PDA

View Full Version : will you be using screen protector?

yourtoys7
Mar 15, 2012, 11:04 PM
Just wondering who will be using screen protector? If I get a white one, than I will not, but if black than anti glare from power support.
will you use one, why or why not?

donnaw
Mar 15, 2012, 11:06 PM
I have a new PS antiglare. I'll put it on and hopefully it won't interfer with the display. I really love my PS antiglare. Not just for the antiglare but for the anti- fingerprint too.

glen e
Mar 15, 2012, 11:09 PM
No...don't care about the glare and have had an ipad1, ipad2 and now the 3 - never scratched one yet. I use a stylus so my screen never gets oily...

LittleRedBird
Mar 16, 2012, 12:17 AM
Yes, a Power Support Crystal film.

asleep
Mar 16, 2012, 12:29 AM
No...don't care about the glare and have had an ipad1, ipad2 and now the 3 - never scratched one yet. I use a stylus so my screen never gets oily...
^This.

Phone: yes; pad: no.

jacob-07
Mar 16, 2012, 12:30 AM
going to give this a shot:

http://www.amazon.com/splash-Masque-Protector-Invisible-Generation/dp/B006P4DI5E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331875769&sr=8-3

number84
Mar 16, 2012, 12:41 AM
i'm going without. you don't really need one for an iPad as you don't shove it in your pockets like a phone.

richpjr
Mar 16, 2012, 12:51 AM
I have always used one on all my smart phones and on my original iPad and on the wife's iPad 2. I have one coming in with the Incipio case I bought but am not sure if I will put it on or not. I always keep it in a case and have never scratched the screen protectors so I may go naked this time around.

number84
Mar 16, 2012, 01:08 AM
^ go for it. the screen is so much nicer to use without a protector.

lique831
Mar 16, 2012, 06:00 AM
Had a launch day iPad 1 and never used a screen protector, but it was always in a case. When I sold it on March 1st, there was not one single scratch on the screen. I'm doing without the screen protector on my new iPad as well.

I did put a screen protector on my iPhone since it's either in my pocket, my bag, and it's on the "move" more than my iPad.

shakeman0
Mar 16, 2012, 06:27 AM
I don't use a screen protectors anymore. I used to but I really enjoy my devices more without them.

oli356
Mar 16, 2012, 07:36 AM
I used one on my iPad 1 and on my iPhone 4S now. One of the biggest factors for the iPad wasn't scratching it, it was fingerprints and reflection.

It's a magnet for both of those! I tried to put 1 of my 2, MediaDevil protectors on this morning, didn't go so well though. Not sure if I'm going to bother with the other.. Cost 15 though so not cheap

yourtoys7
Mar 16, 2012, 07:39 AM
I just got the black iPad3, the anti glare would be more anti finger prints. I'm not worried about scratching but more about the glare/ finger prints.

Menel
Mar 16, 2012, 07:40 AM
Yes. To thwart sun and overhead light glare.

Powersupport seems to be working on a revised AG version... while the iPad 2 one should still work, and I'm tempted as I have amazon credits...

I'm curious what they have coming... I assume they are just going to milk people for changing the print on packaging... but on the off chance there are improvements... the powersupport AG is very very good, but there is still room for more clarity. hmmmm dammit can't decide.

monkeylui
Mar 16, 2012, 07:48 AM
I can't bring myself too. These screens are just to gorgeous, not just the new iPad, but even the iPad 2.

I might read some reviews & see how the anti-glares do. But at this point I'd say no. I haven't use one on my iPad 2 yet, had it since launch, & it's been great.

Snesley Wipes
Mar 16, 2012, 08:51 AM
H to the NO!

onthecouchagain
Mar 16, 2012, 09:22 AM
Naw.

Righteous
Mar 16, 2012, 09:31 AM
I just ordered the Moshi iVisor AG today for iPad3. Some say its the best. We will see.
http://www.moshimonde.com/productDetail.aspx?group=25

JonMPLS
Mar 16, 2012, 09:32 AM
No, I am just careful. I tried a couple, but could just not get a flawless installation. Still on an iPad 1 (until later today) but the screen looks flawless.

boltjames
Mar 16, 2012, 09:59 AM
Just wondering who will be using screen protector? If I get a white one, than I will not, but if black than anti glare from power support.
will you use one, why or why not?

