PDA

View Full Version : Yoobao Case fits new iPad... however...

BryanLyle
Mar 16, 2012, 12:05 PM
Apple must have changed the location of the magnets in the new iPad because the Yoobao case no longer turns the display off when closed. Booo.

ReallyBigFeet
Mar 16, 2012, 12:06 PM
Yoobao carries what now....137.4 cases? Care to be a little more specific about which particular Yoobao case you are testing?

BryanLyle
Mar 16, 2012, 12:14 PM
Sorry, the executive leather case...

Alexonnavitch
Mar 16, 2012, 12:18 PM
Sorry, the executive leather case...

Agreed, my yoobao executive case doesnt work either :(

ReallyBigFeet
Mar 16, 2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks for clarifying.

Well that's good to know that it at least fits. I have a couple of those left from my batch of iPad 2's. Not that great of a case but it will do until the market comes up with something I actually want to spend $$ on. Still holding out for a redesigned Mag Snap from Incase.

applebestfans
Mar 16, 2012, 04:31 PM
Apple must have changed the location of the magnets in the new iPad because the Yoobao case no longer turns the display off when closed. Booo.

Are you talking about the new Yoobao case or the case for ipad2?

BryanLyle
Mar 16, 2012, 06:31 PM
Are you talking about the new Yoobao case or the case for ipad2?

The current case for the iPad 2. It fits perfectly EXCEPT the magnet location.

neweipadfan
Mar 16, 2012, 06:34 PM
my black one works but my brown one doesnt, it will due till the new ones are available, no biggie pushing a button for a week i need the exersise lol

mcmacmike
Mar 16, 2012, 06:54 PM
My iPad and Yoobao Executive Leather case work perfect. Turns the display on/off with the cover and the cut outs line up nicely.

quadchick10
Mar 16, 2012, 07:50 PM
I have a red and brown Yoobao case. They line up perfectly. However, the red case smart feature doesn't work, only the brown. Strange...

Badbermac
Mar 16, 2012, 08:13 PM
The current case for the iPad 2. It fits perfectly EXCEPT the magnet location.

Mine works perfectly for the magnet.
Make sure you push your iPad all the way into the case

----------

I have a red and brown Yoobao case. They line up perfectly. However, the red case smart feature doesn't work, only the brown. Strange...

My red case works fine...

Zman5225
Mar 16, 2012, 08:49 PM
Mine works perfectly. I have v3 of it. Black.

gravytrain84
Mar 16, 2012, 09:12 PM
mine works perfectly. I have v3 of it. Black.

+1

laurenr
Mar 16, 2012, 09:19 PM
Yep, my yoobao folio works just great, even though it is now a year old! Sleep/wake function is triggered.:) considering the great price of this case, I might just order a spare when the new colors become available.

gravytrain84
Mar 16, 2012, 09:19 PM
Anyone know when the new color yoobaos will be out??

gigaguy
Mar 16, 2012, 09:47 PM
I now prefer the yoobao 'islim; style, hard shell leather back with minimal front clips, ike my icarer. I'd love a 3 fold front with tuck away stand. magnetic closure. side coverage and slim. not a big fan of the smart cover triangle fronts.
so many cases I see on here I don;t like, that Tuxedo style, with no side or back coverage from dirt or knocks, not for me. it looks like an open sandwich, rather go nakee or skins or just a smart cover.

laurenr
Mar 16, 2012, 09:57 PM
I now prefer the yoobao 'islim; style, hard shell leather back with minimal front clips, ike my icarer. I'd love a 3 fold front with tuck away stand. magnetic closure. side coverage and slim. not a big fan of the smart cover triangle fronts.
so many cases I see on here I don;t like, that Tuxedo style, with no side or back coverage from dirt or knocks, not for me. it looks like an open sandwich, rather go nakee or skins or just a smart cover.

Does the iSlim have 3 or 4 folds? Some cases, like the macally, with just 3 folds, are reported to be unstable. How do you find the iSlim?
I totally agree with you on the side protection!

Oh! I just noticed I replied to you here as well:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=14541500#post14541500
See post #35

gigaguy
Mar 16, 2012, 10:28 PM
I had the islim last year but returned it, not sure why, probably cause I had more shoppin to do! it had the smart cover fold front, I prefer the iPad1 Apple type fold,. fold over tuck in.
islim back and icarer back, very similar, with quality rubber bumper, inlaid leatha.
we need standard terms for these features - maybe there are, I've been away from case talk. I know exactly what I want, I think Yoobao, icarer with No tongue!, or others will make it.

and hi, Lauren, people, she knows a good case when she sees it. I forget the threads I;m in and lose track of you, its just a whilrlwind I tell ya. happy huntin!

laurenr
Mar 17, 2012, 07:44 PM
i had the islim last year but returned it, not sure why, probably cause i had more shoppin to do! It had the smart cover fold front, i prefer the ipad1 apple type fold,. Fold over tuck in.
Islim back and icarer back, very similar, with quality rubber bumper, inlaid leatha.
We need standard terms for these features - maybe there are, i've been away from case talk. I know exactly what i want, i think yoobao, icarer with no tongue!, or others will make it.

