PDA

View Full Version : Macworld Review says iPad 2 Cases fit

ReallyBigFeet
Mar 14, 2012, 08:43 PM
I was one of those who remained dubious that iPad 2 back covers would fit, but according to the Macworld review, they tried several, and they seem to fit just fine.

The 2011 and 2012 iPad vintages are so alike, in fact, that they can use the same Smart Covers. And all but the most exacting iPad 2 cases will probably work on the third-generation model. I tried the new iPad with a few assorted iPad 2 cases hanging around our offices and it fit in all of them just fine.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1165849/review_the_third_generation_ipad.html

Lets hope my old Incase Mag Snap works...loved that thing!

TexasChemE
Mar 14, 2012, 08:49 PM
I was one of those who remained dubious that iPad 2 back covers would fit, but according to the Macworld review, they tried several, and they seem to fit just fine.

The 2011 and 2012 iPad vintages are so alike, in fact, that they can use the same Smart Covers. And all but the most exacting iPad 2 cases will probably work on the third-generation model. I tried the new iPad with a few assorted iPad 2 cases hanging around our offices and it fit in all of them just fine.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1165849/review_the_third_generation_ipad.html

Lets hope my old Incase Mag Snap works...loved that thing!

Great. How do you like your Incase Mag Snap case?

ReallyBigFeet
Mar 14, 2012, 08:58 PM
My fave case of all the iPad 2 versions I've purchased...and I had ones from Incipio, Yoobao, Targus, etc.

I love how it holds the SmartCover flat against the back for one-handed use, and really like the additional angled posture it holds the iPad in for use with a stylus while taking notes.

My only complaint is that I wish they had incorporated a SmartCover retention clip like some of their competitors have. But if my iPad 2 version will work (remains to be seen), I'd us it until a new, improved version was released.

snarestud940
Mar 14, 2012, 09:01 PM
My fave case of all the iPad 2 versions I've purchased...and I had ones from Incipio, Yoobao, Targus, etc.

I love how it holds the SmartCover flat against the back for one-handed use, and really like the additional angled posture it holds the iPad in for use with a stylus while taking notes.

My only complaint is that I wish they had incorporated a SmartCover retention clip like some of their competitors have. But if my iPad 2 version will work (remains to be seen), I'd us it until a new, improved version was released.

Does the incase magsnap case fit the iPad 3????

ReallyBigFeet
Mar 14, 2012, 09:11 PM
Does the incase magsnap case fit the iPad 3????

But if my iPad 2 version will work (remains to be seen)

:rolleyes:

snarestud940
Mar 14, 2012, 09:12 PM
:rolleyes:

Thanks my bad lol. Didn't read that yet lol. When will you know?

ReallyBigFeet
Mar 14, 2012, 09:14 PM
Same time as everyone else...this Friday as soon as the Fedex truck rolls by my office.

snarestud940
Mar 14, 2012, 09:15 PM
Same time as everyone else...this Friday as soon as the Fedex truck rolls by my office.

Thanks... Please post asap! :)

batotman
Mar 14, 2012, 11:28 PM
Just looking at the old Incipio NGP for the iPad 2 and the new one, dimensions are identical.

ReallyBigFeet
Mar 16, 2012, 01:15 PM
Too bad....the Mag Snap for the iPad 2 doesn't fit the iPad 3. Just too form fitting, which is a testament to the quality control efforts of Incase I suppose. I tried but actually broke a corner of the Mag Snap when trying to force it.

I'll be shucking my iPad 3rd Gen into an ugly old Yoobao until something comes along that I do like.

kjnicoletti
Mar 16, 2012, 04:05 PM
I just tried the Incase Snap Case on "the new iPad" (worst name ever!)

I was able to get it to snap on, but it was slightly bowed out in the middle. You can make it work, but I'll be watching for a new Incase snap back cover.

----------

Just looking at the old Incipio NGP for the iPad 2 and the new one, dimensions are identical.

"The New iPad" is 0.6mm thicker than the iPad 2.

The New iPad
Height: 9.50 inches (241.2 mm)
Width: 7.31 inches (185.7 mm)
Depth: 0.37 inch (9.4 mm)
Weight: 1.44 pounds (652 g)

iPad 2
Height: 9.50 inches (241.2 mm)
Width: 7.31 inches (185.7 mm)
Depth: 0.34 inch (8.8 mm)
Weight: 1.35 pounds (613 g)

Source:
http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

batotman
Mar 17, 2012, 12:08 AM
I just tried the Incase Snap Case on "the new iPad" (worst name ever!)

I was able to get it to snap on, but it was slightly bowed out in the middle. You can make it work, but I'll be watching for a new Incase snap back cover.

----------

"The New iPad" is 0.6mm thicker than the iPad 2.

Source:
http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

Well, yeah everyone knows that. The case dimensions are identical on their site.