PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Exception - Now 8pm Tonight for Deliveries

applesith
Mar 16, 2012, 10:15 AM
I've been refreshing my tracking and it updated to Delivery Exception in red on FedEx's site. I called freaking out and FedEx rep checked with supervisor and they are overloaded. New delivery time is by 8pm local time. Not 3pm.

This is very frustrating. I could have just gone to the store because they are sitting there piled up.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2d6wpx0.jpg

Edit: Site shows 7:00pm as new time, but the rep said it's indeed 8pm. This is such a mess.

aka777
Mar 16, 2012, 10:15 AM
I've been refreshing my tracking and it updated to Delivery Exception in red on FedEx's site. I called freaking out and FedEx rep checked with supervisor and they are overloaded. New delivery time is by 8pm local time. Not 3pm.

This is very frustrating. I could have just gone to the store because they are sitting there piled up.

This is why I prefer UPS.

santaliqueur
Mar 16, 2012, 10:17 AM

There was no option to choose your shipper.

haphazard
Mar 16, 2012, 10:18 AM
Mine says 10:59pm...son of a b....

100Teraflops
Mar 16, 2012, 10:20 AM
FedEx is overwhelmed for sure, but it's no excuse as they had all week to prepare for deliveries today. I totally understand people's frustration. My Ipad is due by 3 PM without the delivery exception notice, I shall see!

applesith
Mar 16, 2012, 10:21 AM
FedEx is overwhelmed for sure, but it's no excuse as they had all week to prepare for deliveries today. I totally understand people's frustration. My Ipad is due by 3 PM without the delivery exception notice, I shall see!

I asked about my other one coming today for my sister. I still see 3pm for that, but she said ALL Apple packages are now by 8pm tonight.

rkahl
Mar 16, 2012, 10:22 AM
Wow, it's really going to be that late?!!!! What are you to do?

100Teraflops
Mar 16, 2012, 10:24 AM
I asked about my other one coming today for my sister. I still see 3pm for that, but she said ALL Apple packages are now by 8pm tonight.

They had better update their system then... :)

WyattFunderburk
Mar 16, 2012, 10:26 AM
I'm showing 7:00 now as well. Hilarious seeing as how it has been in my town (Nashville) for almost a week now. :rolleyes:

h1r0ll3r
Mar 16, 2012, 10:27 AM
Mine still says 3pm (fingers crossed)

I do loathe FedEx though so it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled this crap on me.

haphazard
Mar 16, 2012, 10:27 AM
If I had known FedEx was going to be this late, I would have just gone to the numerous Apple retail stores in my area. Didn't anticipate there being a lot of iPads in stock.

I might go to the Apple Store and buy a 32GB version and refund the 16GB FedEx is delivering to me when I get it. Decisions, decisions. :rolleyes:

andyblila
Mar 16, 2012, 10:28 AM
I won't be preordering next time. No lines at all. Mine doesn't even show on the truck yet! Fail!

vincenz
Mine says 10:59 PM now also. Great time for the drivers to rack up OT :rolleyes:

tsekh
Mine still says 3pm (in IL).

levitynyc
I'm hoping mine doesn't come til late. I'm at work and I dont want to have to drive 25 miles to pick it up tonight.

PsstGreek
Mar 16, 2012, 10:29 AM
Mine says 3pm as well. A UPS truck drove by my house, got excited, wasn't FedEx. :rolleyes: Still waiting.

Hoggles
Mar 16, 2012, 10:29 AM
Apple dropped the ball a little bit...

Preorders where indeed, somewhat useless. I hope mine comes early today.

Hey...be grateful you're not one of the people who ordered a little late and won't get it shipped for days....weeks.

Those people have a right to be a tad pissy. Ya, seems like in pretty much every city, you can walk in, no waiting and pick one up.

Preorders should have delivered on the 15th...that would have been the "cool" thing to do by Apple.

aka777
Mar 16, 2012, 10:30 AM
Oh the irony that the preorders are delayed, while those who purchased in-store literally walked in.

I just wish I could have ordered using UPS. FEDEX is just not that good with busy periods.

99problems
that sucks, mine was delivered to my office at 9:15 this morning

aka777
I hope these f----ers didn't drop our packages.

Swiss Miss
Mar 16, 2012, 10:31 AM
Mine moved from 3:00 to 4:30PM, I guess I shouldn't complain. The FedEx guy always comes later in the afternoon to my house anyways. I hope he gets here soon!

NachoGrande
Wow NY must have ordered a ton.

Jason S.
They only have one FedEx truck servicing the entirety of New Jersey, so I'm not surprised.

kallyq
Mar 16, 2012, 10:33 AM
Mine says by 10pm. I'm hoping it will still come at around the regular time though because I need to go to work after it comes! haha Going to work at 10pm would be weird (office is closed at 8)

applesith
Mar 16, 2012, 10:35 AM
They only have one FedEx truck servicing the entirety of New Jersey, so I'm not surprised.

haha definitely seems like it!

Hoggles
Mar 16, 2012, 10:36 AM
I hope these f----ers didn't drop our packages.

Seriously... We have all seen what drivers are capable of. They have wicked good throwing arms.

EdMan
Mar 16, 2012, 10:38 AM
Mine had a delivery exception that changed to 11:59pm. The exception occurred at 8:50 am and my iPad was delivered to my job at 9:30 am. So hopefully many of you will have the same success. Try and stay calm if you can!:eek:

macfanrutler
Mar 16, 2012, 10:39 AM
Mine is in Fairfield, NJ and still shows scheduled by 3PM. Hopefully it doesn't change because I have to leave by 5PM.

applesith
Mar 16, 2012, 10:41 AM
I'm glad I have it going to my house so I wouldn't have to wait at work if it was coming here.

brandon8419
Mar 16, 2012, 10:43 AM
Aw that sucks! I'd be annoyed too...Mine (for now, at least) is still on track for a 3pm delivery. Perhaps it's because you're in such a populated area? I'm in the Midwest (Milwaukee to be exact) so I don't think it's as hectic here

PrincessMelody
Mar 16, 2012, 10:46 AM
Mine is still showing 4:30 pm...fingers crossed it stays that way.

uslic001
Mar 16, 2012, 10:48 AM
Mine has been stuck in Raleigh NC being "sorted" since 4 am today. I live 90 miles from Raleigh and it is now close to noon so I highly doubt that it will be delivered by 3 pm as "expected" on the FedEx website. Since it is being delivered to my work which will be closed after 3 pm I will not get my new iPad today as promised by Apple and FedEx. My new iPad has been sitting with FedEx for the last 5 days and they totally failed at their job to deliver it by today. They sent it from Middleton PA to Harrisburg PA two days ago and then sent it to Indianapolis IN yesterday. None of these sites are any closer to my city so I guess they just like to drive my new iPad around to different towns with their trucks. They shipped it by truck from Indianapolis to Raleigh which took over 14 hours. I wish Apple had used UPS.

BornToMac
Mar 16, 2012, 10:50 AM
Mine says 3pm as well. A UPS truck drove by my house, got excited, wasn't FedEx. :rolleyes: Still waiting.

Exact same thing happened to me but it was actually a FedEx truck! My delivery status still says by 8PM though. :(

applesith
Mar 16, 2012, 10:51 AM
Just got a txt from home that my sister's ipad was just delivered. Mine is still out there and is the one with the delayed delivery time.

