PDA

View Full Version : Developer Preview 2 bugs

karsten
Mar 16, 2012, 08:22 PM
What i've seen so far is that text size in finder doesn't adhere to user preferences, it's large (about 12pt) and even after being changed to smaller reverts to large size.

shearm
Mar 16, 2012, 08:35 PM
anyone else see this?

JangoFett124
Mar 16, 2012, 08:45 PM
Make sure to file this with Apple.

Nielsenius
Mar 17, 2012, 08:29 AM
The only bug I've noticed in DP 2 is Private Browsing in Safari. When you switch it on or off you must open a new window. If you don't all webpages show up blank.

Otherwise, DP 2 is much, much more stable than DP 1. I had issues connecting my MacBook Pro to my Cinema Display; that's fixed (most likely graphics drivers). Mail.app was sometimes unresponsive; fixed. Software Update (in App Store) kept telling me to update print drivers; fixed. All in all, DP 2 feels great.

PurrBall
Mar 17, 2012, 10:14 AM
Still keeps asking for Thunderbolt firmware updates for me.

Beavix
Mar 17, 2012, 01:12 PM
Got two system freezes after installing DP2. First one occurred after I tried moving a tab in Safari. The second one was triggered when I tried opening a video stream in QuickTime.

ac3320
Mar 17, 2012, 02:45 PM
Got two system freezes after installing DP2. First one occurred after I tried moving a tab in Safari. The second one was triggered when I tried opening a video stream in QuickTime.

Overall, I would say that DP2 is much faster and snappier than DP1, but I am getting more of these funky so-called "Forced Log Outs," which I have never experienced before.

Also, Reeder is broken and so is Caffeinated, for the most part (though Caffeinated will run for a bit whereas Reeder crashes right after launch).

Interestingly, QuickTime is back for me. I was having to run VLC for all my movies in DP1.

Safari is significantly faster, that is for sure.

Nielsenius
Mar 17, 2012, 03:45 PM
Overall, I would say that DP2 is much faster and snappier than DP1, but I am getting more of these funky so-called "Forced Log Outs," which I have never experienced before.

Also, Reeder is broken and so is Caffeinated, for the most part (though Caffeinated will run for a bit whereas Reeder crashes right after launch).

Interestingly, QuickTime is back for me. I was having to run VLC for all my movies in DP1.

Safari is significantly faster, that is for sure.
Yeah, I noticed that Reeder crashes on startup. Any ideas on how this might be fixed (aside from waiting for future updates)?

ac3320
Mar 17, 2012, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I noticed that Reeder crashes on startup. Any ideas on how this might be fixed (aside from waiting for future updates)?

Probably will have to wait until Rizzi updates Reeder to 1.1.5 or whatever the next one will be. Caffeinated is actually not half bad..

Peace
Mar 17, 2012, 03:50 PM
bugreport.apple.com (http://bugreport.apple.com)

bushido
Mar 17, 2012, 04:14 PM
iMail just froze my system after i got an new email. Had to force reboot

Sound214
Mar 17, 2012, 05:28 PM
I don't know if this is a bug, but Safari iCloud Tabs (Show Tabs on Other Devices) doesn't seem to work for me, I just got a "No iCloud tabs available" message.

Nielsenius
Mar 17, 2012, 05:50 PM
I don't know if this is a bug, but Safari iCloud Tabs (Show Tabs on Other Devices) doesn't seem to work for me, I just got a "No iCloud tabs available" message.
Same. I'm not sure if this is an OS X issue or an iOS issue. It could be that the button is useless right now, or it could be that iOS devices haven't been updated to utilize the feature.

ac3320
Mar 17, 2012, 06:03 PM
Same. I'm not sure if this is an OS X issue or an iOS issue. It could be that the button is useless right now, or it could be that iOS devices haven't been updated to utilize the feature.

I got it to work...

Sound214
Mar 17, 2012, 06:08 PM
I got it to work...