And hi, lauren, people, she knows a good case when she sees it. I forget the threads i;m in and lose track of you, its just a whilrlwind i tell ya. Happy huntin!
:)

TOYOTATruck07
Mar 19, 2012, 09:29 PM
I just received the new iPad yoobao from *******. I can't put my finger on it, but something about the leather doesn't seem like.... Leather but synthetic. I've had 4 yoobaos over the past year and none of them feel like this. It's not soft and supple like real leather. Has anyone had issues with ******* before? Thanks

christof
Mar 19, 2012, 09:53 PM
I just received the new iPad yoobao from *******. I can't put my finger on it, but something about the leather doesn't seem like.... Leather but synthetic. I've had 4 yoobaos over the past year and none of them feel like this. It's not soft and supple like real leather. Has anyone had issues with ******* before? Thanks
Where did you order the Yoobao for the new iPad? How much did it cost you? I've been waiting for the Yoobao for the new iPad.

ReallyBigFeet
Mar 19, 2012, 10:00 PM

I've ordered from the person I think you are bleeping out and had good service, but there was a spam war here for awhile so I think that's now a verboten subject.

At any rate, Yoobao quality is hit or miss. Last year I bought their first release of the iPad 2 cases and that first batch was stiff and really smelly. Its that bicast leather stuff, otherwise known as PU leather, and its like calling KFC in a bucket "gourmet chicken recipe." The later versions they released (after fixing some early issues) were better quality and showed that they weren't a rush order out the door to make the early release deadlines.

I'm not sure I'd buy another Yoobao product, and if I did, I'd certainly wait a few months for them to do a normal production run. You seem to get better goods that way.

TOYOTATruck07
Mar 19, 2012, 10:18 PM
Regarding no sleep wake with These cases made for the iPad 2, I've found a quick fix. With an exacto knife, locate and cut a 3 sided square surrounding the magnet and feel back the fabric. Pull the magnet out, flip it over, and place back in its hole. Use a light coating of glue to adhere the fabric back to the plastic underneath... And working sleep wake for iPad 3 in less than 5 minutes.

----------

I've ordered from the person I think you are bleeping out and had good service, but there was a spam war here for awhile so I think that's now a verboten subject.

At any rate, Yoobao quality is hit or miss. Last year I bought their first release of the iPad 2 cases and that first batch was stiff and really smelly. Its that bicast leather stuff, otherwise known as PU leather, and its like calling KFC in a bucket "gourmet chicken recipe." The later versions they released (after fixing some early issues) were better quality and showed that they weren't a rush order out the door to make the early release deadlines.

I'm not sure I'd buy another Yoobao product, and if I did, I'd certainly wait a few months for them to do a normal production run. You seem to get better goods that way.

I ordered from ******* and am not very pleased with the quality. The iPad 2 yoobao I ordered from amazon originally is much better quality sans sleep/wake which I just fixed. The ******* version is going back after less than 10 minutes of use.

laurenr
Mar 19, 2012, 10:50 PM
Regarding no sleep wake with These cases made for the iPad 2, I've found a quick fix. With an exacto knife, locate and cut a 3 sided square surrounding the magnet and feel back the fabric. Pull the magnet out, flip it over, and place back in its hole. Use a light coating of glue to adhere the fabric back to the plastic underneath... And working sleep wake for iPad 3 in less than 5 minutes.

----------

I ordered from ******* and am not very pleased with the quality. The iPad 2 yoobao I ordered from amazon originally is much better quality sans sleep/wake which I just fixed. The ******* version is going back after less than 10 minutes of use.

I think the quality of the case depends more on the "version" build, rather than the reseller. My red Yoobao, which I bought from him for my iPad 2, still looks like new, and it's almost a year old.

neweipadfan
Mar 20, 2012, 09:17 PM

never an issue he is a direct seller for Yoobao and always has their cases before anyone else in the US at least.

laurenr
Mar 21, 2012, 12:13 AM
never an issue he is a direct seller for Yoobao and always has their cases before anyone else in the US at least.

I agree. His customer support has always been great. I have been buying cases from him since my iPad 1. :)

bobright
Mar 25, 2012, 07:16 PM

I thought they weren't released yet?! most of the "new ipad" yoobao cases say they aren't out until the end of this month or currently just being shipped