PDA

View Full Version : Word Document Banner

HeadGear
Mar 15, 2012, 01:52 PM
I'm working on building a template that I can use for all of the articles I write and I'm stuck on how to create a banner at the top using Word 2011 for Mac. Can anyone offer any guidance on how to go about setting this up? If I need to use Pages just let me know I have that as well I just never use it.

citizenzen
Mar 15, 2012, 07:47 PM
I'm working on building a template that I can use for all of the articles I write and I'm stuck on how to create a banner at the top using Word 2011 for Mac. Can anyone offer any guidance on how to go about setting this up? If I need to use Pages just let me know I have that as well I just never use it.

What kind of banner?

Is it a photo or pixel-based graphic?

Or is it vector based?

What content do you want to put in this banner?

DankNugz
Mar 15, 2012, 10:12 PM
Usually people/companies put banners on their sites/blogs instead of in every single written article.

HeadGear
Mar 16, 2012, 08:42 AM
It's a photo and at the top (i guess header?) of each page in a Word document. Then our copyright is at the footer. For some reason my image only shows 10% of the bottom of the picture when I put it in the header, not sure how to do this correctly.

nelmat
Mar 16, 2012, 01:57 PM
Double click in the header area. Insert picture from file. Double click the picture to bring up image options in the top tool bar. From the alignment options, select 'more options' or whatever it's labelled.

Make sure the image is set to appear 'behind text' and not to move with text. Align it top and center to the page using the various pulldown options.

Then resize and position the image manually until yr happy, double click out of the header area and yr done.

Better still, use pages, it's soooooo much easier.

Hope that helps!