Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

N-Y

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
it seems like the best features about the Apple TV dare the jailbreak features....
i'm new to Apple TV....
looking to jailbreak it... but a bit confused, it looks like there are different options to go about it...
SeasonPass?
Greenpois0n?
xbmc?
this is all new to me, all the help i can get, would be great.

I'm in Canada, main reason i got it, is to watch ESPN, will it be a problem from here?

also any iPhone/Ipad app you guys suggest to get to control Apple Tv?

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Remote (free from Apple) is a great app for controlling the AppleTV.

Can't help with the JBing questions.

SeasonPass an Greenposion are the tool to jailbreak, they are pretty much the same, just code by dferent developers, I'll recommend SeasonPass.

XBMC (also Plex) are media center program that can install after you are jailbroken.

Apple make a App (Apple remote) that allow you to control the Apple tv. You can also find Rowmote on the jailbreak side.

N-Y

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
SeasonPass an Greenposion are the tool to jailbreak, they are pretty much the same, just code by dferent developers, I'll recommend SeasonPass.

XBMC (also Plex) are media center program that can install after you are jailbroken.

Apple make a App (Apple remote) that allow you to control the Apple tv. You can also find Rowmote on the jailbreak side.

Is season pass easier to use?
also will i be able to jailbreak AT3? or there is no jailbreak for it now?

how do you watch ESPN on AT?

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Is season pass easier to use?
also will i be able to jailbreak AT3? or there is no jailbreak for it now?

how do you watch ESPN on AT?

They are pretty close, i just like SeasonPass better, pure personal preference.

I don't watch ESPN on my ATV, I have read that some people use Livestream on XBMC, you need to do a good search for that.

No the ATV3 is not jailbreakable yet, it was just released today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.