Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

webwesen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2005
US
sorry, new to the whole Mac scene - though very enthusiastic...

is PowerBook 12-inch 1.5GHz SuperDrive - Apple Certified for $1499 a good deal?

Refurbished
512MB DDR333 SDRAM
80GB Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 (64MB DDR)
AirPort Extreme
Bluetooth 2.0 + Enhanced Data Rates

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Yes, it's a good deal. Basically, the same price a student discount would get you. But if you're a student, you can do better right now.

$1499 - $100 rebate (spring promo) = $1399

phull

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2005
Just bought the 12" Pb with the student discount and 100 rebate. This means the update should be on Tuesday, you're welcome everyone!

webwesen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2005
US
rebate rules:
Order and take possession of qualifying product from May 2, 2005, through June 25, 2005. Products ordered but not shipped prior to the end date of the offer do not qualify for a rebate.

it means it is too late already... right?

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
webwesen said:
rebate rules:
Order and take possession of qualifying product from May 2, 2005, through June 25, 2005. Products ordered but not shipped prior to the end date of the offer do not qualify for a rebate.

No. If you are eligible for this promotion, it means you are a student (this rebate is only for edu people as far as I know). If that's the case, you can walk into any Apple store and walk out with one for the mentioned price.

phull

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2005
webwesen said:
rebate rules:

As long as it ships by the 25th I think your ok because you have 30 days after you receive it to send in the rebate. It says "take possession" on the rebate but I don't know how they would enforce that when it varies on how long it takes to ship to different places.

guylafleur

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2004
Tokyo, Japan
Just bought a refurbished PB

After lots of humming and hawing about the ibook not coming out, I bit the bullet and bought an Apple certified PB(base model) w/ combo drive, Tiger, Ilife`05 for about 1300$. I live in Japan, so the pricing is different, but it works out to about 250-300$ off the original price. It should arrive today, so needles to say, I`m rather excited. :eek:

Good deal, or not? :eek:

Is Apple Certified ok, or have I just bought myself a lemon? :rolleyes:

I realize it`s too late to be asking such silly Q`s but I`d just like to hear from other "refurbished" people out there.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
webwesen said:
rebate rules:

Keep in mind also that the rebate doesn't apply to Apple Certified units.

tuartboy

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
phull said:
As long as it ships by the 25th I think your ok because you have 30 days after you receive it to send in the rebate. It says "take possession" on the rebate but I don't know how they would enforce that when it varies on how long it takes to ship to different places.
It also says in the terms here that "Products ordered but not shipped prior to the end date of the offer do not qualify for the rebate. It's too late... now

With 1 business day turnaround, you needed to have ordered yesterday at least and a few days back for bto. And that's if you ignore the "take possesion part."

IMO, the spring offer is over.

Wait for the back to school deal coming up (ipod and powerbook again maybe?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.