Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
I have been sick for a couple of days, so I wanted to rent some movies. I am finding a lot of sequels, but not many of the first movie like Pirates of the Caribbean. So I thought I would get ready for the release of The Avengers, but all I can watch is 2 hulks and Captain America. No Thor, or Iron Man. Next I wanted to watch Green Lantern, but it is in French, and no Green Hornet either. I am wondering where all these movies would have went, when they were on a couple of months ago.

Anyone else finding movies they can not find to rent?

jmantn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Tn
I was checking this out the other day while deciding to ditch my satellite service and noticed a lot of movies that couldn't be rented. I'm assuming this has to do with content agreements and licensing.

jmantn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Tn
Not I. It seems normal. have you upgraded to the latest version of the software?

I was checking on my iPad 2 this week and seen some that couldn't be rented for example there was a Resident Evil movie I've yet to see and was bored and it didn't have the option to rent it. I would assume the options would be the same on the Apple TV which I just received today (haven't got home yet to try it out).

powerman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
I was hoping they were just getting them up to 1080p quality and going to have them back on, but it really does not mater if in Canada we will not even have full 1080p movies available.

karllutz

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2008
Movies on 1st Gen Apple TV different than new Apple TV

I have several first gen apple tvs and also a 2nd gen apple tv that was just updated. Why is the selection of movies so different for the two versions? For example, you can buy or rent Tin Tin on the old apple tv and it's not showing at all on the new apple tv. Also, you can buy Tooth Fairy 2 on old atv but can only rent it on the new atv? Seems there are many more movies and options on the old atv than the new....can anyone explain? Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.