I am NOT using a screen protector and no one else should either. Unless you use your iPad on a construction site, you will never see a scratch on the Corning Gorilla Glass and the thing has an HD Retina display that a piece of Clingwrap ruins.

The only side of the The New iPad that needs protection is the back. Aluminum scratches easily, can't even lay the thing down on a coffee table without back protection.

If you insist on putting on a screen protector, just buy the low-res iPad 2. Otherwise, you're spending money for an HD screen you won't see.

BJ

puckhead193
Mar 16, 2012, 10:35 AM
I plan to. Will the ones that work with the iPad 2 work with the new iPad? What about the back?

marmiteturkey
Mar 16, 2012, 10:36 AM
I am NOT using a screen protector and no one else should either. Unless you use your iPad on a construction site, you will never see a scratch on the Corning Gorilla Glass a
BJ

That is simply not true; I got a couple of scratches on my last iPad for thinking the same thing, and I don't consider myself to be particularly rough on my gadgets. GG is tough; but not scratch proof.

FamiliaPhoto
Mar 16, 2012, 10:46 AM
I've moved away from screen protectors. I don't use them any longer on my iPhones and find them better looking as a result. I had a screen protector on my iPad 1 but will go without on the new iPad.

oli356
Mar 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
I am NOT using a screen protector and no one else should either. Unless you use your iPad on a construction site, you will never see a scratch on the Corning Gorilla Glass and the thing has an HD Retina display that a piece of Clingwrap ruins.

It's not just about scratching though. The glass is so reflective (especially when used outside or for example in my college where there are very big windows) and as far as I remember it just had so many fingerprints..

fullmanfullninj
Mar 16, 2012, 12:12 PM
The screens on Apple devices are way too nice feeling for me to put a screen protector on it!

I use my iPhone daily, multiple hours on end each day, and I don't have a screen protector on it. Not a scratch...and this phone is in my pocket all day.

My iPad will have some sort of smart cover + case, and I don't plan on traveling with it too much anyway :P

iqwertyi
Mar 16, 2012, 02:36 PM
I have a new PS antiglare. I'll put it on and hopefully it won't interfer with the display. I really love my PS antiglare. Not just for the antiglare but for the anti- fingerprint too.

What new PS antiglare skin? I don't see it on their site.

So, is it safe to say that the iPad 2 skins fit the new iPad perfectly?
I'm about to order mine.

(where do they sell them locally? I've never found them locally)

*Harlow*
Mar 16, 2012, 02:39 PM
I just ordered the Moshi iVisor AG today for iPad3. http://www.moshimonde.com/productDetail.aspx?group=25

Same!

gagaliya
Mar 16, 2012, 03:07 PM
I have always used power support, their films are the best and easy to install dont need to deal with all that wet glue/bubble crap.

This time i will get the crystal clear film so the ipad retina screen can be display as it is. In the past I have used anti-glare which does takeaway some of the pop from the screen color/brightness.

I use it indoor mostly so glare really isnt a problem anyway.

Their ipad3 screens are still not released, does anyone know why there needs to be a new screen? doesnt the ipad2 fit perfectly on the ipad3?

puckhead193
Mar 16, 2012, 03:08 PM
Just got back from Smithaven Mall and had my ghost armor installed (front and back)

phobic99
Mar 16, 2012, 03:23 PM
I had one installed on my first iPad but I haven't used one since. Actually, I don't use screen protectors on any of my gadgets anymore. They're really annoying to me now.

donnaw
Mar 16, 2012, 03:26 PM
What new PS antiglare skin? I don't see it on their site.

So, is it safe to say that the iPad 2 skins fit the new iPad perfectly?
I'm about to order mine.

(where do they sell them locally? I've never found them locally)

By 'new' I mean I ordered one last week. Just got my new iPad and am about ready to put it on. Screens are exactly the same.

I don't know about locally, I always order online.

Built
Mar 16, 2012, 03:28 PM
Power Support Crystal Film protector for my iPad 3.

I've used the Power Support Crystal on my iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4...and iPad 1, 2 and (now) 3.

Best protector around.

I'm going to their store in Burbank either later today or Monday to have it installed.

dapitts08
Mar 16, 2012, 03:40 PM
the fingerprints all over the screen :/

my ocd is kicking in ... lol

iqwertyi
Mar 16, 2012, 03:40 PM
By 'new' I mean I ordered one last week. Just got my new iPad and am about ready to put it on. Screens are exactly the same.

I don't know about locally, I always order online.

