PDA

View Full Version : Best Keyboard Cases for new iPad

NavySEAL6
Mar 14, 2012, 12:55 PM
I was wondering what keyboard cases people have been looking into and why. Right now I'm interested in the Zaggfolio because it has a removable keyboard. There are so many options what other alternatives may be better?

Lenow
Mar 14, 2012, 01:19 PM
I ordered the zaggfolio in alligator leather based upon reviews of the older version and the variety of colors. I am waiting for adonit to indicate if the writer plus will work with the new iPad and wil likely order that to compare. I would love to hear from others who have used either.

jackwins
Mar 14, 2012, 01:56 PM
I can confirm that the Zaggfolio "***** Rocks" :D

I used it with my iPad2 and it was great!!! The keyboard is great quality. I have large hands so I had to get used to the keys being a little more crammed together. But it was a quick transition. The folio I had was the fake carbon fiber stuff. Yesterday I ordered the black leather. Have to wait until the end of the month for it to come in.

OneMike
Mar 14, 2012, 02:00 PM
That Zaggfolio looks the best IMO. I'm trying to decide on carbon / white keyboard or leather and white keyboard.

chilady1
Mar 14, 2012, 02:01 PM
I am rocking the Origami iPad workstation and I have to tell you - I absolutely love it. I use my iPad constantly at work for meetings and although I was able to get a lot of notes down via the virtual keyboard, it really isn't the same as typing on a physical keyboard.

I recently acquired an Apple Wireless keyboard, love the size as it can travel with me. The Origami Workstation is really a cover for the Apple keyboard which unfolds and via velcro allows you to create a stand for your iPad. I might add that this stand is quite sturdy. When I am done using the keyboard, I unfold the stand, close the cover and voila done, keyboard ready for transport.

I did have an all in one keyboard/ipad case but the keys on most of those are very small. I have medium size hands but still found it difficult to type of the keyboards and originally I thought it would be a pain to carry (1)iPad and (2)keyboard, but I am finding this solution to fit my needs quite nicely. Good Luck with your search.

wirelessness
Mar 14, 2012, 03:29 PM
I ordered and already received my Zagg Folio for the new iPad. Can't wait till Friday. I've only seen one other keyboard case in person and I think it was by Kensington which I did not like very much.

OneMike
Mar 14, 2012, 03:31 PM
The Origami iPad workstation is pretty cool, but you still need something separate for the iPad to protect / carry. Looking for a combined case.

I ordered and already received my Zagg Folio for the new iPad. Can't wait till Friday. I've only seen one other keyboard case in person and I think it was by Kensington which I did not like very much.

Same. I think it was the Kensigton I saw at walmart or Target and it wasn't appealing at all. I'm trying to hold out for a white keyboard zaggfolio. Too bad not avail till end of month.

NavySEAL6
Mar 14, 2012, 06:51 PM
Can people comment on the overall quality of the zaggfolio I'm terms of the keyboard, case look and feel etc. Is the case nice with the keyboard removed? Right now I can get one of these, or for the same price, get a Kensington model and a separate case via amazon.

spectre51
Mar 14, 2012, 06:55 PM
Anyone used the clamcase? What are your thoughts about it? I was thinking of getting one for the new iPad.

TC25
Mar 14, 2012, 07:04 PM
Anyone used the clamcase? What are your thoughts about it? I was thinking of getting one for the new iPad.

If you don't mind more than doubling the weight of the iPad, go for it.

scirica
Mar 17, 2012, 11:38 AM
If you don't mind more than doubling the weight of the iPad, go for it.

I was wondering about this myself. It looks like a great design but very bulky. I'm typing on a Zaggfolio keyboard right now (on my iPad 2) and it is great quality.