PDA

View Full Version : Speck smartshell on new iPad?

jwilson25
Mar 16, 2012, 09:56 PM
Has anyone tried an iPad 2 Smartshell on a new iPad yet? I like my Apple smart cover, so I was hoping to use one of these on the back, by wanted to make sure there wasn't any thickness related fitmen issues. Thanks.

xpower180
Mar 17, 2012, 09:03 AM
I would like to know the answer to this too.

thelead
Mar 17, 2012, 09:10 AM
I don't have a speck brand smartshell but I do have a hard plastic shell that does not fit. My leather snap case did fit though. In other words, materials with a little give should work but the hard cases do not.

EDH667
Mar 17, 2012, 11:32 AM
According to the Macworld review: "For some others, such as Speck's rigid Smart Shell for iPad 2, the case fit, but once it wrapped around all of the new iPad's edges, it was obvious the case was made for something slightly thinner—there were a few gaps between the iPad's body and the case where the case was being stretched a bit too much. In general, the shells that didn't fit tended to be those made of especially rigid material, those that barely extended around the sides of the iPad, and, of course, those that had little to no wiggle room with the iPad 2—these often couldn't firmly attach to the new iPad."

Jeffreyallanric
Mar 25, 2012, 08:45 AM
I have the black version (with the rubberized exterior) and it snapped on with a little bit of force for me. Feels better than it did on the iPad 2 -- it always had a liitle give. I'm mildly concerned about heat since its so snug, but I'm not going to really worry about it....looks great and I feel protected. :)