Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Noeld

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2006
Notes Plus by a long shot. Handwriting recognition. Splitter bar that allows you to go back and forth and copy from pdf or webpage to your notes.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
I've been using Noteshelf for as long as I can remember but have started to try Remarks. It shows promise but has a long way to go yet.

MortalDays

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2010
So much good apps, so hard to choose! It would be nice to have my iPad 3 delivered sooner... :rolleyes: I will vote when I get it!

Oh, and I submitted the above apps to the mods to add to the poll. :)

w00tini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
Evernote... my life is in that app, across all devices, and platforms. I even share it with my team. amazing app

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
I think your poll is missing by far the best alternative, which IMO is Notability, especially for hand writing.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I've been using SmartNote. I have multiple "notebooks" for work, personal, charity, etc.

I find it easy to use and can easily switch between text/typing mode, and use of finger/stylus mode. I cannot remember if it was free or not. It was one of the first apps I have tried, liked, and stuck with.

I also have Evernote, Notes Plus, PaperDesk, and Moleskin. I may have to revisit these apps to see if any of them have improved since I first tried them out.

What I would REALLY love to find is a great Contact Management app. One that doesn't integrate with Contacts since I would ONLY want business related people in the app.

MelodyMarch03

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Very new to this topic but so far I am liking notability the best, because of the easy to understand auto advance! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.