Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jack1123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
So much like many of you who are buying your first iPad, or upgrading from the original, I've been researching cases trying to find what will best meet my needs. Unfortunately, after a lot of research, i haven't found anything quite right, so i thought id turn to you guys to see if you know of anything which meets what I'm looking for. Heres the specs id like -

1) Front and back protection.

2) A smart cover-esque front protection. It doesn't necessary have to be exactly like the smart cover, but that type of style

3) Back protection shell, but must be some kind of soft material on the side which touches the iPad (unlike the marware microshell folio which is plastic on both sides)

4) Three height settings would be ideal (similar to the marware)

5) Thin. I don't want anything bulky. A nice sleek case

6) Comfortable to hold

Any help would be great! Thanks

oliboli

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2007
Honestly, everything that you're asking for - plus a sleek form factor - is a tall order. I'm on the prowl for the same. Whoever makes this magical case will get my money! For now I took advantage of Maroo's sale and ordered a Moko.

Lunchb0x8

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Quirindi, NSW, AU
The STM Skinny is all of that, except the three angle/height option.

Does allow for viewing and typing modes, and does support the magnetic sleep/wake.

Plenty of threads pointing at this as the best option.

jack1123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Maybe I need to take a closer look at the STM.

I don't think the list of specs is unreasonable, and is probably a list that would meet the wants of a lot of iPad owners. Surprised theres not a case out there to meet it all yet

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.