Driver said there are several trucks for my town, Ridgewood, to deliver a total of 93 iPads today.

Bokes
Mar 16, 2012, 10:51 AM
There qwas no choice of shipper because according to the Fed-Ex rep I spoke to-
Fed-ex made a sweet deal with Apple to be sole shipper....and then didn't spend the $$$ to prepare for it.
good work.

In NYC- my new expected time is 10pm.

whawhat
Mar 16, 2012, 10:52 AM
fedex must be slammed. just got a del. exception, originally 3pm now as late as 11pm in NYC. blows.

KPOM
In NYC they auto-updated with "delivery exceptions" at 9:00am to give themselves until 10:00pm.

Just relax. We'll get them today. Apparently FedEx is just prioritizing commercial deliveries over residential, which makes sense. In the meantime, watch some NCAA games tonight. :)

Toby Ziegler
Mine has been stuck in Raleigh NC being "sorted" since 4 am today. I live 90 miles from Raleigh and it is now close to noon so I highly doubt that it will be delivered by 3 pm as "expected" on the FedEx website. Since it is being delivered to my work which will be closed after 3 pm I will not get my new iPad today as promised by Apple and FedEx. My new iPad has been sitting with FedEx for the last 5 days and they totally failed at their job to deliver it by today. They sent it from Middleton PA to Harrisburg PA two days ago and then sent it to Indianapolis IN yesterday. None of these sites are any closer to my city so I guess they just like to drive my new iPad around to different towns with their trucks. They shipped it by truck from Indianapolis to Raleigh which took over 14 hours. I wish Apple had used UPS.

You're in the same boat as me. I'm 90 miles out from Raleigh as well and mine showed up as being at the Raleigh sort center around 4:30am. It stayed that way until it arrived at the local depot at 9am and only went out for delivery half an hour ago. Seems to have followed the same path as yours so far, but keep in mind the FedEx site is getting slammed today and will take a while to update.

The Bronx Bull
Mar 16, 2012, 10:53 AM
I wasn't going to be home to sign for mine, so I called the FedEx "world" facility here in Tucson, and asked what my options were. The guy said he can place a hold on the package at the facility, and that I could pick it up right now.

I said "Are you sure that won't impede on the delivery date - I'll definitely be able to pick it up? I read somewhere that Apple required at least one delivery attempt."

He in turn said "That is true, Apple did require one delivery attempt for the shipments, but due to the overwhelming situation we're in here, they've lifted the restrictions on pickups at the facility. Yours will be ready for pickup at 8:30AM."

Some of you may want to look into doing this also.

applesith
Mar 16, 2012, 10:58 AM
I wasn't going to be home to sign for mine, so I called the FedEx "world" facility here in Tucson, and asked what my options were. The guy said he can place a hold on the package at the facility, and that I could pick it up right now.

I said "Are you sure that won't impede on the delivery date - I'll definitely be able to pick it up? I read somewhere that Apple required at least one delivery attempt."

He in turn said "That is true, Apple did require one delivery attempt for the shipments, but due to the overwhelming situation we're in here, they've lifted the restrictions on pickups at the facility. Yours will be ready for pickup at 8:30AM."

Some of you may want to look into doing this also.

Not if it's already on the truck...

MajesticNJ
Mar 16, 2012, 10:58 AM
For what it's worth, mine is in on the truck for delivery in central NJ.
I was actually going to ship it to my office in NYC (Downtown) but changed my mind the last minute because my last bus is at 5:50pm and I didn't want to have to miss that so I shipped it to my house.

jaydotcee
Mar 16, 2012, 10:59 AM
I wish UPS Canada would give us an ETA. Ordered right after the keynote so I should be getting it today but as of right now it's stlil sitting in the shipping facility. Lucky that fedex at least gives you a timeframe, UPS right now is just a whole lotta unknown. :confused:

The Bronx Bull
Mar 16, 2012, 11:00 AM
Not if it's already on the truck...

Clearly. But it's 9AM here on the west coast.. most are not yet loaded onto the trucks.

jreuschl
Mar 16, 2012, 11:01 AM

And they somehow would not be overwhelmed and have to push back deliveries, also?

For next day air saver, they don't even have a time commitment for residential deliveries.

MastaK
Mar 16, 2012, 11:02 AM
My iPad left from the same FedEx facility as you did, but got delivered around 10AM this morning. This is why I always ship anything purchased online to my office (Rockleigh).

mattroman246
still 4:30 for me...

jreuschl
Aw that sucks! I'd be annoyed too...Mine (for now, at least) is still on track for a 3pm delivery. Perhaps it's because you're in such a populated area? I'm in the Midwest (Milwaukee to be exact) so I don't think it's as hectic here

Likewise in Delafield. I'm having mine delivered to a commercial address.

e˛Studios
Mar 16, 2012, 11:08 AM
Clearly. But it's 9AM here on the west coast.. most are not yet loaded onto the trucks.

Really?

Mar 16, 2012 8:09 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Estimated delivery Mar 16, 2012 by 3:00 PM

Packages are usually on the truck by 7-8am, 9am is too late usually to divert the package.

kkh0987654321
Mar 16, 2012, 11:09 AM
Los Angeles. All was good until it hit my local FedEx facility in North Hills. Says it won't be delivered until Monday by 3PM now. Lovely.

Laserawesome
Mar 16, 2012, 11:10 AM
I found out what my local distribution point was and chose to hold it at that location. I went and picked it up at 8:30am with no problems. On the way there I drove past no less than 20 fedex trucks including many of the smaller vans that you usually don't see as much, on my way there. Needless to say, I think FedEx probably doubled their usual shift in order to get these deliveries out. I was going to ask the lady who gave me my package at the distro center how many they were delivering, but I was so excited to have the iPad in hand that I just left as soon as I got it. They did say that they are being super cautious with the deliveries though at apple's request.

ElBerserko
My delivery says it has been pushed back to tomorrow by 3:00pm! Delivery Exception with 'Future delivery requested'.:mad:

darkfiber
still 3:00pm for me here in Columbus, OH.

Scratch that!! The second I posted that, it arrived!!! Sweet!!

jreuschl
Mar 16, 2012, 11:12 AM
I don't think it is fair to slam FedEx. Person above said they had ~90 iPads in an area with 25k people. That sounds like a decent amount.

I think where Apple dropped the ball is, why did all of these have to go FedEx Express when they have been sitting in the US for a week? Were they so terrified of a few early deliveries that they HAD to be shipped overnight? They should have had some shipped by FedEx ground and UPS ground to distribute the load.

pekoe1111
Mar 16, 2012, 11:13 AM
Sticker on the door! Now I can't get it until 10A tomorrow...

MajesticNJ
Mar 16, 2012, 11:14 AM
DAMN!!!!! That SUCKS!

TheKricket
Mar 16, 2012, 11:15 AM
The FedEx guy dropped mine off at 10:25 am local time here in Chicago...

Don't everyone fret...

