Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
BOYCOTT DHL, BOYCOTT DHL!!!

Ok, my order was supposed to get here yesterday, then it ended up being today. Well, it wasn't delievered. I was on the phone with DHL for 1 and a half hours. They contacted the driver, gave him the directions to my house, etc. He still couldn't find my house. Then a number, which is disconnected when you try calling it back, calls and its DHL Salt Lake, my mom gives them careful instructions, and my iBook still isn't delievered w/in another half hour. Well, my mom calls DHL then, and she lets them have it. They say its supposed to be delievered tomorrow, but I doubt it will. I called TechRestore, and they were pissed. DHL used to be Airborne Express - those who didn't know - and I bet I could scrap up some dirt on them. Everyone who has ordered a mac via DHL (I didn't have a choice w/shipping) has received bad service. If its not here tomorrow, we're calling Get Gephart! a channel 5 undercover investigative reportered gets all the dirt on companies and that.

THEY BETTER DELIEVER IT. I'm not mad at Tech Restore, just DHL.

I'M ANTI-DHL.

SurfinSHELL23

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2004
Aberdeen, NJ
Put it this way - Dell uses DHL for their returns. That should say enough right there.... DHL even has a special number just for the return of Dell computers!

Good luck. :)

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
slooksterPSV said:
Everyone who has ordered a mac via DHL (I didn't have a choice w/shipping) has received bad service.

I ordered a Mac via DHL, and I didn't receive bad service.

Huked on Fonick

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
1 Loop
I have probably mailed my old ibook(s) off to apple 9 times with DHL(they replaced my first one because the mobo and cdroms drive kept going) and the second one kept doing it to. It was broken about about to be replaced again when it got stolen(got a new powerbook from insurance). I have never had one problem with DHL they allways delever on time or early, and i have had them delever to some hard to find places(middle of nowhere in vermont and arizona) to name a few. The only problems i have ever had was the apple repair depot in memphis being back uped or hit by a tornado or messen up the repair(i got it back one time and it made a whole hell of alot of noise when the fan came on......forgot to take the tape offa the new fan).

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
Yeah, I've had nothing but bad experiences with DHL. Just the fact that they don't deliver on Saturdays unless you make special arrangements and pay them $$$ in advance is enough reason to use UPS or FedEx instead. :rolleyes:

iSaint

macrumors 603
I worked for a company who switched part of their overnight shipping to DHL when they were merging with Airborne Express. They undercut prices to get any service. A great number of the deliveries were screwed up, especially in rural areas. UPS service rate is extremely high - on-time deliveries, and going out of their way to find an address. UPS has been at it so long all the drivers in my hometown know every inch of our area easily. I also found that to be true when I had service issues elsewhere, and was allowed to talk to the service center in that area.

FWIW UPS delivered my Tiger order recently. Wonder if the DHL thing is a test run.

Huked on Fonick

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
1 Loop
JDOG_ said:
Yeah, I've had nothing but bad experiences with DHL. Just the fact that they don't deliver on Saturdays unless you make special arrangements and pay them $$$ in advance is enough reason to use UPS or FedEx instead. :rolleyes:

DHL has deleved to me on a saterday b4 from an apple repair??? In fact the last repair i sent went out on wednessday morning early(from an apple store) and got back to me saterday in the AM.....

tsk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2004
Wisconsin
JDOG_ said:

UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday unless you pay extra.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
JDOG_ said:

Well, they said they'd "try" and deliver it tomorrow (being saturday). The one lady I talked to, she hung up on me. I wish there was someone I could call and get them in big big trouble - to the point where they have to shut down. I'd pay $50+ for ground shipping via UPS than pay $0.01 - or even free - shipping with DHL.

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
slooksterPSV said:
Well, they said they'd "try" and deliver it tomorrow (being saturday). The one lady I talked to, she hung up on me. I wish there was someone I could call and get them in big big trouble - to the point where they have to shut down. I'd pay $50+ for ground shipping via UPS than pay $0.01 - or even free - shipping with DHL.
That is one awesome avatar, my friend. :D

sebaz

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
DHL lost my original powerbook when it was been returned to me from Apple service. After several "we will deliver it tomorrow" they finally told me that they couldnt find the pbook, and Apple stepped up and gave me a new powerbook. Heres the story:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/72989/

Hopefully, u wont suffer the same fate that I did, but i dont trust DHL for anything. Too bad Apple insists on still using them.

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
sebaz said:
DHL lost my original powerbook when it was been returned to me from Apple service. After several "we will deliver it tomorrow" they finally told me that they couldnt find the pbook, and Apple stepped up and gave me a new powerbook. Heres the story:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/72989/

Hopefully, u wont suffer the same fate that I did, but i dont trust DHL for anything. Too bad Apple insists on still using them.
Why is it that everything that Apple produces is very high-quality, but they use Microsoft-quality shipping? It was much better when they used Airborne Express. Much better service.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Here's the sad thing, if DHL lost my iBook and TechRestore only gave me a refund. I'd probably buy another PC and 512MB of RAM for it - now why am I saying that? Well, I have some games I still can't play on my PC, cause its too slow so yeah.

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Patience.... really its not that big of a deal so your ibooks three or four days late
no one is dieing if you get pi**ed over every little thing like this you might have a breakdown so just take deep breaths and remember its just a computer.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
My LCD came from Samsung DHL and it was a week late after the site showed delivered. Samsung got mad, but I doubt they'll do anything. They were going to give me a rebate after the contacted DHL, but DHL said I "wasn't home" for 7 days in a row. Yeah right.

mxpiazza

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2003
cleveland, oh
i've actually had nothing but good experiences with DHL, but they have a shipping facility like 5 minutes from my house, so that's probably why. i always have the worst luck with fedex... they constantly say i'm not home when i am it really makes me mad. but whenever i have used airborne/DHL to ship repairs to and from apple, i have had nothing but good service, so i'm sorry to hear about your experience.

must have been emotionally crippling for you enough to make an anti-DHL avatar :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.