PDA

View Full Version : Dead pixel(s) on my new iPad. What to do?

BanterClaus
Mar 16, 2012, 06:35 PM
Just to start I'm posting the following for a friend as he doesn't have an account on here and just wanted me to post... "...

Basically I received my new iPad in the post today and I noticed there was a dead pixel on the screen. Upon closer inspection and after remembering this was retina display I determined that this was actually a cluster of 4 dead pixels. I really don't know what to do.

Im wondering if I should take it back to an Apple store but they are more than likely going to be out of stock (assuming that an exchange is needed). Should I really be bothered, its just now I know its there its really beginning to bother me. Also will the guys in the Apple store think I'm a bit of a dick for taking back the new iPad when others are so desperate to get one.

Has anyone else done anything like this, what should I do?

Thanks

shellbryson
Mar 16, 2012, 06:40 PM
Have the same issue with a single cluster on mine. Will call Apple on Monday to discuss I think. Sadly, closest Apple Store is Glasgow (I'm in Edinburgh) and I dont fancy that trek (hurry up and open that damn Edinburgh store!! This is the Scottish capital city for goodness sake!)