EDIT - The guy said that he had a ton of iPads in his truck - and that he would have about 20-30 EXTRA deliveries today

vincenz
Mar 16, 2012, 11:16 AM

I would be so mad :mad:

kallyq
Mar 16, 2012, 11:17 AM

I'm in Racine, just a bit over from you in a smaller town and mine says 10pm. :( I still think it will come sooner though :p

RaeRaeE62
I'm totally freaking out too!

one of my iPads says its sitting at the local fedex and is not out for delivery

it better show up today or else

master-ceo
My first Pre-Order bit me in my arse. lol Still says by 3pm, but it kinda holds up your day. :o

vader26
Mar 16, 2012, 11:18 AM
Just happened to me in Seattle - moved to 10AM 3/17. This was being shipped to a business address, so I don't know how they expect to deliver on Saturday.

verwon
Mar 16, 2012, 11:19 AM
My delivery says it has been pushed back to tomorrow by 3:00pm! Delivery Exception with 'Future delivery requested'.:mad:

Same here! Says a delivery attempt was made at 8am....no, I'm here and up and there was no FedEx truck here!!!

Rogzilla
Mar 16, 2012, 11:19 AM
Mine is out for delivery with no exceptions, but I'm getting it shipped to a business, not a residential address. I wonder if, because of the amount of iPads being shipped, if FedEX isn't prioritizing business deliveries over residential since those have to be made by 5 while residential aren't due until 8.

darkfiber
Mar 16, 2012, 11:23 AM
Yeah the FedEx guy that just dropped mine off said "It's here! I got a bunch of these to deliver."

Chaucer498
Mar 16, 2012, 11:23 AM
My Ipad is coming out of the Union NJ Fed Ex hub and it still shows it on time. I hope they don't get backed up too.

JohnCalif
Mar 16, 2012, 11:25 AM
In LA area, still shows by 3PM, no delivery exception.

This whole thing may not have been FedEx's fault. In my area, everything was kept at the regional center and not moved out to local offices until overnight. I bet FedEx would have preferred to move things out earlier, and I'm sure the drivers would have preferred to deliver some yesterday to spread the load. I suspect Apple put the screws to them to avoid any early deliveries.

mrgstiffler
Mar 16, 2012, 11:26 AM
Mine used to be delivery by 4:59pm today. I got the delivery exception and now it says by 7:59. Only problem is, I had it shipped to work, which closed at 5. I even clicked the "This is a business" box.

master-ceo
Mar 16, 2012, 11:26 AM
Just came. :) Fedex man said they got a ton of these to deliver. Over 600 pieces.

VicTheBerg
Mar 16, 2012, 11:27 AM
Anybody know what "Tendered at FedEx Office" means?

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8819/screenshot20120316at921.png

I just wanna have my sweet sweet retina display NOW!!!!!

AgentElliot007
Mar 16, 2012, 11:28 AM
I just saw the delivery exception on mine and five minutes later there was a knock at the door. Don't worry too much yet.

Stealthipad
Mar 16, 2012, 11:29 AM
Residential can be very late. FedEx tries to deliver to the businesses by 3pm.

These are not normal times.

greytmom
Mar 16, 2012, 11:31 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Mine is here!!! Yay!!!!

(Delivered to my office).

jacob-07
Mine used to be delivery by 4:59pm today. I got the delivery exception and now it says by 7:59. Only problem is, I had it shipped to work, which closed at 5. I even clicked the "This is a business" box.

Exactly the same position you are in, I hope that 8:00 exception is just a way of covering their a** Knowing they would be later than usual.

mcl
Anybody know what "Tendered at FedEx Office" means?

Image (http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8819/screenshot20120316at921.png)

I just wanna have my sweet sweet retina display NOW!!!!!

I know what you mean. It's 9:30am now, and my two are still at the destination facility. :/

lascott
Mar 16, 2012, 11:33 AM
I just saw the delivery exception on mine and five minutes later there was a knock at the door. Don't worry too much yet.

Same here, mine changed and we were calling Fedex to get it held at the office so we could just pick it up.. and lo and behold the truck pulls up :D

Swampthing
Mar 16, 2012, 11:34 AM
My new iPad arrived this morning around 1143am, and yes, I was going to sit in that Living Room all day until that doorbell rang... :P

ElBerserko
Mar 16, 2012, 11:38 AM
Same here! Says a delivery attempt was made at 8am....no, I'm here and up and there was no FedEx truck here!!!

Just happened to me in Seattle - moved to 10AM 3/17. This was being shipped to a business address, so I don't know how they expect to deliver on Saturday.

I am in the Seattle area too. I called FedEx and they said it was a mis-scan and will be delivered today. So I guess there is hope.

jreuschl
Mar 16, 2012, 11:38 AM
Just came. :) Fedex man said they got a ton of these to deliver. Over 600 pieces.

Wow, what area are you in?

jperry2010
Mar 16, 2012, 11:40 AM
I'm in Texas and my FedEx tracking still says 3 pm.

I wouldn't be too frustrated with the pre-orders guys and gals — keep in mind that the pre-orders are what's allowing all the stock to be at the stores.

Last time around, there was such scarcity because the only way to get an iPad on launch day was to go wait in line at the Apple store/3rd party retailer.

If you pre-ordered, your iPad will get to you today, and you won't have to have waited in line/taken time off from work.

Happy launch day!

Krandor
I think where Apple dropped the ball is, why did all of these have to go FedEx Express when they have been sitting in the US for a week? Were they so terrified of a few early deliveries that they HAD to be shipped overnight? They should have had some shipped by FedEx ground and UPS ground to distribute the load.

Fedex ground and UPS ground do not normally guarantee delivery dates. They are more "best effort" delivery methods. Not a good choice. Apple needed to use one of the guaranteed date delivery methods.

SuperRob
Mine briefly changed to Delivery Exception (Future Delivery Requested) with an estimated date of tomorrow by 3PM. I was livid ... but a short time later, it switched to Out for Delivery. Now I'm not so patiently waiting ...

Adam Sofa
Mar 16, 2012, 11:41 AM
Patients.
It's a wonderful thing.

rgr555
Mar 16, 2012, 11:42 AM
grrr...mines was 3pm now its 10pm lol

Manhattan

falconman515
Mar 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
Mine changed this morning as well ... still shows a delivery time of today but now by 8:00

Talked to FedEx rep and they said any order from apple for today they worked out and agreement with them that it was ok to deliver these packages late and that though they may arrive arrive late they will still deliver today.

Still wondering why mine says it was loaded on the truck but then like 27 minutes later its got a delivery exception .......

Mar 16, 2012 8:52 AM Delivery exception / CLOVIS, CA / Future delivery requested

Mar 16, 2012 8:25 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery / CLOVIS, CA

Mar 16, 2012 8:21 AM At local FedEx facility / CLOVIS, CA

Mar 16, 2012 2:30 AM Departed FedEx location / OAKLAND, CA

Mar 15, 2012 8:29 AM Arrived at FedEx location / OAKLAND, CA

Mar 14, 2012 11:25 PM Left FedEx origin facility / MIRA LOMA, CA

Mar 11, 2012 6:25 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Mar 10, 2012 8:31 PMPicked up / ONTARIO, CA / Future delivery requested

This makes NOS SENSE to me :confused:

TB07-NJ
Mar 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
Union County (north Jersey) ... still says 3PM.

falconman515
Mar 16, 2012, 11:44 AM
Patients.
It's a wonderful thing.