Thanks.
I had the PS anti-glare on my iPad 1.
Crystal on my 4S
and I think I'm going to go crystal on the new iPad just because of retina display.

Let me know if you think the anti glare dulls out the image quality by much or whatnot.

Thanks!

lincolnmayer
Mar 16, 2012, 04:55 PM
I'd actually recommend a protector I got through Amazon called ArmorSuit. it's been extremely durable for my ipad2 and comes with a life time replacement option. I was wondering if anyone else has used it?

Looking forward to the ipad 3 though!

johnc22
Mar 16, 2012, 05:51 PM
I ordered an SGP ultra clear from amazon. My finger glides better with the screen protector on it. I put the old one from my iPad 2 on here and it's almost good to go but just didn't go on as well as I'd like. Maybe if washed and rinsed with distiller water...

Dillenger
Mar 16, 2012, 05:52 PM
Yep, I just put on the front and back a Body GuardZ.

GroundLoop
Mar 16, 2012, 05:56 PM
I will as soon as the GLAS.t becomes available.

GL

donnaw
Mar 16, 2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks.
I had the PS anti-glare on my iPad 1.
Crystal on my 4S
and I think I'm going to go crystal on the new iPad just because of retina display.

Let me know if you think the anti glare dulls out the image quality by much or whatnot.

Thanks!

Ok, put it on and to be honest I can't tell if it diminished the screen or not. Text is still very clear, colors look good, much better than my iPad 2. But to really tell I would need to put it beside a naked new iPad. So I'm not going to recommend one way or the other. My eyes are a bit older and possibily not as sharp. Or it could be that it's not as important to me as to others.

So for now I'm leaving it on. The antiglare and anti-fingerprint properties are more important to me.

Oh, one more note, this was the iPad 2 version and it fits perfectly.

LostAggie
Mar 16, 2012, 07:07 PM
I put on the SGP Ultra Fine and it works great... I can't deal with glare...

545h4
Mar 16, 2012, 07:22 PM
I'm going to their store in Burbank either later today or Monday to have it installed.

Do any brick and mortar store carry the PS screen protector and install it? I've got a small menagerie at home (3 cats, 1 dog) so getting this place dust free is not likely.

kmichalec
Mar 16, 2012, 09:30 PM
going to give this a shot:

http://www.amazon.com/splash-Masque-Protector-Invisible-Generation/dp/B006P4DI5E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331875769&sr=8-3

I have these specifically on my iPad 2 and I love it. But now that I have the iPad 3 in hand, I'm debating whether to put one on. For the lower res of the iPad 2, I barely noticed any loss of quality, as it's very clear (very mild rainbow effect when the ipad 2 is off, but clear as day when on).

I'm probably going to try one just to see (I have 2 sheets left from the 3 pack) and see how I like it.

GaiaAero
Mar 16, 2012, 11:02 PM
Does the iPad scratch easily(as in, am I going to need to buy a film for the back as well)

gagaliya
Mar 17, 2012, 12:00 PM
does anyone know what the difference is between the current ipad2 PS crystal clear film and the new ones coming out for ipad3? no info nada. This company really needs to communicate better.

JohnCalif
Mar 17, 2012, 12:11 PM
I am totally anal about this, but after much thought, decided to skip the sp for the new iPad. I had protectors front and back on the orig iPad and the iPad2. But I also use a Smart Cover and keep the unit in a small attache case designed for tablets, so I decided the sp would be overkill.

I've always bought good quality ones, and never had problems with degrading the screen quality, but in doing side by side comparisons in the past, without the sp was a bit better. With this new display, decided I did not want to compromise the quality unless there was a compelling need to do so.

What I expect to do from time to time is use a non-alcohol based cleaner, same used on glasses, and a microfiber cloth. Also decided I will probably keep this iPad for 2 years - LTE was the big thing for me - can't imagine what they can add next year except for a better camera, so with that, will get the AppleCare+ so if anything real bad happens to the screen, even a few scratches, I can replace the unit up to two times.

donnaw
Mar 17, 2012, 12:36 PM
does anyone know what the difference is between the current ipad2 PS crystal clear film and the new ones coming out for ipad3? no info nada. This company really needs to communicate better.

I bought a PS antiglare for my new iPad before the roll-out so technically it's the ipad2 version. I put it on yesterday and it fits. Perhaps they are doing something with new material but I don't see that they need to make any changes to the dimensions or cut-outs. Those are exactly the same as the ipad2.