Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
i cant stand to see the peecee world still hanging on to ridiculously obsolete tech. there are SO many other things that the space provided for a parallel port can be used for.

this does seem to be a pretty sweet laptop...i just wonder how it is on durability, battery life, and heat generation. Also, don't forget its over 1lb heavier than the PowerBook. In laptop terms thats alot of weight.

overall its pretty nice...it just doesnt run OS X. the only real use I could get out of it would be to run Linux on it.

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Jesus, I mean someone already posted this! it's right in this same category as well, yet you and another person decided to post the same info again. do we really need three seperate threads on the same topic?:confused:

Attachments

• _kkyu.gif
    _kkyu.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 197

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i think that the VPR Matrix could be the first real competition to the TiBook. i know that might sould weird, especially because it's a PC, but if someone was looking at getting a TiBook and comparing it with the VPR Matrix they might think that the Matrix is pretty much the same shape (althought not as cool as the TiBook :D) and get it, just because they're already familiar with PC's.

Apple has had the most cool stuff for awhile now, but with PC laptops getting better design, i think that in the future the TiBook will have some competition.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
It seems just okay to me. I'd rather have one of the new AlienWare laptops (in 6 colours) if I needed an x86 laptop computer.

If it's a matter of playing games, why not get something that screams and shocks people when you bring it into a company meeting? Lime Green laptop computers do that, don't they/? :D

funkywhat2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2002
is it made of Titanium?

i'm not so sure that this one will do all that well. The Best BUy's that I've been in generally don't have working VPR machines. Besides, its a total rip off, pc laptop wise. How many PC apps actually take advantage of a wide screen, other than a web browser or a text editor? at least apple can use the wide screen, for things like final cut.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
okay, so it's not that good, but it is the best designed PC laptop out there. and as they get better designed then there will be more competition for the TiBooks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.