cover the whole screen, it left a tiny portion of the bottom not covered. Also no orange peel texture that you get from an InvisibleShield. Cant complain for $5, thinking of ordering one more even though they come with lifetime warranty

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Thanks for the feedback folks.

I'm thinking of going for the whole body skin, so overall is it pretty thin and not huge and thick like some? I always like to cover the back so 12 bucks beats paying nearly 20 with Zagg and BSE, would you guys say they are on par with those (if you ever tried them or better yet even better quality than those brands)?

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Got mine installed also, no problem with the install. Like others said it's cut a few mm short. look pretty smooth and no orange peel but you lose some clarity. If you look closely it have like some fine grain under the protector maybe from the glue. I already order some other regular protector,not the wet install ones. Waiting for it to come so I can take this one off.

I have all the other brands, hate the Zagg. Bodyguardz and BSE are more clear than this one but have some orange peel.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the feedback folks.

I'm thinking of going for the whole body skin, so overall is it pretty thin and not huge and thick like some? I always like to cover the back so 12 bucks beats paying nearly 20 with Zagg and BSE, would you guys say they are on par with those (if you ever tried them or better yet even better quality than those brands)?

It's thinner and less rubbery than those.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Got mine installed also, no problem with the install. Like others said it's cut a few mm short. look pretty smooth and no orange peel but you lose some clarity. If you look closely it have like some fine grain under the protector maybe from the glue. I already order some other regular protector,not the wet install ones. Waiting for it to come so I can take this one off.

I have all the other brands, hate the Zagg. Bodyguardz and BSE are more clear than this one but have some orange peel.

If those other brands are clearer than this one wouldn't that mean they have less orange peel? All in all guess you can't complain for the price.

----------

It's thinner and less rubbery than those.

right on

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
If those other brands are clearer than this one wouldn't that mean they have less orange peel? All in all guess you can't complain for the price.

Not so, I have a BSE on my iphone right now,doesn't affect the clarity at all but lots of orange peel.
The Skinomi is very good for the price but like I said it does affect the clarity a little. It does have fine grain look to it. Try it you'll see what I mean. If you don't mind spending the money I would suggest the PowerSupport's protector or the like. I think it's a lot better and doesn't affect the clarity of the ipad's retina display.

oc949

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2012
I'm an old customer (Nexus One, iPods(2), iPhone 4 (2), iPad 1, 2, and 3 all with Skinomi screens without any complaints. With the iPad 2, I removed it 3 times due to backlight and still looks like new.

brooklyn360

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010

why you hate the Zagg, i had the invisible shield for my ipad 1 and i thought it was very good

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.