PDA

View Full Version : iPad 2 case fits iPad 3 but not lock/unlock feature?

keogh
Mar 16, 2012, 01:01 PM
Howdy all,

My iPad 3 64GB wifi turned up today, and I instantly took my ion carbon cover of my iPad 2 and put it on my iPad 3 expecting it not to fit, but it does.

Now it does not fit perfect, but it certainly is good enough until more iPad 3 covers come to the market. However, I have one issue that I don't really understand.

The iPad cover lock/unlock option that should appear in the Settings > General menu doesn't appear with this cover? I feel the magnet attaching to my iPad and it feels secure, but whatever I do I cannot get this option to appear in the settings? Any ideas?

I'm sure that this option appears when the iPad feels the magnet attach, well as I say, it certainly is attaching as I feel it pull towards the iPad.

Any help appreciated!

ta

GoCubsGo
Mar 16, 2012, 01:02 PM
The magnets aren't in the same place reportedly. It's been discussed in recent minutes.

keogh
Mar 16, 2012, 01:04 PM
Really, well must be in close proximity as I feel it pull when I close the case. I'll keep an eye on other threads and see if I can get a solution! ta

pault106
Mar 16, 2012, 03:53 PM
Pleasantly surprised that my Choiix wake up folio for ipad 2 not only fits(just) but also works with the sleep/wake function! :)

Dechter
Mar 16, 2012, 06:04 PM
I have this issue on my Sena Florence case. The magnet seems to be slightly out of position and does not activate the sleep/wake sensor. The two magnets on the corners to hold it closed work just fine.

Some other folio style cases with larger magnets near the sleep/wake sensor seem to work on both the iPad2 and the new iPad.

Odzter
Mar 16, 2012, 11:59 PM
I have this issue on my Sena Florence case. The magnet seems to be slightly out of position and does not activate the sleep/wake sensor. The two magnets on the corners to hold it closed work just fine.

Some other folio style cases with larger magnets near the sleep/wake sensor seem to work on both the iPad2 and the new iPad.

I have the same case and will be returning it. The sensor has been moved just below the volume button.

Mark Booth
Mar 17, 2012, 12:02 AM
One vendor is claiming that Apple has changed the polarity of the magnetic sensor in the new iPad. Very interesting.

Mark

jfu222
Mar 23, 2012, 08:57 AM
Pleasantly surprised that my Choiix wake up folio for ipad 2 not only fits(just) but also works with the sleep/wake function! :)

I hope you are right! I sold my choiix case with my ipad 2 and just re-ordered a new one based on your post.

Is it still working well for you?

Any issues with it popping out or scratching the ipad?

Thanks!

jfu222
Mar 26, 2012, 03:38 PM
I hope you are right! I sold my choiix case with my ipad 2 and just re-ordered a new one based on your post.

Is it still working well for you?

Any issues with it popping out or scratching the ipad?

Thanks!

Choiix Wake up Folio for ipad 2 works!

Thanks for the advice!