...how?

ac3320
Mar 17, 2012, 06:09 PM
...how?

Sorry if I made it sound like I did something to get it to work :) I did nothing. I was broken for me earlier, and then I just checked it and it was showing something besides "No iCloud tabs."

Nielsenius
Mar 17, 2012, 06:18 PM
Sorry if I made it sound like I did something to get it to work :) I did nothing. I was broken for me earlier, and then I just checked it and it was showing something besides "No iCloud tabs."
Thanks for sharing this. I'll see if I can get it to work for me, too.

JUiCEJamie
Mar 17, 2012, 06:21 PM

Interesting. So facebook was originally on your device? Which was then brought over to Safari for the Mac?
See, I thought it'd be the other way around. - Or even have the capability of syncing tabs either way.

It's still broken for me, I'll keep trying.

WAM2
Mar 17, 2012, 07:35 PM
Not Sure if this is a Quartz Issue/Bug or iMovie 11' Needing an Update for Mountain Lion Support but this didn't happen on DP1.

http://i43.tinypic.com/157ht8n.png

ajvizzgamer101
Mar 17, 2012, 08:40 PM
Safari is being a pain especially for videos. And I am noticing a bit more sluggishness.

ac3320
Mar 17, 2012, 08:56 PM
Interesting. So facebook was originally on your device? Which was then brought over to Safari for the Mac?
See, I thought it'd be the other way around. - Or even have the capability of syncing tabs either way.

It's still broken for me, I'll keep trying.

Actually, I don't recall Facebook being open on my iPod :/ So that doesn't make sense.

You would think it *should* go both ways, but who knows -- it is probably half broken right now anyways.

karsten
Mar 17, 2012, 09:07 PM
iMail just froze my system after i got an new email. Had to force reboot

i've had imail need a force restart several times.

most recently i've noticed in forums.macrumors.com is that the mouse focus is several lines of text off of where the cursor actually is. like if i click the click gets registered on a completely different thread topic. i've filed both of mine

i0Nic
Mar 18, 2012, 01:05 AM
App Store isn't working for me when I try to update an app. It just hangs and then throws up an error after a while. Any help?

paul117
Mar 18, 2012, 04:05 AM
just filed a bug report, anyone else notice that when u set a wallpaper of your own it does not stay when the computer reboots?

treichert
Mar 18, 2012, 04:08 AM
just filed a bug report, anyone else notice that when u set a wallpaper of your own it does not stay when the computer reboots?

Yes, that just happened to me as well. It was still selected in System Preferences but the actual displayed wallpaper was one from a few days ago.

paul117
Mar 18, 2012, 04:10 AM
Yes, that just happened to me as well. It was still selected in System Preferences but the actual displayed wallpaper was one from a few days ago.

for me it still has it selected like on yours but mine resets to the default wallpaper.

bushido
Mar 18, 2012, 04:47 AM
my wifi is disabled when i wake it up from standby

JUiCEJamie
Mar 18, 2012, 05:38 AM

haha! You beat me to it! :P

paul117
Mar 19, 2012, 12:34 AM
i have an issue with wifi on my macbook pro on DP2 where it will not detect my 5GHz network from my time capsule... only the slower 2.4GHz, also i cant remove past networks from the system preferences....
anyone else have this? lol kinda annoying... usualy rebooting every network device fixes it here but my laptop is the only one affected and it only happens in os on EFI it detects and connects to the network fine.

Guzzy
Mar 19, 2012, 11:11 AM
Anyone still getting sluggishness when scrolling around Chrome, Safari, iTunes? I'm running the newest 13 inch MacBook Pro with DP2. When I restart everything runs great then it slugs around. I'm also running 8GB of RAM too.

pmz
Mar 19, 2012, 11:37 AM
New issue with DP 2:

smbd process running every few minutes, takin 100% CPU.