Ya if your a doctor !!! :p

I'm a customer .... so I have no "Patience" !!!:D

maclook
Mar 16, 2012, 11:44 AM
Patients.
It's a wonderful thing.

Hospital patients?

bobobenobi
Mar 16, 2012, 11:46 AM
Patients.
It's a wonderful thing.

Doctors love 'em!

Adam Sofa
Mar 16, 2012, 11:46 AM
I'm in a classroom trying to pay attention and browse, cut me some slack lol

g8orballboy
Mar 16, 2012, 11:48 AM
Mine changed this morning as well ... still shows a delivery time of today but now by 8:00

Talked to FedEx rep and they said any order from apple for today they worked out and agreement with them that it was ok to deliver these packages late and that though they may arrive arrive late they will still deliver today.

Still wondering why mine says it was loaded on the truck but then like 27 minutes later its got a delivery exception .......

Mar 16, 2012 8:52 AM Delivery exception / CLOVIS, CA / Future delivery requested

Mar 16, 2012 8:25 AMOn FedEx vehicle for delivery / CLOVIS, CA / Mar 16, 2012 8:21 AMAt local FedEx facilityCLOVIS, CA

Mar 16, 2012 2:30 AMDeparted FedEx location / OAKLAND, CA / Mar 15, 2012 8:29 AMArrived at FedEx locationOAKLAND, CA

Mar 14, 2012 11:25 PMLeft FedEx origin facility / MIRA LOMA, CA

Mar 11, 2012 6:25 AMShipment information sent to FedExMar 10, 2012 8:31 PMPicked up / ONTARIO, CA / Future delivery requested

Same here... Except mine was on truck at 7:04 amd delivery exception at 9:05...l delivery pushed from 3 to 8. Weird thing was I checked the yahoo FedEx tracking and it says delivery attempt at 9:05....but I was here and they didn't come or leave any slip on the door. I just hope I have mine by the end of the day :-/

coneman5259
Mar 16, 2012, 11:49 AM
Still waiting on Fedex in Chicago for mine, still says 3pm.

engelke2010
Mar 16, 2012, 11:50 AM
Did anyone who got a delivery exception to a later time end up getting theirs delivered already? I want to still have hope that I won't have to be home until maybe 8:00 tonight. Not a good way to spend an already scheduled day off work and one where it's actually kinda sunny out. :(

ttate90303
Mar 16, 2012, 11:51 AM
Yep, spoke to a FedEx rep and was told that they will deliver but have moved the window out to as late as 8pm. So just sit back enjoy the new Apple TV till the FedEx guy shows up. Still beats waiting in line for hours on end.

maclook
Mar 16, 2012, 11:52 AM

The FedEx woman I talked to on the phone seemed really tired, probably because she's getting calls constantly about it.

It's annoying that they hadn't calculated their load until after the trucks were out for delivery this morning. Hopefully, it's just a precaution and we still get our packages early. I'm going to call and see if there's any stock left over once the line dies down at the Apple Store. I hate waiting for deliveries.

VicTheBerg
Seriously, I can't wait. I'm hungry and ain't got no food at home.. Is anybody familiar with the meaning of "Tendered at FedEx Office"?

Well, I gotta run to whole foods. If I'm even close to thinking I'm seeing a freaking piece of paper on my door when I get back, I might as well just shoot myself.

All because of a freaking iPad.

gdeputy
Yep, spoke to a FedEx rep and was told that they will deliver but have moved the window out to as late as 8pm. So just sit back enjoy the new Apple TV till the FedEx guy shows up. Still beats waiting in line for hours on end.

What line?

tekchic
Mar 16, 2012, 11:53 AM
Mine got on the truck for delivery at 8:28am (I'm in Phoenix, AZ). Delivery still says by 3:00pm.

Fingers and toes crossed.

When I preordered for iPhone 4, I think they showed up around 11:30am. The "Out for Delivery" makes waiting the hardest part. :)

ppfd
Mar 16, 2012, 11:54 AM
My daughter called about a half hour ago and said Fed Ex just dropped mine off. I'm at work till tomorrow morning though.:(

falconman515
Mar 16, 2012, 11:55 AM
Same here... Except mine was on truck at 7:04 amd delivery exception at 9:05...l delivery pushed from 3 to 8. Weird thing was I checked the yahoo FedEx tracking and it says delivery attempt at 9:05....but I was here and they didn't come or leave any slip on the door. I just hope I have mine by the end of the day :-/

Mine said the same thing on Yahoo delivery as well but I was here too ... I think they may have had to scan it in this way so that It could go on a different truck or something for a later delivery or something.

I was told by the FedEx rep that they Will arrive today if you are home so we'll see.

rgr555
Mar 16, 2012, 11:56 AM
from 10pm exception to delivered

wow! getting it from my doorman now

M87
Mar 16, 2012, 11:58 AM
FedEx came at exactly 11am for me.

coolbreeze
Mar 16, 2012, 11:58 AM
Just walk into a store and buy one. Return the shipped one tomorrow.

dmelgar
Mar 16, 2012, 12:00 PM
Same thing has happened to me :(

I'm sitting here waiting at home, suddenly the status changes to "Delivery Exception". I call up thinking they'd say they tried to deliver it, but they haven't cause I've been waiting. Instead they say they're running late and could be as late as 8pm or even tomorrow!

Argh! They've supposedly had this package for a week. They were able to manage where to keep it, and they can't figure out how to deliver a package they've had for a week at the promised time?! So much for FedEx reliability.

I have even wondered about refusing shipment and running out and picking one up at a retailer. How does that work with Apple? Does it automatically get credited back?

This is bothering me more than usual because I wasted 4 hours on the phone with incompetent HP support trying to get a printer repaired. They wasted my time, refused to replace it and couldnt fix it. Just keep asking me to do meaningless unrelated things to waste my time and make me give up. I was hoping to be more productive today instead of waiting all day for the iPad to show up.

glenthompson
Mar 16, 2012, 12:00 PM
FedEx truck pulled into my driveway but it was a package for my wife. My iPad is still showing Delivery Exception, Future delivery requested with a estimated time of 7:00 PM EDT in Virginia.

jpcarro
Mar 16, 2012, 12:01 PM
My delivery exception switched to 7:30pm EST, but just got mine at 1:00pm. :D

falconman515
Mar 16, 2012, 12:02 PM
from 10pm exception to delivered

wow! getting it from my doorman now

My delivery exception switched to 7:30pm EST, but just got mine at 1:00pm. :D

Nice to see some are still being delivered despite them receiving a Deliver Exception.

rebelw/acause
Mar 16, 2012, 12:03 PM
Mine moved from 3:00 to 4:30PM, I guess I shouldn't complain. The FedEx guy always comes later in the afternoon to my house anyways. I hope he gets here soon!

I'm in central FL too, still says by 3pm. Smart cover was delivered by Fedex yesterday at 1:45 so watching the front door!

MastahRiz
Mar 16, 2012, 12:03 PM
Damnit mine says by 10PM. I don't mind the time but just wish I had known earlier that it would be delayed.

falconman515
Mar 16, 2012, 12:04 PM
Just walk into a store and buy one. Return the shipped one tomorrow.

You can;t return a different iPad with a different serial number buddy! When you purchase it it has the serial printed on the receipt and that is verified when returned ... obviously they will be different so this wont work.

