Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
I have my PB attached to it charger on my desk. When I use my PB normally it produces the usual amount of heat ( pretty warm on my lap ).

Now, if I put my PB to sleep, either from the apple menu command, or by using the screensaver, it will continue to generate full heat. So if I leave it and comeback 5 hours later, it will be hot??

Why would this be??

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Perhaps in charging the battery (which is constant) and with the cooling fan off the heat buildup is more noticeable.

I really don't know. Sounds defective. Which model do you have and where is most of the heat build up?

:eek: As noted above, check the battery:Apple Battery Recall Page :eek:

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
jbrown said:
I have my PB attached to it charger on my desk. When I use my PB normally it produces the usual amount of heat ( pretty warm on my lap ). Now, if I put my PB to sleep, either from the apple menu command, or by using the screensaver, it will continue to generate full heat. So if I leave it and comeback 5 hours later, it will be hot?? Why would this be??

Don't know for certain, but you should check and verify this concerning deficient battery and replacement first thing, if you haven't already.
https://depot.info.apple.com/batteryexchange/index.html?lang=en
X

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.