PDA

View Full Version : Inserting Sounds into Microphone

jnoxx
Mar 14, 2012, 07:19 AM
Hey guys,

I had another topic about running an app in the background while calling. But I had a follow up question which never got answered, which is more a programming wise question, here is a quote

is it possible to for example insert a sound like "wait 10 more seconds please", directly into the microphone input? or do you have to do it over the speakers, and then the mic picks it up due to the sound (which results in not that good audio quality).

Really hope anyone has an answer to this (just no/yes, and if yes, an more in dept answer would be cool).
I have googled around, but not really found what I was interested, only external microphones came up etc.. Not what I was looking for.

Greetings, Thijs

PS: so shortly explained, when on the phone, open up an app, and insert some audio files straight into the microphone channel.
Thanks

amorya
Mar 16, 2012, 06:40 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't do this… Apple don't tend to like apps interacting with calls that are on the go.

jnoxx
Mar 17, 2012, 05:43 PM
Yer, so far, that's my only conclusion to my findings.
I thought I would switch to Android for this idea, but I even found out it's not possible over there. daaamn ;)