Come on bro ... stay on subject here.

jbachandouris
I chose hold for pick up at FedEx instead. From this thread, I'm glad I did.

ethana
Does Best Buy have the new iPads in stock today? If so I am about to just go buy one this afternoon. FedEx is saying I won't get mine until tomorrow but I leave on a plane TONIGHT!!!!

jbachandouris
Mar 16, 2012, 12:05 PM
Does Best Buy have the new iPads in stock today? If so I am about to just go buy one this afternoon. FedEx is saying I won't get mine until tomorrow but I leave on a plane TONIGHT!!!!

Mine did (Albany, NY), so I picked up a 32GB.

engelke2010
Mar 16, 2012, 12:06 PM
Seriously, I can't wait. I'm hungry and ain't got no food at home.. Is anybody familiar with the meaning of "Tendered at FedEx Office"?

Well, I gotta run to whole foods. If I'm even close to thinking I'm seeing a freaking piece of paper on my door when I get back, I might as well just shoot myself.

All because of a freaking iPad.

First of all, I echo your feelings. I usually don't let things bother me, but this really ticks me of big time.

More importantly, I think that Tendered at FedEx office could mean that another carrier (USPS, etc) might be delivering yours because FedEx is too swamped.

jacob-07
Mar 16, 2012, 12:07 PM
You can;t return a different iPad with a different serial number buddy! When you purchase it it has the serial printed on the receipt and that is verified when returned ... obviously they will be different so this wont work.

He would keep the one he bought from the store and return the unopened unused one that he pre ordered from apple, not that hard to understand.

mcl
Mar 16, 2012, 12:08 PM
10am here. iPads are still at the FedEx destination facility according to yahoo and fedex. Gr.

Doublemint
Mar 16, 2012, 12:09 PM

Yes he can return the one he purchased online at the apple store.

falconman515
Mar 16, 2012, 12:12 PM
Yes he can return the one he purchased online at the apple store.

My Bad .... Yes he can return at the apple store .... Ok I was mistaken ... I was thinking he was goin to purchase elsewhere (best buy etc.) then return the one he gets today to best buy with his receipt. Brain fart.

ethana
Mar 16, 2012, 12:13 PM
The thing that gets to me the most about all of this are a few things:

1 - FedEx had WEEKS to prepare for this.

and

2- My iPad was sitting in Ontario, CA for a WEEK! If they knew they could have been backed up in stock, they should have just delivered some a day early. But delaying for NO reason is unacceptable, especially when people pay upwards of $800 for a product on launch.

Come on FedEx, you need to keep customers happy. Delaying packages make me NEVER want to ship anything through you EVER again.

mrgstiffler
Mar 16, 2012, 12:14 PM
The thing that gets to me the most about all of this are a few things:

1 - FedEx had WEEKS to prepare for this.

and

2- My iPad was sitting in Ontario, CA for a WEEK! If they knew they could have been backed up in stock, they should have just delivered some a day early. But delaying for NO reason is unacceptable, especially when people pay upwards of $800 for a product on launch.

Come on FedEx, you need to keep customers happy. Delaying packages make me NEVER want to ship anything through you EVER again.

Delivering a day early wasn't an option. No way Apple would have allowed that. Rolling additional trucks would have been the smart thing to do.

engelke2010
Mar 16, 2012, 12:15 PM
What's really sad is I am in my living room looking out my deck. Whenever I hear any vehicle go over a couple of speed bumps that are near me in my apartment complex, I look outside hoping that I still get mine while it's still daytime. I feel like a dog waiting for its owner to come home! I don't know about anyone else who got this delay, mine was on the truck for delivery.

kallyq
Mine said by 10PM and it just came at 12:14 PM :) (I'm the one in Racine for you Wisconsin people). It was in a little van and the person said that the truck was full of just iPads! :)

Yay, I get to get to work by 1!

uslic001
I was too impatient. Mine was delivered at work at 11:30 am but until 1:15 pm it said it was still in Raleigh on the FedEx tracking page. The computers at FedEx are clearly backlogged.

aufmobi
Thought I'd share what went on with my tracking number this morning...

Checked the status at 7am and was shocked to see a "Delivery Exception", after refreshing the page for a few hours around 8:45am it changed to "On FedEx Vehicle for Delivery".

Hoping it gets here sooner than later, smooth deliveries y'all. :cool:

Jookbox
Mar 16, 2012, 12:17 PM
This is why I had it delivered to my work. It came at 9:36 am. They definitely prioritize business addresses. If I had it delivered at home there's a 99% chance it would be at the end of the day.

UFGatorMel
Mar 16, 2012, 12:17 PM
I'm in East Central Florida. Delivery still says by 3:00 PM, but no delivery yet and we are right around our regular FedEx delivery time at the house.

mcl
Mar 16, 2012, 12:19 PM
Just called FedEx since it's 10:18am here and the tracking still shows it's at the destination location. The nice woman I spoke with showed the same thing and put me on hold while she called the local depot.

After a few minutes she came back and told me that mine actually are on a truck for delivery; they're so backed up they're rushing and probably didn't scan them all.

So now the waiting begins.

johnc22
Mar 16, 2012, 12:22 PM
Good thing I'm unemployed and can sit around all day waiting for FedEx. :D

Bradllez
Mar 16, 2012, 12:25 PM
In Central FL.

Just delivered!

/bradllez

whawhat
Mar 16, 2012, 12:26 PM
mine just arrived in NYC. delivery guy said "i'm one of the lucky ones...i have over a 100 in my truck and most aren't getting them until tom." he also said people were calling fedex and lying, telling them the package is medication and urgent. haha. good luck all.

e˛Studios
Mar 16, 2012, 12:29 PM
mine just arrived in NYC. delivery guy said "i'm one of the lucky ones...i have over a 100 in my truck and most aren't getting them until tom." he also said people were calling fedex and lying, telling them the package is medication and urgent. haha. good luck all.

If its on the truck and marked out for delivery it gets delivered, there are very few exceptions to that rule.

WyattFunderburk
Mar 16, 2012, 12:30 PM
people were calling fedex and lying, telling them the package is medication and urgent. haha. good luck all.

That's disgusting and pathetic... I need to make a phone call, brb.

h1r0ll3r
Mar 16, 2012, 12:30 PM
friggin lazy bums. Mine just got pushed back to 8pm. Damn I hate FedEx.

falconman515
Mar 16, 2012, 12:31 PM
That's disgusting and pathetic... I need to make a phone call, brb.

ROFL :p LOL

rgarjr
Mar 16, 2012, 12:32 PM
Yesterday I requested for mine to be held at the FedEx location so that come today I can go there early 9AM and pick it up.

Head out there this morning only to be told the driver now has it on his truck. So now I head back home empty handed and have to wait.

typecase
Mar 16, 2012, 12:32 PM
Mine showed the same delivery exception, I was waiting all morning for it and then suddenly it shows (customer not available or business closed). I was here the whole morning!!!! :mad:

I hate these sneak deliveries. I hate them. Not the first time this has happened either.

Ruined my whole day.

dmelgar
Mar 16, 2012, 12:33 PM
If its on the truck and marked out for delivery it gets delivered, there are very few exceptions to that rule.

Sure, delivered, but when?
Few exceptions? Ever heard of a "Delivery Exception", hence this entire thread?

