Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
I bought my first movie via iTunes using my iMac. It was "Tin Tin" in HD and the movie downloaded just fine to my computer. I am also able to go on my Apple TV2 and stream it under the "purchased" tab. However, I was wondering if there was a way to stream it on my iPad?

I can find the movie under "purchased" on my iPad and it shows the iCloud icon However, it's a very large file (almost 4GB) and I'd prefer to just stream it like I can do on the Apple TV. Is it not possible to do this on the iPad?

LaWally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2012
I'm suspecting you are asking this question because the only option iCloud gives you is "download"?

iCloud does not offer streaming services to iOS devices. Your only option is download and play.

I've seen recent articles suggesting that Apple is working towards movie streaming to IOS devices, but they are not there yet.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Yes, thank you. I just thought it was strange that I was able to stream my purchased movie via my Apple TV but not my iPad, even though I bought it on my iMac. Hmmm, can I stream the movie via Home Sharing if the movie resides on my iMac and my iPad is on my wifi network?

EmpyreanUK

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2011
Yes, you can :) In the Video app, the top item in the list of videos should say 'Shared'. Tap this, and you'll be presented with a list of video sources. Tap your iTunes library and your iPad should display a list of films, music videos, TV programmes and the like that you can then stream to your iPad.

rambof07

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2012
Ya, it's great to watch movies online but i like to use it on my led tv. It's amazing experience for me when i am watching movies at home. It's really comfortable for me with lot of option whether we are talking about choice or timing. It works great on all criteria. Recently i have seen couple of good movies which i would like to share with all of you guys. If i say my favorite then it would be the comedy movie and it is American Pie unbeatable entertainment. So i have decide to watch it's all other parts for my continuously comedy movie love journey. Hope you all will join me in this journey to get the entertainment house pack. Here is some list below of good movies................

1. 12 Angry Men
2. Schindler's List
3. Casablanca
4. Rear Window
5. Toy Story 3
6. Modern Times
7. Amélie
8. It's a Wonderful Life
9. Toy Story 3
10. Halloween

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.