Any thoughts on this?

thenewperson
Mar 19, 2012, 02:48 PM
- Osfoora doesn't highlight links and images (although it shows previews for these), so clicking on them won't work (since they appear as typical text). You'd have to copy and paste them to view.

- Safari crashes after saving a page to Reading List.

- Reeder crashes on launch.

- Animations are pretty slow compared to DP1.

- iTunes doesn't give accurate sync progress (and sometimes the sync stalls) when syncing.

- Attached external drives are always being accessed for *something*. Not sure whether they're being read from or written to.

kemo
Mar 21, 2012, 05:03 AM
Im experiencing Mission Control bug - when switching via cmd+tab shortcut between opened apps, from time to time happens, that the app just freeze on the screen and is visible on every desktop - over the freezed app is actual window of the app you switch to, and when I activate mission control (via hot corner) the top panel with all desktops is not visible at all. The app that I switched to, is moved underneath the freezed app window. The only way how to "workaround" is to quit the freezed app and switch couple of times the active app - then mission control start working again... pretty weird.

I have mbp mid 2010 i5. Upgraded from 10.6.8.

paul117
Mar 21, 2012, 12:16 PM
ive found with my macbook pro it has a habit of not going into standby when i close the lid it simply locks up. i cant rember if it did it on lion though lol

james948
Mar 21, 2012, 03:12 PM
Can someone confirm whether garageband works in DP2?
Final Cut Pro X?
Hazel?
Thanks in advance.
James.

Pooshka
Mar 22, 2012, 05:18 PM
Can someone confirm whether garageband works in DP2?
Final Cut Pro X?
Hazel?
Thanks in advance.
James.
GarageBand does. Don't have the other ones to check.

Mr. Retrofire
Mar 23, 2012, 05:42 AM
- Attached external drives are always being accessed for *something*. Not sure whether they're being read from or written to.
This in terminal window helps:
sudo fs_usage > ~/Desktop/fs_access_log.txt
Stop the fs_usage tool at the appropriate moment via "Cmd + .", then open the fs_access_log.txt file with BBEdit (http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/726/bbedit) or TextWrangler (http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11009/textwrangler)!

;-)

atMac
Mar 23, 2012, 07:33 AM
I dont get why iCloud needs a button and isn't just an on/ off switch in preferences. It should just do it, or not do it.

Tmelon
Mar 23, 2012, 12:07 PM
Occasionally laggy scrolling in Safari and iTunes
Notes crashes on startup
Flash videos sometimes won't load on Safari 5.2
Notification center won't display after connecting/disconnecting from external monitor

dizash
Mar 24, 2012, 12:19 AM
I have 8GB of RAM in my MBP and DP2 is still causing sluggishness and worse, it's hanging every few minutes. I've had several freezes where I had to force restart by pushing the power button. I've even had a couple of kernal panics, which are always disturbing. Oh, and that Quartz issue too when connected to an external monitor.

I noticed in the ActivityMonitor that "Google Chrome Renderer" is fluctuating in it's use of CPU.

Any ideas on any workarounds would be greatly appreciated.....thanks

elchemor
Mar 24, 2012, 02:47 AM
I dont seem to be able to open the console in DP2

everytime it crashes on me with Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

tried it on two Mac's running DP2, is that common to others with DP2 ?

paul117
Mar 24, 2012, 07:20 AM
ive had random lockups and even a case where wifi will crash the bar up the top the side with all the icons will have the little spinning beach ball over it and it will not reboot without holding the power button.... i have also experenced the issue where the external hard drive is "always" accessing something... it was doing the same to open dmg files too.

percival504
Mar 25, 2012, 10:54 AM

Funny: that frequently happens to me in Lion.

SamTheGeek
Mar 25, 2012, 12:20 PM
I dont get why iCloud needs a button and isn't just an on/ off switch in preferences. It should just do it, or not do it.