Geekulous
Mar 16, 2012, 12:35 PM
Oh man, the pest guy came out to spray way earlier than expected. My dog and I have to be out of the house for 2 hours, I'm sitting on my balcony freezing my buns off. Saw a UPS truck rumble by a little while ago (I'm getting mine via FedEx). Just saw a FedEx truck roll by my apt too still no iPad yet. Torture, pure torture...
:apple:

e˛Studios
Mar 16, 2012, 12:35 PM
Sure, delivered, but when?
Few exceptions? Ever heard of a "Delivery Exception", hence this entire thread?

Delivery exceptions come before it gets on the truck. Once its on the truck you will get it that day at some point in time. Didn't realize people needed the obvious pointed out to them :rolleyes:

The only time I've seen that change is when a FedEx truck that had my package on it was in an accident.

cfairbank
Mar 16, 2012, 12:38 PM
Expected delivery by 3:00 pm here in KC. iPad just delivered. Talking with driver he said that the only thing he was delivering today was iPads. CRAZY!!!!!!

maclook
Mar 16, 2012, 12:39 PM
delivery exceptions come before it gets on the truck.

e˛Studios
Mar 16, 2012, 12:42 PM

If that's correct then I stand corrected, I've never seen that and I have tons of items shipped to me every month. The only time I have seen it change after it goes out is if something happens with the driver or vehicle.

mcl
Mar 16, 2012, 12:43 PM
Weird. A FedEx truck just came by to the house two doors down from me and then left. I wonder what the heck's going on, I go back inside and check the status, and it shows "delivery attempt."

Mad, I call FedEx and complain. While I'm on the phone, another FedEx truck pulls up and hands me my iPads. :)

laurenr
Mar 16, 2012, 12:44 PM
Oh man, the pest guy came out to spray way earlier than expected. My dog and I have to be out of the house for 2 hours, I'm sitting on my balcony freezing my buns off. Saw a UPS truck rumble by a little while ago (I'm getting mine via FedEx). Just saw a FedEx truck roll by my apt too still no iPad yet. Torture, pure torture...

Ummm.......don't you have to go through your poisoned-air apt to get to the front door? Or are you planning on leaping over the balcony right onto that Fedex truck??:eek:Just sayin'......

Geekulous
Mar 16, 2012, 12:50 PM
Ummm.......don't you have to go through your poisoned-air apt to get to the front door? Or are you planning on leaping over the balcony right onto that Fedex truck??:eek:Just sayin'......

What's a few brain cells in the name of consumerism?? :p Nah the pest guy said due to the location and amount of spraying (very minimal) I would be ok to go in and out while the house is airing out just can't stay in for long periods of time.

100Teraflops
Mar 16, 2012, 12:53 PM
I received my iPad at 12:07 PM! I am setting it up and I took tons of photos unboxing it etc.... It is a lot light than the iPad 1! I am restoring from my last iTunes back up and it' taking awhile to say the least! Now I have to order a case! :D

Hang in there troops. as your equipment is on the way! The FedEx guy who delivered mine said they are bombed. Go figure!

engelke2010
Mar 16, 2012, 12:57 PM
So, who has had theirs delivered already but did get the exception? Also, when did you order? Before or after the 9th?

mactmaster
Mar 16, 2012, 12:58 PM

I think FedEx did an across the board delivery exception in certain areas and that's why your package was already on the truck by the time they put the exception into place.

Mine is also now on the truck for delivery. :D

Still... i don't like fedex...

spice weasel
Mar 16, 2012, 01:06 PM
I just gotta laugh reading through some of these posts, and the two other threads complaining about FedEx delivery issues. If FedEx genuinely screwed up, then yes, that sucks. But people are getting their panties all in a twist over the possibility that their iPad might come as late as 8:00 pm. Oh the horror!

Yes, we are all excited to play with our new toys. But let's not act like it's a travesty of justice if the little gizmo comes a few hours late. Mine says "delivery exception" and it appears an attempt was made shortly after I left for work. I'm hoping to just to to the warehouse and pick it up after work. If not, then I'll get it when it arrives next.

I think the real issue is that Apple creates all this drama by asking FedEx to delay deliveries until a specific day. If they let the things just get delivered as soon as they were ready, then FedEx wouldn't be overwhelmed.

Even if I don't get mine today, I'm still glad I pre-ordered online rather than going to the mall to try to get one. I HATE the mall.

DesertSilver
Mar 16, 2012, 01:09 PM
Obviously shipping companies only have a finite number of resources.

But what's strange is that I have 2 iPad's being delivered today and only one of them is showing with an exception. The expected times are 3pm for one and 7:59pm for the other.

They must have them stockpiled them by similar geographic areas and then load the truck with whatever they can and then come back for more.

kkh0987654321
Mar 16, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hah. My prior exception, to-be-delivered on Monday, went to it being here.

KPOM
Mar 16, 2012, 01:10 PM
Well, the delivery window has now been shortened from 10:00pm to 7:00pm. That's just about when I'll be leaving the office, so it should be waiting for me when I get home. I can stop worrying about it now. :D

DesertSilver
Mar 16, 2012, 01:14 PM
Obviously shipping companies only have a finite number of resources.

But what's strange is that I have 2 iPad's being delivered today and only one of them is showing with an exception. The expected times are 3pm for one and 7:59pm for the other.

They must have them stockpiled them by similar geographic areas and then load the truck with whatever they can and then come back for more.

Ok, well literally 5 minutes after my post, the FedEx guy just came to deliver them. :D

rebelw/acause
Mar 16, 2012, 01:16 PM
Just delivered into my waiting hands. Fedex guy said some trucks are half filled with iPads and half with Verizon phones.

rdiz17
Mar 16, 2012, 01:19 PM
My roommate signed for mine while I was gone and he said the FedEx guy said today has been a total *****how, it took him 5 minutes just to be able to pull up the screen to sign for the package. Anyhow, I have mine and my back case came today as well so all is good here. Just waiting on screen protectors and my smart cover.

nyconsult410
Mar 16, 2012, 01:25 PM
when everyone is going to get a damn iPad before you? I could have waited at Best Buy this morning and been using my new shiny iPad, but instead... I sit here waiting all morning and afternoon for Fed Ex to deliver a package that was barely a few miles away from my home!

They just changed my time to 9PM, flipping fed ex SUCKS!!!

VicTheBerg
Mar 16, 2012, 01:25 PM
YAY!!! Just got mine delivered from FedEx, which is kind of weird since it still shows as "at FedEx facility".

dmelgar
Mar 16, 2012, 01:29 PM
Mine showed up, 2:15pm. Driver said he's the one who changed the status.

andyblila
Mar 16, 2012, 01:30 PM
Mine showed up at 11AM! Good luck everyone! It might have actually worth it not to sit out in the cold waiting.

applesith
Mar 16, 2012, 01:33 PM
when everyone is going to get a damn iPad before you? I could have waited at Best Buy this morning and been using my new shiny iPad, but instead... I sit here waiting all morning and afternoon for Fed Ex to deliver a package that was barely a few miles away from my home!

