PDA

View Full Version : Smart Covers - Do they come in open-faced boxes now?

MacLifer
Mar 16, 2012, 07:08 PM
UPDATE: I have been told my memory is either fading and/or I had a counterfeit cover the first time. Apparently, the smart covers have always come in open-faced boxes.

I remember when the iPad 2 came out, the smart covers came in fully enclosed boxes, with a picture of the smart cover on the front of the box.

I just received a smart cover I ordered from the online Apple Store and I was a bit surprised that they came in see-through, open-faced boxes. Basically you see the smart cover directly inside the box.

Is the see-through box the norm now?

With all this talk about counterfeit covers, one gets a little paranoid. (Yes, I know I did order it from the Apple Store so counterfeit is probably unlikely.)

faxao
Mar 16, 2012, 07:13 PM
All the smart covers I see in the local Apple store are boxed like the one you received.

maclook
Mar 16, 2012, 07:13 PM
You're mistaken.
It's always been a clear plastic front that shows the real Smart Cover inside. I bought one at the iPad 2 launch.

RossMc
Mar 16, 2012, 07:14 PM
They have always came in open-faced boxes. The blue one I got on launch did and so did the updated Dark Grey one I got a few month ago.

Are you sure you didn't get a knock off one the first time?

glen e
Mar 16, 2012, 07:14 PM
you got it from apple and you are still paranoid?

wow...

yes - open faced since I can remember...

MacLifer
Mar 16, 2012, 07:16 PM
They have always came in open-faced boxes. The blue one I got on launch did and so did the updated Dark Grey one I got a few month ago did.

Are you sure you didn't get a knock off one the first time?

Fair enough. Maybe that is possible. Thanks.

deeddawg
Mar 16, 2012, 07:21 PM
Fair enough. Maybe that is possible. Thanks.

It's how I remember it as well. Always with open/clear front to the box.