PDA

View Full Version : FS: Airport Extreme card

maelstromr
Jun 22, 2005, 08:58 PM
I have an airport extreme card, just the card by itself that I was using in an old tower and then pulled as I no longer needed wireless. In perfect working order, $60 shipped in US. Email me at sragosta@gmail.com

wnameth
Jun 23, 2005, 09:33 AM
Since you said it was pulled from an old tower, are you sure it's not a airport card (no extreme) they were made for the older towers such as the blue and white and the digital audio.

dsharits
Jun 23, 2005, 10:02 AM
Since you said it was pulled from an old tower, are you sure it's not a airport card (no extreme) they were made for the older towers such as the blue and white and the digital audio.
Actually, the original AirPort Cards were not supported by the B&W's. The first Power Macs to support Airport cards were the Sawtooth (AGP Graphics) G4's, and the 802.11b cards were supported all the way up to the first revision MDD G4's. AirPort Extreme was introduced in the FW800 MDD's.

maelstromr
Jun 23, 2005, 10:54 AM
Actually, the original AirPort Cards were not supported by the B&W's. The first Power Macs to support Airport cards were the Sawtooth (AGP Graphics) G4's, and the 802.11b cards were supported all the way up to the first revision MDD G4's. AirPort Extreme was introduced in the FW800 MDD's.

Good question, and the second poster was correct. I pulled this from a G4 FW800 model...pulled may have been a little misleading as I actually bought the coard and installed it as well, it did not come WITH the FW800, if that matters.

cluejos
Jun 23, 2005, 12:08 PM
Ill give you 50 shipped

maelstromr
Jun 23, 2005, 12:37 PM
Ill give you 50 shipped

Sent you an email.

maelstromr
Jun 26, 2005, 12:21 PM
Ok this guy finally got back to me and suddenly wanted to lowball for 30 shipped. I can do 50 shipped, minimum. Any takers?

drison
Jun 26, 2005, 12:24 PM
Ok this guy finally got back to me and suddenly wanted to lowball for 30 shipped. I can do 50 shipped, minimum. Any takers?

I'll take it. PM me your paypal id.
-Dave

rickvanr
Jun 26, 2005, 12:58 PM
I too am interested.

Firstly;
Yes it is an Airport Extreme Card, or just standard an airport card?

Let me know and I'll send the money.

cluejos
Jun 26, 2005, 01:45 PM
hey i decided i dont really need it that bad. Im fine with you selling it to someone else. Like I said I dont really need it and it sells on ebay for 40 - 50 so i can get it anytime for that price.

Ryan T.
Jun 26, 2005, 02:20 PM
hey i decided i dont really need it that bad. Im fine with you selling it to someone else. Like I said I dont really need it and it sells on ebay for 40 - 50 so i can get it anytime for that price.
shipping on those is ridiculous thought. 50 shipped is a good price.

liquidh2o
Jun 26, 2005, 06:26 PM

yes, shipping is usually jacked up to compensate for the lower price. Not to mention you said you'd buy it for $50 then try to lowball him in private, talk about a load of BS.

ITASOR
Jun 26, 2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah 50 shipped is great for either B or G airport card. Man I wish I had a laptop that needed this.

ekenny
Jun 26, 2005, 08:42 PM
Will that work in an iBook G3 dual usb? If so ill take it for $50 shipped.

dsharits
Jun 26, 2005, 08:45 PM
Will that work in an iBook G3 dual usb? If so ill take it for $50 shipped.
Negative. Only the iBook G4's support AirPort Extreme.

maelstromr
Jun 26, 2005, 09:52 PM
I'll take it. PM me your paypal id.
-Dave

Thanks to everyone for the replies...I have to go with Dave first on order of appearance. I appreciate the responses.

Seth

cluejos
Jun 26, 2005, 10:58 PM
Hey I changed my mind. Last time I checked this was a free country. Its not like im begging him to sell it to me again. If he gets 50 for it good for him. But I never got his email and after thinking about it I decided I dont need it right now (for 50 dollars atleast)

drison
Jun 27, 2005, 06:32 AM
Hey I changed my mind. Last time I checked this was a free country. Its not like im begging him to sell it to me again. If he gets 50 for it good for him. But I never got his email and after thinking about it I decided I dont need it right now (for 50 dollars atleast)

He just did. SOLD to me. :D
-Dave

drison
Jul 2, 2005, 07:57 PM
Received it and couldn't be happier. Thanks Seth!
-Dave