And if it sold out and you didn't pre-order, you'd be kicking yourself now.

jreuschl
Mar 16, 2012, 01:35 PM

Is FedEx supposed to hire more drivers for 1 day? Blame Apple for not dividing up the shipments with other services!

falconman515
Mar 16, 2012, 01:40 PM

Mar 16, 2012 8:25 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery / CLOVIS, CA

Mar 16, 2012 8:21 AM At local FedEx facility / CLOVIS, CA

Mar 16, 2012 2:30 AM Departed FedEx location / OAKLAND, CA

Mar 15, 2012 8:29 AM Arrived at FedEx location / OAKLAND, CA

Mar 14, 2012 11:25 PM Left FedEx origin facility / MIRA LOMA, CA

Mar 11, 2012 6:25 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Mar 10, 2012 8:31 PMPicked up / ONTARIO, CA / Future delivery requested

FYI:

This status never changed all morning or said on vehicle for delivery after it changed over to "Delivery Exception" ... But ....

It just arrived here at 11:30AM (west coast CA. time).

Then 10 after I get back in and unbox then refresh my tracking page it says delivered!

It came on one of those large ugly FedEx mini vans and he said all he was delivering was iPads today. He said the reason for the exception and weird tracking was how they had to scan it in to the specific route for that normal area then have the exception added to the system to load it on a different vehicle.

So don;t worry guys it will be coming and may not be late at all considering more than likely your area is the same as mine and you will have a specific person delivering your new iPad.

Showed up perfect and is being set-up as we speak.

Good luck all ... just wanted to share my experience and the info I got to help sooth some of your minds out there.

chrisesposito
Mar 16, 2012, 01:41 PM
Mine just arrived - 11:18 AM Pacific time.

sartios
Mar 16, 2012, 01:41 PM
This is why I never preordered and brought mine at 10am this morning :)

BBman
Mar 16, 2012, 01:42 PM
Was at work and missed an 11:00am attempted delivery(was hoping by 3pm like they said). Called up and they told me to drive to their warehouse a little before 8pm to pick it up if I wanted it today or wait till monday. Needless to say I was foaming at the mouth but still kept my composure and decided to place it on hold and pick up in the evening or early morning tomorrow.

Out of curiosity I called my local Best Buy near work and they had plenty of stock left of the same model I ordered ready to go out the door. I decided to wait still to avoid the hassle of shipping a return to apple. If I knew this was going to happen I would have just bought the damn thing on my lunch break.

Major inconvenience.:mad:

sealos
Mar 16, 2012, 01:44 PM
Was at work and missed an 11:00am attempted delivery(was hoping by 3pm like they said). Called up and they told me to drive to their warehouse a little before 8pm to pick it up if I wanted it today or wait till monday. Needless to say I was foaming at the mouth but still kept my composure and decided to place it on hold and pick up in the evening or early morning tomorrow.

Out of curiosity I called my local Best Buy near work and they had plenty of stock left of the same model I ordered ready to go out the door. I decided to wait still to avoid the hassle of shipping a return to apple. If I knew this was going to happen I would have just bought the damn thing on my lunch break.

You can take it to a physical Apple store and return it for a full refund.

eikast
Mar 16, 2012, 01:46 PM
I got mine around 2PM. I think they extended the time because FedEx wants to be somewhat consistent. For example UPS wouldn't care if they deliver by 3 or 9

BBman
Mar 16, 2012, 01:49 PM
You can take it to a physical Apple store and return it for a full refund.

I understand that but I am just not willing to buy the same iPad twice and make two unnecessary drives as well as the hassle of going to my local mall and returning something.

falconman515
Mar 16, 2012, 01:51 PM
I got mine around 2PM. I think they extended the time because FedEx wants to be somewhat consistent. For example UPS wouldn't care if they deliver by 3 or 9

Very True ... UPS delivered my damn iPhone 4S at 9:15 at night !!!

At least FedEx is giving a heads up that "Maybe" it will be late an not by 3 like they normally deliver due to massive amount of deliveries they have today.

I think this delivery exception thing is fair to do but I think they should have better info on their tracking page cause looking at the page with the exception then deliver at a later date and then going to the FedEx yahoo tracking and it shows your package had a delivery attempt will really freak WAY to many people out.

They are doing something good ... but just in the wrong way.

But don;t fret .... they are on their way and will be to you soon I'm sure.

spice weasel
Mar 16, 2012, 01:52 PM

So you are upset because you were at work and FedEx said they'd deliver it BY 3:00 and it was delivered at 11:00 am, which is BY 3:00? Why the mouth foaming and near loss of composure?

TC25
Mar 16, 2012, 01:58 PM

And he'd be complaining here. Don't forget complaining. :D

BBman
Mar 16, 2012, 01:59 PM
So you are upset because you were at work and FedEx said they'd deliver it BY 3:00 and it was delivered at 11:00 am, which is BY 3:00? Why the mouth foaming and near loss of composure?

I never had a package delivered by them before 12 pm, I now understand they are overloaded with delivering these things so I see why I got a package that early. I got off work early at 12pm and then see this notice on my door, its kinda irritating to say the least especially when I could have just bought it easily during my lunch brake and avoided a long drive to my local fedex office.

johnc22
Mar 16, 2012, 01:59 PM
Mine showed up with 20 minutes to spare before the "by 3PM" deadline. I asked her "busy?" She said, never busier.

Ruby110
Mar 16, 2012, 02:07 PM
Even with the delivery exceptions and time change, it came exactly at 3:00!

nyconsult410
Mar 16, 2012, 02:08 PM

Actually, last year... I got in and out of Best Buy, within an hour! I just thought that pre-ordering it might save me some time, but look now... I have to wait around all day, because Fed Ex can't do it's job right! I don't blame Apple, they did their part, it is Fed Ex who is dropping the ball, not Apple! :mad:

Rooey
Mar 16, 2012, 02:10 PM
Time Due: 18:00
Current Time: 19:10
Apple Store "Care": "Sorry. We are too busy to answer your call. We value your business. Goodbye."

Fail.

nyconsult410
Mar 16, 2012, 02:11 PM
Is FedEx supposed to hire more drivers for 1 day? Blame Apple for not dividing up the shipments with other services!

Yes, I should blame Apple, because Fed Ex is such a small little delivery service that is no where near prepared to do such a large amount of shipping... My blow horn! Fed Ex is the one dropping the ball on this NOT APPLE! Apple did their part, they got it out, to Fed Ex, believing Fed Ex would get it out to the customer! :mad:

master-ceo
Mar 16, 2012, 02:13 PM
Wow, what area are you in?

Atlanta, Ga

boxster99t
Mar 16, 2012, 02:14 PM
I won't be preordering next time. No lines at all. Mine doesn't even show on the truck yet! Fail!

Relax--it's quite possible it will be delivered without the tracking system showing on the truck to be delivered.

I almost always buy everything online from Apple, as I figure having it brought to my doorstep is infinitely better than driving over to the Apple Store (I live within 8 miles of two) and getting it myself. :D

Let me guess--when you were a kid (assuming you are over 18 now), you pestered your parents during car trips by asking "are we there yet?", every five minutes. :p

K4LK
Mar 16, 2012, 02:16 PM
Delivery exception at 2:55. ETA now 5:45 PM. My brother ordered his about the same time on the Apple store. Status said ships by Monday. He walked into Best Buy this morning. They had plenty. He's been using his for about 6 hours :(. I played with it and am thrilled how great non-retina optimized apps and videos look :)

str8bucs
Mar 16, 2012, 02:31 PM

I totally agree with this its 3:30 est and still no ipad when FedEx shows a 3pm delivery time:mad:

I should have just took my a$$ to Wally-World

----------

Just noticed they took the time off my shipment completely.... This really is crap!