Apple's doing it the same way Google is - by showing tabs that are open on other computers, but not automatically opening them. Since iOS has a 9-tab limit, it solves the problem of the "tenth tab" in OS X's Safari.

_______

Other things of note: I've noticed that Safari Add-ons seem to have some trouble with 5.2. GIFs don't work well at all in the version of Webkit included in DP2. And iTunes can be crashy, but since I started a new library the problem has been fixed.

dyrer
Mar 26, 2012, 03:24 AM
istat, weather etc are not working
in weather gadget stopped updating the date :(

Yamcha
Mar 26, 2012, 12:33 PM
Yup same problem of the wallpaper resetting on me, which is an annoyance.. There wasn't this problem on the first devleoper preview..

bushido
Mar 27, 2012, 05:27 PM
my graphic card seems to randomly fail while watching videos for a long period of time which freezes my computer and forces me to hard reset

Newfiejudd
Mar 28, 2012, 06:20 PM
For me iMessages is not working. I am unable to log in. Anyone else able to use iMessage?

EDIT: My date and time settings were wrong. Once corrected all was good.

atMac
Mar 31, 2012, 08:06 PM
I have 4 issues and I have filed a report for all of them:

1) even if all notifications are off the icon is still on the taskbar, I can kill it using a permissions change in Terminal, but it comes back after a perm fix.

2) Scrolling in Safari is choppy

3) When a page refreshes and it's not the currently viewed tab parts from the previously loaded page is still in view until you scroll the new page up and down

4) Wallpaper won't stay after a reboot.

ajvizzgamer101
Apr 3, 2012, 04:37 PM
Anyone's computer just deciding to log out? Mainly when I am watching a video it will log me out (and when I turn of the ability to go to log in screen it takes me to a blue screen) and then logs me back in. It started last week. And I had it for like 2 weeks or when every DP 2 came out.

Also having an issue where my Macbook Pro's num lock light will not turn off.

Nielsenius
Apr 3, 2012, 07:32 PM
For everyone with the random log out issue, I think I know the cause. For me at least, the log out occurs when I press a function key (pause/play, forward, back, etc.) at the top of the keyboard. Is this the case for those of you with the issue? Aside from this, I'm not sure what's causing this annoyance.

Yamcha
Apr 4, 2012, 02:54 PM
I must say that the Developer Preview 2 is a lot more buggy then the first release, at least in my experience.. But some bugs have been resolved from the previous build..

The issues I'm having is wallpaper resetting on me, sometimes nothing happens when I try to shut down.. I often have to force quit applications..

I'm unable to run X11 based applications even after installing XQuartz, this again was not a problem on the first build..

Another problem is graphic glitches in some games, and in Safari aswell.. Just before a page will load I see graphic glitches..

Feltzem
Apr 5, 2012, 11:11 PM
Sound effects aren't working for me. General sounds (eg movies) is fine.

flynn1900
Apr 6, 2012, 08:16 AM
I have a very annoying bug, which started because of totalfinder i think, bug i removed it and the bug is still here:
I cannot have a sidebar in the finder unless it's the first finder window open, and the keyboard shortcut (alt+cmd+s) is greyed out in the menu bar (view menu).
Any help??

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/6832/screenshot20120406at915.png

liquidsuns
Apr 6, 2012, 01:35 PM
Audio is not playing in Safari. Plays fine everywhere else.

paul117
Apr 7, 2012, 06:52 AM
i now have 3 new issues developed

1. from time to time i will get errors when my MBP trys to backup to my Time Capsule saying "Could not get status of Disk" normally 1 or 2 reboots of the laptop fixes this
2. from time to time random lockups or simply wont shut down
and my all time fav
3. i will be happly browsing the web or doing something else and suddenly my everything will freeze.... 2 minutes tops, and then i will have no internet connection as with number 2 shutting down my laptop becomes quite the pain, it is like it hits a set download limit and the net just crashes.... every other computer is fine so it leads to only an issue in ML. it can take afew days (i normally put my laptop into sleep) or say... im using utorrent.. then the internet will go down quicker

i have failed to meantion... and this is an issue i have had since DP 1... from time to time the finder bar will go black.

