Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppcg4mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2012
Northwest Kansas
I decided that i was creating way to many threads, so ill just keep using this one.

#1 Does anyone know any good utilities (i have onyx and mactracker) for maintaining my old (keeping it till the drive dies) OS? Any classic ones would help too (9.2.2)

ppcg4mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2012
Northwest Kansas
Emac+G4+Ethernet Cable=problem

i cant seem to get any of my eMacs running 10.2.8 to connect to my G4 running 10.4.11. it has done it before, but now i can only connect TO the emac from the G4, not the way i want. i have used 3 cables, and cannot find the solution. I need to transfer some stuff to the emacs before i sell them.

ppcg4mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2012
Northwest Kansas
New Issues

iHave recently taken 2 of the working ones apart, i have discovered that the one i made my primary machine was freezing all the time, why would this be, ad how could it be alleviated/ fixed. The problem mostly ocured when i was grobbing a file off my classic desktop or opening a classic app. The classic part of my mac is pristene. in single user mode i have fsck'ed the hd about 3 times, repaired and verified with disk utility from root user, and have put it in my G4 and ran Techtool on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.