Pre-Ordering is a perk and Apple should have known FedEx was not able to keep up with the shipment!

So pre-ordering has no advantages cause everyone will have theirs before us:mad:

ZipZap
Mar 16, 2012, 02:34 PM
45 Min late but just delivered....Maryland

nj-mac-user
Mar 16, 2012, 02:47 PM
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting home all day today... had the presigned delivery form filled out and taped to the front door just in case... and all of a sudden the tracking now says "Delivery Exception - Customer not available or business closed". A BLATANT LIE by the Fedex driver!!!! He never even attempted to deliver it to my house. No door tag nothing. :mad::mad::mad:

KPOM
Mar 16, 2012, 02:51 PM
Well I just got the e-mail notification from my doorman (NYC) that a FedEx package arrived! I wonder what it could be? :D

jasg49
Mar 16, 2012, 03:01 PM
Seattle.

Exception at 7:30AM said by 7:30PM.

Arrived at 12:20.

km54291
Mar 16, 2012, 03:21 PM

Just FYI that when I missed my iPhone 4S delivery and found the sticker on my door, I was able to pick it up at the local facility that night. I just had to wait until the driver returned with the truck. They would normally get back to facility around 7pm and the customer pickup is open until 8pm, so you could always try that option if your facility is open that late.

ttate90303
Mar 16, 2012, 03:26 PM
Delivered @ 1:25pm. Enjoy the new iPad folks.

WyattFunderburk
Mar 16, 2012, 03:31 PM
My "Exception" said by 7:00 and mine arrived around 1:30.

maclook
Mar 16, 2012, 03:32 PM
I'm cool as long as it comes before 3pm. It's 1:30 pst right now.

nyconsult410
Mar 16, 2012, 03:40 PM
I just cannot believe that I have had to wait around all day for this... I am so tempted to just send it back, if it doesn't arrive tonight! :mad:

mlmathews
Mar 16, 2012, 03:42 PM
FWIW, I also got a 8pm exception, but it arrived a little after 4pm (ET).

intofx
Mar 16, 2012, 03:47 PM
Just changed from 3pm to 9 pm :mad:

epirali
Mar 16, 2012, 03:53 PM
I want to repeat same as others: mine showed "delivery exception" like everyone else (business address). First call I was told it will be by 8pm, explained we close at 5p. Called a couple of hours later and was told there would be NO delivery today. I asked it to be held at station and was told won't be returned until 8pm. Was told can have redelivery Saturday.

An hour later it showed up (3pm or so) despite the incorrect information.

So just hang in there.

Steviejobz
Mar 16, 2012, 03:54 PM
Mine delivered early at 12pm but I'm stuck at work. :(

zpilot
Mar 16, 2012, 03:57 PM
So pre-ordering has no advantages cause everyone will have theirs before us:mad:

Actually, pre-ordering allows you to get it without leaving your house, apartment, townhome and/or work/office area. So still an advantage.

joeshmo2010
Mar 16, 2012, 03:57 PM
Mine had a delivery exception of 730 tonight but it was still delivered at 12:57

ElBerserko
Mar 16, 2012, 03:58 PM
Mine arrived just before 1pm after getting the exception this morning with a changed delivery date.

The Fedex guy came in a rental mini-van because they ran out of delivery vehicles. Gotta give them credit, they are trying really hard to get these out.

bcaslis
Mar 16, 2012, 03:59 PM
Mine had delivery exception delivered by 7:59pm. It was delivered (at least a box was) at 11:45am. Now if only work would end!

Built
Mar 16, 2012, 04:03 PM
I would be so pissed.

Both UPS and Fedex (more often UPS, though) drivers have played that game with me where I am home and they enter "Customer Unavailable" into the system.

Personally, I think they run out of time and just start "dumping" deliveries back into the system...

I feel your pain...as it's happened to me before...and even more frustrating is the fact that those of us who did not plan ahead..and who waited till today to buy in-store...already have ours. I would be furious.

The iPhone 4 pre-orders were handled beautifully, though...with most of our pre-orders arriving the day BEFORE launch...(a small consolation for all the drama we went through trying order online in Great Apple Meltdown of 2010 LOL)

Best of luck everybody.

maclook
Mar 16, 2012, 04:06 PM
But why would delivery people not ring the doorbell and hope for someone to take the package? I know it happens but I don't see the incentive since they have to deliver it later and they're literally right there anyways.

Bubbakinns
Mar 16, 2012, 04:07 PM
Wow, now I'm glad mine came UPS! They usually don't deliver here until late afternoon but showed up at 9am this morning.

I hope you all get yours soon.

Johnd206
Mar 16, 2012, 04:18 PM
just recieved my 2 ipads in redmond wa. i too had a delivery exception that was slated for saturday but got them today. woohoo!!

eyespii
Mar 16, 2012, 04:40 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

I just got a delivery exception and they rescheduled the delivery for Monday. Wtf? It says "indirect signature required", which means they can drop it with my apt manager, but for whatever reason they're not doing that today!

Ok literally 15 seconds after this post I get a notification that they did indeed drop it off at my apt manager. FedEx needs to get their tracking system straightened out so we all don't freak out about these deliveries haha. Can't wait to get off work now!

ipadsucks
Mar 16, 2012, 04:51 PM
Delivery exception, moved out to 5:30p. Northern California.

vi2867
Mar 16, 2012, 04:55 PM
Mine says Delivery exception by 8:00 pm and just got it at 2:54pm.:)

theConvinced
Mar 16, 2012, 05:02 PM
I too got the now expected delivery exception around 10am. I even cancelled my planned return to the house lunch to pickup. Only to receive a notification at 12:15pm that my packages had delivered. I have to give props to the Fed-Ex driver though he always makes an extra effort to hide my packages. He covered them with my door mat. While i would love to jump on Fed-Ex who actually I do not really like its Apple who holds the packages.

rkdiddy
Mar 16, 2012, 05:10 PM
Add me to the list. Originally scheduled by 3:00p. Then changed to 8:00p and now they're saying the "Customer not available or business closed". Interesting enough, I've been home all day and posted the pre-signed delivery print-outs on my front door. Something seems a little fishy. :rolleyes:

glenthompson
Mar 16, 2012, 05:38 PM
FedEx said by 7pm and it showed up about 4pm. Don't know why they couldn't put it on the same truck that made a delivery at 11am.

ZipZap
Mar 17, 2012, 08:41 AM
Add me to the list. Originally scheduled by 3:00p. Then changed to 8:00p and now they're saying the "Customer not available or business closed". Interesting enough, I've been home all day and posted the pre-signed delivery print-outs on my front door. Something seems a little fishy. :rolleyes:

This is a common tactic for fedex during big releases, xMas etc

They just dont have the staff to deliver everything in one day...so their drivers will return to the hub when their day is over and mark the undeliverd packages as "Customer not home".

I have called and complained about this many times and the truth is...no one on either end (Fedex/Apple) give a cr-p.

So for big events like this...have it held at the fedex facility and dont waste your day waiting.