Takuro
Apr 7, 2012, 08:26 AM
For everyone with the random log out issue, I think I know the cause. For me at least, the log out occurs when I press a function key (pause/play, forward, back, etc.) at the top of the keyboard. Is this the case for those of you with the issue? Aside from this, I'm not sure what's causing this annoyance.

This might seem like an obvious question, but if can you check system preferences in "Security & Privacy", do you have the option to automatically log out enabled? If not, does disabling your screen saver workaround the issue? If you have a password prompt enabled when the screen saver kicks in, this could also potentially be an issue.

Nielsenius
Apr 7, 2012, 09:31 AM
This might seem like an obvious question, but if can you check system preferences in "Security & Privacy", do you have the option to automatically log out enabled? If not, does disabling your screen saver workaround the issue? If you have a password prompt enabled when the screen saver kicks in, this could also potentially be an issue.
Yes, I had the immediate password box checked in System Preferences. I just turned it off and I'll see if that solves the problem.

Update: Nope, it didn't solve the problem. Function keys still cause the log out.

SantaRosa2.2
Apr 8, 2012, 05:26 PM
One bug I noticed it seems like Hot corners remain active even when in full screen game play, I've played arkham asylum and the hot corners I have set launchpad and mission control ( 2 lower corners) will activate during game play. I deactivate the hot corners and problem solved.

SantaRosa2.2
Apr 8, 2012, 07:22 PM
Also having an issue where my Macbook Pro's num lock light will not turn off.

I also have the num lock light issue, key functions as normal but light will not go off until restart. seems to on in conjuction with caps lock but doesn't go out.:confused:

ajvizzgamer101
Apr 8, 2012, 07:56 PM
I also have the num lock light issue, key functions as normal but light will not go off until restart. seems to on in conjuction with caps lock but doesn't go out.:confused:

I have a theory that it happens to older Macbooks. Pre-Unibody. Is that what yours is? Mines late 2007.

----------

Audio is not playing in Safari. Plays fine everywhere else.

Sometimes my Audio gets stuck... try going to utilities > Audio Midi Devices > Built in Audio > Click the drop down menu and select any of them and then you will here all the sounds that got stuck and that should fix it for a while.

SantaRosa2.2
Apr 8, 2012, 08:20 PM
I have a theory that it happens to older Macbooks. Pre-Unibody. Is that what yours is? Mines late 2007.[

Yes,mine is a late 2007 as well.

q64ceo
Apr 17, 2012, 02:27 AM
Some serious bugs for me. Most importantly, I cannot get apple-gcc42 to compile at all.

That and Wine does not work under DP2. I have to boot into Lion whenever I want to play a Windows game (**** Windows, I dont want to boot into it)

hafr
Apr 17, 2012, 04:34 AM
In Safari, swiping back a page seems to be a bit funny...

Sometimes it doesn't load anything at all, but shows only a white page. From time to time, scrolling will make the page visible, sometimes you have to manually reload the page.

Sometimes the cursor is above where the 'real' cursor is, meaning it looks like a click on one link but get a link from a few inches further down. Sometimes the link isn't even visible on the screen.

Also, I can't add folders to Folders Action Setup...

Humex
Apr 19, 2012, 11:53 AM
I have two problems:
The first is the font size on the finder. I'm from 10 to 13, it always comes down to size 12 (it's irritating). Problem seen in the DP2 and DP3.
Illustrations:
when I open again the Finder window the font size has changed in the preferences but it remains at 11" : http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=120419070114185036.png
true size 11" : http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=120419065743728950.png
The second concern is related to Quicktime. When I read a media and that I advance the media several times the sound stutters. This problem present on DP2 and DP3.