Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nyalotha

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2011
I've tried doing research into this myself, does Tweetbot just offer a slightly different ui? Is it easier to go way back, like days with tweetbot?

What are some of the advantages? Even a link to a site would help me out. Since I just use the main twitter client daily.

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
I think a lot of the twitter apps are the same underneath with just different skins. Personally I do use tweetbot because of a recommendation. having only ever tried the stock twitter app I can't really do a big comparison, although I do like the way it allows me to have several accounts and easily swap between them

there are quite a few comparison sites though, google one and have a read as some features might be important to you, whereas others might not be

qtaran111

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
I use Tweetbot and love it. Best Twitter app IMO.

To answer your questions:

- Yes, Tweetbot has its own UI. It's familiar to anyone who's used a twitter app, but has some really nice UI features (customizable tab bar, smart gestures, conversation & reply views etc)

- Is it easier to go way back? No, you need to scroll

Advantages:

- Lists: Tweetbot handles lists really well. You can switch your timeline to a list very quickly and easily (one of its best features if you use lists)

- Conversation/Reply view: swipe right to view a conversation thread or swipe left to see replies (again a great feature to follow conversations)

- Fast: For me, Tweetbot is very fast to load new tweets (definitely faster than the Twitter app)

- Smart gestures: Within a tweet, tap the icon to see details of the tweeter, double tap to see details of the tweet, triple tap to reply/favourite (this is customizable) etc. Also you can tap and hold stuff to get options (e.g. tap and hold a url to open in Safari, send to Instapaper, etc)

Probably best to watch the video: http://tapbots.com/software/tweetbot/

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
The app everyone's talking about is "Tweetbot". There is a newer one called, "TweetBot" (capital 'B') that is a poor app and is capitalizing on the Tweetbot name.

[app]TweetBot[/app]

omegac

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2009
Guys, im using Tweetbot on iPad, is there anyway to see if a tweet has replies without swiping left? I can't see any indicator without swiping on every single tweet.

Tia

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.