PDA

View Full Version : MR favicon looks shabby on iPad retina

firestarter
Mar 16, 2012, 04:39 PM
Looks like the MR logo needs a little bit of a spruce up if it's to serve as a shortcut on the iPad 3. At retina resolution I can see white pixels where they shouldn't be.

SandboxGeneral
Mar 16, 2012, 04:50 PM
I saved the MacRumors shortcut to my desktop on the iPad, and the logo that it made looks fine to me. Maybe I have a different one. :confused:

firestarter
Mar 16, 2012, 04:57 PM
Here you go...

SandboxGeneral
Mar 16, 2012, 05:18 PM
Here you go...

That's the same icon that I've got on my home screen, and honestly mine does not look that bad at all; I don't see any of the pixelation whatsoever.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49002863/MacRumors/iPad/MRLogo.png

interrobang
Mar 16, 2012, 05:31 PM
It looks like the forums.macrumors.com one is different from the www.macrumors.com one.

arn
Mar 17, 2012, 01:25 AM
It looks like the forums.macrumors.com one is different from the www.macrumors.com one.

Looks like the MR logo needs a little bit of a spruce up if it's to serve as a shortcut on the iPad 3. At retina resolution I can see white pixels where they shouldn't be.

They should be the same now. And I upgraded the resolution for it. You have to clear your safari history/data for it to take.

arn

firestarter
Mar 17, 2012, 04:49 AM
Thanks Arn, that fixed the problem.

I didn't have to clear data - I just cleared history, deleted the shortcut and recreated.

Zcott
Mar 19, 2012, 11:32 AM
Most of the forum graphics could do with an update but especially the logo in the top left.