Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tstarks33

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
You'd be surprised at how much things sell for on craigslist. The markup isn't that crazy, really. I sold a 32 gig wifi last year during the ipad 2 craze for $900.

Rideherhard

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
I really can't believe people pay this much more for something they can have for about half the price if they wait 2 weeks...

Rideherhard

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
What's worse is that on ebay their selling refurbish iPads 2 16gb wifi models for $525CDN when Apple sells them for $369CDN or new for $419CDN.

Storrow

macrumors regular
May 25, 2006
I also have a 3rd gen (32 gig wifi) on craigslist right now, but I just wrote give me an offer.

Have had zero offers so far

maximus96

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
why post so early on craigslist? the people that respond now will probably flake on you by friday morning as more people dump theirs for sale...

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
You'd be surprised at how much things sell for on craigslist. The markup isn't that crazy, really. I sold a 32 gig wifi last year during the ipad 2 craze for $900.

For that price, I'll be willing to sell my new 32 GB en route. :p

tstarks33

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
For that price, I'll be willing to sell my new 32 GB en route. :p

It's the truth... I plan on keeping my ipad but if they are selling for $300 above cost, then I'm willing to sell it and wait 3 weeks to get a new one. I can't just ignore $300!

rgr555

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
I really can't believe people pay this much more for something they can have for about half the price if they wait 2 weeks...

If you live in a $4 million apartment in China/HK/etc. that doesn't really matter

----------

I also have a 3rd gen (32 gig wifi) on craigslist right now, but I just wrote give me an offer.

Have had zero offers so far

keep us posted

preston181

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Craig's List is mostly full of mouth-breathers, especially when it comes to overpriced tech items. But, what's worse, is that the person will probably sell it.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
It's the truth... I plan on keeping my ipad but if they are selling for $300 above cost, then I'm willing to sell it and wait 3 weeks to get a new one. I can't just ignore $300!

especially when I still have my iPad 1 & 2. I wouldn't mind upgrading to new 64 GB + 4G.

preston181

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012

badpinoy

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2007
The eBay guy already has 6 bids, with a high bid of $650, for a 16GB model, really?!

the thing that sucks about ebay is the paypal fees AND shipping. i just posted my white iPad 64 gig LTE - Verizon on craislist for $1500. Let's us see how many people will bite.

EIGHTYTHREE

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2012
I plan on selling my 2nd one I bought. Originally it was for my wife but she's content of keeping her iPad 2. So Im gonna sell it, but if the money isn't right, I'll just return it for a full refund. Both mine are being shipped FEDEX so since I work for them, I will more than like have access to it early. Im gonna post it on CL a day early that I have iPad 3 in-hand and see who wants it early for $$$, if not I will just return it.....But i have a feeling once my wife sees mine, she is gonna wanna keep her new one after all...Stay tuned!

P.S.: OP, $850 is a realistic price he will prob get for that 16GB. Some people have enough money to where they don't care about over paying on prices. Im not saying its the smartest thing but if you have the cash it doesn't matter. For the last 12 years i have been paying $500-$750 for unlocked smartphones, so to me its not unrealistic for an iPad for$850...You should see how much unlocked iPhones go for when they 1st are announced. A 16GB new iPad will sell for $850, of course thats contingent on selling at the right time. The best thing about america is its a free market and the market will determine the price. No one is putting a gun to any buyers head forcing them to pay premium.

Last edited:

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
I'm probably going to wait a month or more for mine, but there's just a tinge of a craving to go out and try to buy one at the Apple store on Friday for the chance that I could make $100 or more through Craigslist. It's just that it would make me feel… gross, and waiting in line for an iPad that I have it in mind to scalp would feel awfully hollow.

But kudos (and eww) to the people who can do that and feel okay about it!

murdercitydevil

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
california
I'm probably going to wait a month or more for mine, but there's just a tinge of a craving to go out and try to buy one at the Apple store on Friday for the chance that I could make $100 or more through Craigslist. It's just that it would make me feel… gross, and waiting in line for an iPad that I have it in mind to scalp would feel awfully hollow.

But kudos (and eww) to the people who can do that and feel okay about it!

I like you. You're one of the good ones. And nice sig.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.