Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bryanw3535

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
Mine arrived the same day as my new iPad (third-generation).

Here's the link if you want to check it out.

This will be my third WaterField designs purchase. Bought two laptop sleeves from them (old Powerbook and 2010 MacBook Air) and have been quite pleased with the quality of the products and the company's customer service.

I went with the iPad 2/3 with Smart Cover Slip Case in Blue.

Early impressions: Looks great so far and is exactly what I was looking for. I needed something thin to protect my iPad while it's in my backpack, but I still wanted to use a Smart Cover once I reach my destination.

Worth a look...

photo1cj.jpg

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
I've had one of these for two years for my original iPad and it is great! I can't tell you how it works with the smart cover but I do know that they have a different size for iPads with smart covers.

sovereign

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2009
I've had one of these for two years for my original iPad and it is great! I can't tell you how it works with the smart cover but I do know that they have a different size for iPads with smart covers.

I can see that they would work well without the Smart Cover, as the front and back are smooth. But, regardless of a separate size for the ones with a SC, the SC is a grippy material which seems like it might not slide out so easily.

Bryanw3535

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
Does the iPad slide out easy enough with the Smart Cover?

Yes, it does. It comes in two sizes: One for Smart Cover users and one for those who just want to put the iPad in there by itself.

The one for Smart Cover users fits it perfectly. It slides out easily, but not too easily -- it's still snug.

----------

I can see that they would work well without the Smart Cover, as the front and back are smooth. But, regardless of a separate size for the ones with a SC, the SC is a grippy material which seems like it might not slide out so easily.

The inside is a smooth material, so this isn't a problem.

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Yes, it does. It comes in two sizes: One for Smart Cover users and one for those who just want to put the iPad in there by itself. The one for Smart Cover users fits it perfectly. It slides out easily, but not too easily -- it's still snug.

----------

The inside is a smooth material, so this isn't a problem.

Do you think the one designed for use with a smart cover would also accommodate the incipio smart feather (snap on case: http://www.incipio.com/new-iPad-Cases/Incipio-new-iPad-Smart-feather-Ultralight-Hard-Shell-Case.asp) , which adds a bout 1mm in thickness to the iPad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.