PDA

View Full Version : Help. Can I set my IPad 3 up as new but still retain some app settings?

pererau
Mar 16, 2012, 03:16 AM
I have some apps that I really love and for which I have built up quite a bit of personalization. My current back up for my iPad 2 is a holdover from a year ago with my original iPad, and I would like to get a clean start, without restoring from a backup, but be able to keep the settings in some commonly used apps. I assume that there is no way to do this, but hope that someone can prove me wrong.

I'm not talking about the apps that have independent export features. I know I can do that when available, but some apps that I use frequently do not have their own exporting options.

sal
Mar 16, 2012, 03:37 AM
I have some apps that I really love and for which I have built up quite a bit of personalization. My current back up for my iPad 2 is a holdover from a year ago with my original iPad, and I would like to get a clean start, without restoring from a backup, but be able to keep the settings in some commonly used apps. I assume that there is no way to do this, but hope that someone can prove me wrong.

I'm not talking about the apps that have independent export features. I know I can do that when available, but some apps that I use frequently do not have their own exporting options.

this has been a major complaint for me for iOS devices. some apps/games you just cannot save out it's state and bring it over to either a new iOS device or fresh install.

even apple can't get it right since you lose your texts on an iphone on a fresh install.

(and yes i am aware that there is a way to back up texts using 3rd party programs but no way to restore them that I know of)

I think the long term solution is to use apps that use the cloud to save info since I don't think apple will ever get this right.